the creation of epic battle fantasy 5

24 posts

Flag Post

gimme your ideas and i’ll send ’em to kupo707, the creator of the famed epic battle fantasy series!

Flag Post

put another character in ebf5

Flag Post

A direct line to kupo707, eh?

Add more blackjack and hookers.

In fact, forget EBF5 and blackjack. Ahh, screw the whole thing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Natedogg2865:

put another character in ebf5

No.

4 characters is just perfect.

More would feel quite unecesary IMHO not to mention you having 5 characters at once would be pretty overpowered… just 4 already sort of are since you no longeer can gameover from a single turn (Since 1 of them will always be off screen and safe from absolutly anything).

Flag Post

In the expansion there’s an eventual fight with your shadow selves. How about a story line in which they are summoned\revived\created and go on a rampage, causing chaos, or just be a general nuisance. The group is attacked and defeated, their equipment gets stolen( weapons armor, no legs, access codes to the ion cannon), and now have to give chase. The shadow group causes chaos along the way and the regular group is blamed. Each time they enter a new town, they find the people have blocked the entrance to the next area and have to find a way to get the people to trust them making them have to go through an enemy infested area and defeating a boss creature that was causing them trouble. The final boss could be either the shadow group, the one who revived\summoned them or something similar.

Flag Post

please read all.
hello!
my name is Allison, and i am a Brazilian.
the game “Epic Battle Fantasy 4” reached unimaginable proportions in Brazil
but…
I still am expecting the Epic Battle Fantasy 5
i have some ideas for the history:
After saving the earth of the total destruction , the world remained without a god , or was : wars , calamities , hunger , plague.
Then our heroes are invited by a masked man to search , and kill the new god
Then , shortly afterwards they find a unconscious lovely girl , with black hairs , red eyes , an empty expression…
The name of this girl is Maria , more precisely , Project Maria.
She join to the group…
Maria falls in love for Matt , obviously causing jealousies in Anna and in Natalie.
more for front, near of the half of the play, it is discovered that this girl is a god cat ‘present’. it is discovered also, that she is the chosen one for god cat, in order that the new divinity is made; the most innocent, humble, kind-hearted person.
it is clear that our group of heroes still would not kill it simply for an invitation, any more after the friendship acquired between them ; even with ’ a little jealousies ‘, Anna, Natalie and Maria became friends.
for the same motive, Matt and Lance begin to suspect that masked man.
then the group begins to look for that guy , after a time they find it, the man then, point to a pistol for Matt.
he shoots. The screen turn in black, and when it returns ,
Is Maria, fallen … with a right wound in heart.
Matt is wrapped in a red zephyr of fury.
the masked man say’s what it wants if the new god is made, and that to be got, will bring to the group wealth, fame and glory, Matt refuses, Anna, Lance and Natalie also. then it begins the last and the most EPIC BATTLE FANTASY of the play.
after defeating the wretch and his 6 forms
(normal, angel, devil, animal, angel and devil again)
you beated the game. next, the most exciting cutscene:
after defeated, the mask of the man falls. and does it guess? he is one of those crazy they were revering the god cat then the sky shines. god cat appears, before all, he looks at Maria, close his eyes and it gives a sigh. Matt kneels down in the front of ’ almost corpse ’ of Maria, that this one smiling, and at the same time, crying
Maria then, manages, with effort, to bring near a little more than Matt.
It kisses it.
the face of all they are red, when god cat is including, meanwhile, Lance takes away thousands of photos with a malicious smile in the face.
then, Maria, slowly ‘tears away’ from matt, and closes slowly his eyes. Does Lance say ’ why I am crying? I am a soldier!, oh be harmed! I am very emotioned ’
A tear drips of Matt’s face and falls in Maria’s wound.
the wound begins to shine in a yellowed tone, and heals up to closing.
Matt does not even realize, because it is crying.
then, Maria begins to open his eyes, and then it kisses Matt again.
The End
OR NO?

Flag Post
Originally posted by gigadrain:

gimme your ideas and i’ll send ’em to kupo707, the creator of the famed epic battle fantasy series!

I want a 5th character. A close range guy (or girl) who uses lots of short weapons such as daggers, sais, etc. When he uses skills, he will hit the target with the full strength of the skill and then strike again at the same (or different) opponent with the blow doing 1/2 damage. At the same time, we should be able to have the choice of using all 5 characters in one turn of save 1 or 2 as back up. Their could also be 7 or 9 foes in one wave to balance the characters vs. foes.

Flag Post

crate youre own chracter. and no fuc****ing factory i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

and the ability to use 5 chracters in the same time. and fighting pets

Flag Post
Originally posted by yvblz:

and the ability to use 5 chracters in the same time. and fighting pets

I still believe 4 is just fine. NO real need for more….

Flag Post

I agree with Aguspal for several reasons.

Having too many characters may make the party too complete. With only three characters, and one in reserve the party is capable of only three actions, and must make do with those three actions based on the characters strengths and flaws. Adding in more characters may reduce the parties weaknesses, and having some weaknesses keeps the game interesting as you won’t be able to cover every field all the time.

Also having more characters will warrant more enemies. This will make battle longer and become more of a grind as additional waves are needed, or more enemies will need to appear in each wave. Having more characters and more enemies out at the same time will just lead to lag and memory leaks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlyingCat:

I agree with Aguspal for several reasons.

Having too many characters may make the party too complete. With only three characters, and one in reserve the party is capable of only three actions, and must make do with those three actions based on the characters strengths and flaws. Adding in more characters may reduce the parties weaknesses, and having some weaknesses keeps the game interesting as you won’t be able to cover every field all the time.

