GemCraft chapter 2: Chasing Shadows has been released on Armor Games and this thread is about strategies.

157 posts

Flag Post

Since this old thread of mine has now become a hardcore strategy discussion thread for Gemcraft: Chasing Shadows, post here to discuss your strategies.

And yes, this old thread was a joke about flappy bird.

Flag Post

One does not simply take a break from Flappy Bird.
-The Entire Internet

Too bad it won’t be on Kongregate, though maybe eventually? 1/5, needs badges.

Flag Post

ArmorGames heavily supports GameInABottle, so they have a 90 day exclusivity agreement (based on Labyrinth). However, it actually works out as a net benefit, because those three months are used for, essentially, public beta testing. Bugs are squashed, game is balanced and rebalanced. It’s not a bad thing, at the very least.

It’ll definitely come to Kongregate, will definitely have API and will hopefully be badged. I pre-bought my 50 kreds months ago, in anticipation, to buy Premium. I’ll be playing it over at ArmorGames too, but I’m very, very excited.

Flag Post

Awesome! I’ll save some kreds for it as well.

Flag Post

And now think about this: If Hungarians wouldn’t be here, we wouldn’t have GameInABottle, wouldn’t be GC and we couldn’t have a break from Flappy Bird. What a sad world that would be. :c

Seriously though, I’m really excited about this. Hoping that it’ll turn out at least as good as the first three. :D

Flag Post

Oh yeh, moar sequal, I was waiting for that!!!

Flag Post

Me and adv0catus agree on something! I’ve replayed it so much I’m Wizard level 768 lol

3/17/14

Flag Post

I thought labyrinth was horrible in terms of getting exp on levels. Since I didn’t have premium I was left to SUMMON and SUMMON and I spent half my time dragging gems over to the wave bar. I hope this time they’ll be more killing and gem bombing and less summoning.

Flag Post

I’ll play it once it is here. I have no interest in the armorgames site.

I bought premium in lab, so there is a chance I will buy it again. I will wait to see if the game sucks or not.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AEBEATIAxSOOKIES:

I thought labyrinth was horrible in terms of getting exp on levels. Since I didn’t have premium I was left to SUMMON and SUMMON and I spent half my time dragging gems over to the wave bar. I hope this time they’ll be more killing and gem bombing and less summoning.

Well, that’s the thing about the AG-exclusive. That period of time is when all the kinks and bugs can be worked out. On the negative side, the pillar bonus was capped and the way summoning works (which I don’t care enough to try to figure out) was changed, thus preventing crazy amounts of experience and wizard level. On the positive side, it brought the game in line with what it should be and fixed an otherwise very broken aspect of the game.

Flag Post

WHERE IS IT???!!!

Flag Post

Are you serious?? I’ve been waiting for this game for months, and then they go and push it back? What will I do with my time now…

Flag Post

Need. it.

Flag Post

Like. a. hole. in. my. head.

Flag Post

Reading tutorial helps… You could have learn about shift+click gembombs…

Flag Post

It’s been delayed by a few more days guys, gays, girls and grebbies.

And to tell the bad news, due to technical entanglements and after syncing the release schedule with Armor Games, the release of the game was pushed back by yet another week, to:
the week of 24th-30th of March, 2014
Ideally (officially):
Tuesday, 25th of March, 2014

Party on peeps.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gremlion:

Reading tutorial helps… You could have learn about shift+click gembombs…

STILL HAVE TO DRAG THEM!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

I’m actually really, really looking forward to it. It’s probably the best tower defense game in the genre.

Flag Post

It better be. I like Gemcraft because of the SIZE and the sheer beauty of MAGICALLY INFUSED RAINBOW GEMS.

Flag Post

No one asked you.

Flag Post

STILL HAVE TO DRAG THEM!

No, you don’t

Flag Post
Originally posted by Takiza:

No one asked you.

I’m pretty sure OP was asking for discussion, which is what I was giving. Dude you’re like a religious extremist. I could totally see you blowing up a bus full of people who played gemcraft and did not like it.

Flag Post

Peter said, LET THERE BE GC2:CS. And then there was GC2:CS.

And Peter said, LET US BETA TEST GC2:CS AT ARMORGAMES.COM, and so it was for 90 days and 90 nights.

And Peter saw that it was good, and Peter said LET US SHARE ALL THAT IS GOOD WITH KONGREGATE. And so it was.

And all the Peoples saw that it was good, and all the peoples loved HIM.
And all the Peoples paid a tribute for premium.
And all was good and at peace.

Flag Post

Dude your info is old.

http://gameinabottle.com/blog/2014/03/gemcraft-has-been-greenlit/

It’s COMING. CAN YOU BOTTLE IT!?

Flag Post

28th/31st, yep. Something tells me that by the time those dates get here we’ll get another update “Sorry! It’s been delayed by another x days/weeks/millennia”. Where have we seen this before…