Tips For Caravaneer

13 posts

Flag Post

anybody got any tips on how to beat caravaneer? im stumped! p.s. what would be the best trade route for an intermiediate? ( i know i spelled it wrong. typo:(

Flag Post

Well at first DO AS THE SHERIFF SAYS OR YOU WILL BE KILLED BY BANDITS! Basic tips You need lots less food and forage than water, so get around 20-30 forage and food on normal journeys and 30-40 forage on long journeys.get around 50-60 water on normal journeys and get 60-70 water on long journeys.
Intermediate tips.

Make sure you are armed by giving yourself a sidearm with plenty ammo so if you run out of ammo for your main gun use your sidearm. (I dont know if that is a basic or intermediate tip :D )

ASAP You Must get M4s as they are long range and powerful, but at the start stick with the snipers.
In my opinion dont get grenades they always miss and they are a fail for me.

do the military side for a more satisfying ending and longer story

Flag Post
Originally posted by jax999:

Well at first DO AS THE SHERIFF SAYS OR YOU WILL BE KILLED BY BANDITS! Basic tips You need lots less food and forage than water, so get around 20-30 forage and food on normal journeys and 30-40 forage on long journeys.get around 50-60 water on normal journeys and get 60-70 water on long journeys.

Intermediate tips.

Make sure you are armed by giving yourself a sidearm with plenty ammo so if you run out of ammo for your main gun use your sidearm. (I dont know if that is a basic or intermediate tip :D )

ASAP You Must get M4s as they are long range and powerful, but at the start stick with the snipers.

Hope that helped.

Flag Post

The Sheriff gives you the route to start with. You NEED to hire a second person and equip them with something. Then buy enough food to make it to the next town and fill on water. Then use whatever you have left to buy leather. Go to the next town sell the leather buy shoes. Take the shoes up and sell them. Buy nothing else and head back to Poca Cosa. Repeat this buy/sell triangle rmember to stock on water food and forage to be able to make it for TWO towns at a time when it comes to food and forage, but never water. The game has in game things to help you plan food/water/forage needs, on the main screen under the caravan button it tells you how much you use per day/km When you plan a trip from city to city some quick math will help you determine your needs.

As far as the best animal combos get the Mule hooked to the small woden or medium wooden cart. When you look at carts they have a multiplier. Ie a wood cart generally has a 2x <d> multiplier so if your animal can haul 100kg , the cart weighs 40 but can haul 300kg <c> it looks like this: A times D, subtract B from this and the animal can haul the lesser of this equation or C, 100*2= 200, 200-40=160 since the max the animal can now haul is 160 and that is less than the max of the cart <300> you can carry 160kg of supplies/goods.

At first take everything you can from defeated robbers, then try to sell in the next city at first some pistols knives swords can be sold but soon the demand in towns wont be there and you will find it useless to even pick them up. This can also be a quick way to equip men with some free although poor weapons at first. Once you get the hang and build up some cash you will soon need more men, animals, carts. Until you have a party of at least two helpers and three mule/cart combos do NOT venture on to vadamer platz. When you do make sure to take as many finished goods as possible ie shoes, clothes as they will have high demand at first and give you good money

Advanced tip: Every town has an economy of wealth per citizen, to see it click the economy button in the lower left corner then look middle top of the next screen. Any time you can buy before selling do so as it raises the wealth of each citzen in the town and will give you a higher pay per item. Always sell the highest valuable items first as during each trip the town only has so much extra to spend so will give you that much wealth over the normal price of the item.

If you have any questions on this game please leave me a shout and I will try to reply, I still have a few things to learn then am thinking about making a quick use guide for tips/tricks/ walkthroughs

As far as grenades they are a splash damage item not an accuracy item but if you equip them with a person with low sniper capabilities your asking a six year old to pitch a major league game. and use the force throw option as it never adds any extra AP to use but will get it farther

Flag Post

Hey i need help, im already in qubba and Fort Goks, but i need to know how i do the military side or goverment side, i mean, im in qubba, asked to the president there for a job and said it will be given in months! Also, where do i get the pass for the military base, please help me so i can pass this game!