Also having more characters will warrant more enemies. This will make battle longer and become more of a grind as additional waves are needed, or more enemies will need to appear in each wave. Having more characters and more enemies out at the same time will just lead to lag and memory leaks.

Basically this.

Also, with 4 characters it is no longer possible to get killed in just 1 turn (At most 3 will die in a single attack), the fact 1 of them will ALWAYS live for at least another attack kind of made the game a fair bit easier than EBF3 where you could perfectly get killed in just 1 attack if not carefull.

If the party was 5, then 2 of them would be Invencible… it would be pretty hard to lose with such adventage. Its already a bit overpowered as it is…

Besides the party right now is fine and feels complete, more characters would feel forced, no matter how good they are IMHO.

Flag Post

you should add a back row and front row! back row you deal less damage and take less damage! and in front row you deal more damage but take more damage! and in the middle its nutrel! also add a time bar with the final fantasy concept with when the time bar is full it lets you attack then! and the same for enemys!

Flag Post

Kupo was reluctant to develop ebf4, yet alone 5. I doubt we’ll be seeing it anytime soon, and I doubt he’s interested to hear our opinions on the matter. That said, if you really want to contact him, he’ll read any messages you send him on deviantart. So now you can if you want.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wrathe1:

In the expansion there’s an eventual fight with your shadow selves. How about a story line in which they are summoned\revived\created and go on a rampage, causing chaos, or just be a general nuisance. The group is attacked and defeated, their equipment gets stolen( weapons armor, no legs, access codes to the ion cannon), and now have to give chase. The shadow group causes chaos along the way and the regular group is blamed. Each time they enter a new town, they find the people have blocked the entrance to the next area and have to find a way to get the people to trust them making them have to go through an enemy infested area and defeating a boss creature that was causing them trouble. The final boss could be either the shadow group, the one who revived\summoned them or something similar.

I like this idea! I can see the final boss fight now:
Wave 1 – Dark Anna and her evil nature-based enemy minions
Wave 2 – Breather
Wave 3 – Dark Natalie and her new dragon minions (her crystal minions in the EBF4 fight were too easy to deal with. Just syphon them)
Wave 4 – Breather
Wave 5 – Dark Lance and his Defender minions (now also summoning turrets and not limited to Limit Break time to re-summon them, and can also use the Praetorian summon ability from EBF4)
Wave 6 – Breather
Wave 7 – Dark Matt and his Monolith minions (now able to summon Ancient Monoliths on top of Viking, Sky, and Undying ones, is not limited to Limit Breaks to re-summon them, and can also use the Cosmic Monolith summon ability from EBF4)
Wave 8 – Breather
Wave 9 – ALL 4 AT ONCE!

Basically it follows the formula of EBF4’s final boss fight but takes it several steps further. As for the guy who revived/summoned the dark players, he could be a “True Final Boss” in a secret area only accessible by achieving all of the in-game medals (like the room Death was guarding in EBF3).

Flag Post

Kill Natalie off and give green haired girl a makeover.

Flag Post

It would be great if kupo make the character more detail like an anime and ouh yeah how about if you can have a pet?i mean feed them and they can evolved…hmmm it sounds more like a pokemon…

Flag Post

4 characters = enough

No ideas currently… it makes me sad.

Flag Post

Hello
I think that are needed 3 other one characters.
3 reserve and normal 3.
A quite new fantastic history(story), with a lot of action(share).
I think that are needed novelties, for example a lot pluse of skill(competence) and pluse of equipement as shoes! With 3 other one swipe for every.

Flag Post

New character should be a robot with deadly lasorz, cuz I said so and my avatar.

Flag Post

I don’t even think Kupo will use a good part of these ideas.

Originally posted by yvblz (undefined):

crate youre own chracter. and no fuc****ing factory i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP English.

Flag Post

How about EFB5 Return of Akron?? And add elemental dragons!! that would be cool. And each stage has a boss, each stage has each element right?
the boss is a god cat. but not just any god cat, it is elemental. Example: 1st stage the element was fire so the boss is God Cat (fire) or God of fire (but still a cat. i love cats!! i had crush on no legs xD) and the last boss is akron, and he’s stats are upgraded (somehow like he evolved) and his companions is an angel dog and devil dog. (Like the boss from Ebf4 but a dog) (Dogs in bosses?? that is incredible!)

Flag Post
Originally posted by KristianS20:

How about EFB5 Return of Akron?? And add elemental dragons!! that would be cool. And each stage has a boss, each stage has each element right?
the boss is a god cat. but not just any god cat, it is elemental. Example: 1st stage the element was fire so the boss is God Cat (fire) or God of fire (but still a cat. i love cats!! i had crush on no legs xD) and the last boss is akron, and he’s stats are upgraded (somehow like he evolved) and his companions is an angel dog and devil dog. (Like the boss from Ebf4 but a dog) (Dogs in bosses?? that is incredible!)

Hello Kristian I respect your idea but I find it stupid. Akron died anyway in the words of God EPBF4 Chat ‘was my gift to Akron humaus’’ so it will con him back. But cons I like your idea that each new ‘’ country ’’ there are bosses différants elements.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MBHD:
Originally posted by KristianS20:

Hello Kristian I respect your idea but I find it stupid. Akron died anyway in the words of God EPBF4 Chat ‘was my gift to Akron humaus’’ so it will con him back. But cons I like your idea that each new ‘’ country ’’ there are bosses différants elements.

I think that are needed 3 other one characters.
3 reserve and normal 3.
A quite new fantastic history(story), with a lot of action(share).
I think that are needed novelties, for example a lot pluse of skill(competence) and pluse of equipement as shoes! With 3 other one swipe for every.