Dead Space scariest game Ever? page 2

96 posts

Flag Post

dead space is jumpy i wouldnt say scary though F.E.A.R 2 wasnt scary at all if u wana scare the crap out of urself play one of the sielent hills i have them all AND THEY STILL GIVE ME THE HEBBIE JEBBIES

Flag Post
Originally posted by jake125:

dead space is jumpy i wouldnt say scary though F.E.A.R 2 wasnt scary at all if u wana scare the crap out of urself play one of the sielent hills i have them all AND THEY STILL GIVE ME THE HEBBIE JEBBIES

Dead Space never made jump, I just didn’t find it scary, either I have will of steel or it isn’t scary. The Silent Hill series on the other hand…

Flag Post

I see none of you ever played the Thief series.

Condemned? Repetitive, points for good effort.
FEAR games, good start but laughable as soon as you realize everything scary is scripted.
Heard good stuff about Dead Space, tried it, pathetic. Who finds that kind of thing scary? It’s the same kind of horror as Doom 3. Also, with all the neon lights and overdone gore and blood effects i see it more as a 3D anime cartoon. Oh wait..

Play Thief 1, 2 and finally the cradle level in thief 3. No game has ever come close to them.

Flag Post

You could try Exmortis it’s online and is actually creepy especially if you play in the dark. Quite a few twists to if you play the second one as well.

Flag Post

boishock resident evil4

Flag Post

well, after you play your fisrt scary game or watch your first horror movie and get over the fear that slowly eats at you, you only become startled, not as much afraid of what will happen. but some things are the exeption

Flag Post

type in youtube backwards half life 2 zombie sounds an
d you will never play hl2 again PS. also type in hl2 scary radio song :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:

Or Siren, or Pathologic.

I vote for Siren

Flag Post

No games really scare me any more,It took me a year before I got the the guts to play bioshock,then when I played it I was like"wow,why dident I just play this the first day I saw it".The one thing that realy scared me was blood harvest in L4D,I just cant handle that one campain,I can play every other one without freaking out except for that one.

Flag Post

Dead Space was an amazing game, and I completed it all 100% (1000/1000 Gs). Definitely made me jump a few times, and I needed to take a break after chapter 3 when I first got it…it was 3 a.m. and I was alone in the dark.

Bioshock definitely scared me too. That dentist! Crikey, I jumped 3 feet when he showed up.

But if you want the scariest game ever…go for the best survival horror game out there: Resident Evil 5. I couldn’t sleep for weeks after completing the first level. :(

Flag Post

I didn’t find this game scary after the second level or so because of how predictable it is. There are… startling moments, but it isn’t scary.

Flag Post

Could someone post a complete list of the official names of all the enemies in Dead Space?

Originally posted by SuitedCriminal:

Dead Space was an amazing game, and I completed it all 100% (1000/1000 Gs). Definitely made me jump a few times, and I needed to take a break after chapter 3 when I first got it…it was 3 a.m. and I was alone in the dark.

Bioshock definitely scared me too. That dentist! Crikey, I jumped 3 feet when he showed up.

But if you want the scariest game ever…go for the best survival horror game out there: Resident Evil 5. I couldn’t sleep for weeks after completing the first level. :(

The only time I ever got scared at all in RE5 was during battles with chainsaw zombies. The Co-Op was good, but since this was my first horror game, I was disappointed. =/

Flag Post

The Darkness games on Kongregate were scarier for me than any console game I’ve ever played.

Flag Post

Play Condemned: Criminal Origins, Doom 3 or Silent Hill 2,3 with headphones.

Flag Post

OP’s a six year old.

Flag Post

Not many games scare me once I get used to them.

Flag Post

Honestly, I never get scared about games. The only game that scared me was Fallout 3 when ghouls come out of nowhere and get you! :)

Flag Post

its scary at the beginning but once u get use to the game there is nothing to worry about……except being killed by the necrmorphs.

Flag Post

Thief. Shalebridge Cradle. ’Nuff said.

Until you’ve at least tried to play that level, you don’t even have the right to talk about scary games.

Flag Post

submachine series…
ok, so maybe it’s not scary upfront-you don’t have to deal with getting attacked or anything-but it has a certain creeping terror to it. Loops of space and time? Strange dungeons with a weird crystal? waking up, seing yourself playing the previous chapter?…and that’s all before the most recent one.

Flag Post

Doom 3 used to be scary at first to me, then I noticed very, very obvious patterns. You begin to anticipate things like when you pick up ammo/health packs that there will be a swarm of demons right behind your back.

Flag Post

I found “The Darkness” games on Kongregate scarier than any console game I’ve played.
Admittedly, I’m only up to chapter 3 on Deep Space. I haven’t really bothered playing it much.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuzzyBacon:

Try Half-Life and Bioshock. Then come back to me.

Dead space and bioshock didn’t move me. I player half-life at the age of 10. Not scary.

Flag Post

Try Painkiller.

Flag Post

Oddly enough, I found Clock Tower for the SNES far scarier than most modern games (eg Silent Hill). You’re being stalked by a psycho midget with shears through a randomly generated mansion with no real way to fight back against him. You can try to hide, but if he sees through your hiding spot, you die. You can occasionally punch him and run away, but it doesn’t work consistently. The scary part of the game is that you’re essentially defenseless.