Flag Post
Originally posted by jax999:

Intermediate tips.

Ok thanks, anyway, The military ending is the goverment ending? or is join the Desert Squad? im already in the quest between the Desert squad and the Robbers, i need to talk sheriff, this is getting hard!

Flag Post

“You NEED to hire a second person and equip them with something.”
I was doing a quabba – fort goks trade before I hired my first employee.

Flag Post

ok…
first of all: build up your own group of people before you bother starting the storyline.
(unless you want the lame government storyline, which is boring, really…)

you’ll want anywhere from 5-16 people. GOOD people…like 8+ str and an absolute minimum of 6 agility (4 agility with 10 str is ok, but otherwise, not), Any more than 16 will start getting in your way.
a good, solid trade route: hara: fuel→ fort goks (or other nearby town): alchohol→ quabba: crude(finite amount!)→ hara.

go to the southwest corner to start the Desert patrol thing…
but talk to oswald raff (Quabba)before you declare war on the government so you can get a base pass from him, skipping the trickiest (non-combat) portion of the storyline. (one where you’d have to save in a different slot for every step if you played through normally).
oh, when talking to the ex-robber, do not mention the sheriff, and offer 20k right off the bat to save 30k.

When getting ready to fight the finall battle, equip everyone with sniper rifles and those golden colored grenades, both are available in quabba. start stocking up on military armor WELL before then.

warning: IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE BANDITS FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER…you are not ready to start the story line. And by handle, I mean handle at least 5 in a row. They’ll get a LOT tougher once you accept the convoys and combat engineer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:

ok…
first of all: build up your own group of people before you bother starting the storyline.
(unless you want the lame government storyline, which is boring, really…)

you’ll want anywhere from 5-16 people. GOOD people…like 8+ str and an absolute minimum of 6 agility (4 agility with 10 str is ok, but otherwise, not), Any more than 16 will start getting in your way.
a good, solid trade route: hara: fuel→ fort goks (or other nearby town): alchohol→ quabba: crude(finite amount!)→ hara.

go to the southwest corner to start the Desert patrol thing…
but talk to oswald raff (Quabba)before you declare war on the government so you can get a base pass from him, skipping the trickiest (non-combat) portion of the storyline. (one where you’d have to save in a different slot for every step if you played through normally).
oh, when talking to the ex-robber, do not mention the sheriff, and offer 20k right off the bat to save 30k.

When getting ready to fight the finall battle, equip everyone with sniper rifles and those golden colored grenades, both are available in quabba. start stocking up on military armor WELL before then.

warning: IF YOU CANNOT HANDLE THE BANDITS FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER…you are not ready to start the story line. And by handle, I mean handle at least 5 in a row. They’ll get a LOT tougher once you accept the convoys and combat engineer.

Thanks, anyway, do you know where is the Secret Bandit bunker (i am in Aby kirshyk, but the ex bandit said it was 113º and 166KM, if im wrong correct me, so please can you tell me)

Flag Post

Thanks for the tips everybody, now i need help, where do i find the caravan X? i forgot and i must search it, i have already the pass to the military base of fort Goks, And i have the 2nd mission of John shepperd of the desert patrol, please help me, i will be very happy if you tell me

Flag Post

hang out around quabba. Caravan x will eventually show up…provided you haven’t destroyed it already.

Incidentially, bring a bunch of gold to quabba, then purchase the jewlery. Sell a bunch at once to an unsuspecting town, then buy it back for pennies. pick two towns you never visit. you’ll have more money than you could possibly spend.

p.s. start stocking up on golden grenades and military armor.

Flag Post

Once you get Caravan X, go back to Verdammter Platz, Talk to John, And he will tell you about a girl called ’’francisca’’ This girl is in Fort Goks, So beware of cops, once in fort Goks, go to her apartment, and talk to her, IF YOU DONE CORRECTLY (that means if you asked to oswald get a job and he gives you the pass, you dont need to do this step, if you dont have the pass, do the next step) Talk to her, and then say you dont have a pass, she will make a copy and will give it to you TOMORROW (example, if your game it’s in 29 march, you must go with her at march 30, if you get late, you have to see her again tomorrow, (this time 31 march) ), So, when you have your pass, go to the base and give it to the guy in the door, when you’re inside, see the console and then go back to verdammter platz, talk to john about not deactivating the missiles, so he will tell you that a old general it’s in Diep Gat, go with the general and talk to him (BEWARE!, if you choose wrong, you will have to restart the game, or load if you SAVED it) Go and talk to the old general, and tell him you need a book for operate a missile console MRM-12-R, You must now choose that you want it for your Collection of Books about missiles, He will deny your trade and wants something more valuable than money, Go back to Verdammter, And talk to John, he will give you a book about war, go with the old guy, and give him the book, he will give you the book then, go and talk to john, and then go to Fort Goks, go to the Base, and go and read the book (Go to caravan, Then go to Cargo, and At the end it will appear a book, click it and choose READ) Then, Go to chapter 3 and there will appear the Commands, use them for operate the missiles, Sadly, I dont know anymore (Because i got arrested by executing protocol41) So, I hope this helps

Flag Post
Originally posted by julian999345:

Once you get Caravan X, go back to Verdammter Platz, Talk to John, And he will tell you about a girl called ’’francisca’’ This girl is in Fort Goks, So beware of cops, once in fort Goks, go to her apartment, and talk to her, IF YOU DONE CORRECTLY (that means if you asked to oswald get a job and he gives you the pass, you dont need to do this step, if you dont have the pass, do the next step) Talk to her, and then say you dont have a pass, she will make a copy and will give it to you TOMORROW (example, if your game it’s in 29 march, you must go with her at march 30, if you get late, you have to see her again tomorrow, (this time 31 march) ), So, when you have your pass, go to the base and give it to the guy in the door, when you’re inside, see the console and then go back to verdammter platz, talk to john about not deactivating the missiles, so he will tell you that a old general it’s in Diep Gat, go with the general and talk to him (BEWARE!, if you choose wrong, you will have to restart the game, or load if you SAVED it) Go and talk to the old general, and tell him you need a book for operate a missile console MRM-12-R, You must now choose that you want it for your Collection of Books about missiles, He will deny your trade and wants something more valuable than money, Go back to Verdammter, And talk to John, he will give you a book about war, go with the old guy, and give him the book, he will give you the book then, go and talk to john, and then go to Fort Goks, go to the Base, and go and read the book (Go to caravan, Then go to Cargo, and At the end it will appear a book, click it and choose READ) Then, Go to chapter 3 and there will appear the Commands, use them for operate the missiles, Sadly, I dont know anymore (Because i got arrested by executing protocol41) So, I hope this helps

GOOD NEWS! i’ve found already a way to get missiles disabled and escape without getting caught, first, select an azimuth (example 78.9), then, select range (example: 336.92), put command ’’heat’’, Now, Choose LEAVE (NO!, dont exit from the base from the front doors, You’ll get Arrested, Choose the X in your menu, and then do a travel, that last 2 hours (in game) ), Then, go back to the base (dont worry, you will not get arrested), go to the missile command thing, if the numbers below have a letter R, Use the command LAUNCH, then, press Y, and the missiles will be launched, Go and then execute Protocol41, Press Y again, and let the countdown start, Leave by pressing the X button in your menu of the game, Go to verdammter platz and talk to john, This is the Hardest part, John will tell you that an army needs 5 millions for be set, You now need to get 5 million dollars, when you get them, go and talk with john, tell him you have the money, and he will say that you must wait 72 hours for the army to be assembled, go and do anything you want, when 72 hours passed, get ready for a war, literally, I recommend that you have a big caravan, lot of armed guys, and all alike, GO AND MOVE TO QUBBA, oh oh! wait a second, looks like the army it’s stepping on, Now your caravan must confront the army and you must help the desert patrol army to win, bring it with some army guys, Your enemies have Military armor, And lot of type of weapons, Rockets, and grenades. be ready for that war, ONE desert patrol army must survive, or everything will be over. im in between a battle and had to pause just to tell ya guys a bit more of walkthrough, Good luck!