Dark Souls 2 Combat

3 posts

Flag Post

Is it just me or does the combat in Dark Souls 2 feel much more clumsy and awkward that it did in Dark Souls 1? It’s really been bugging me because it feels…. well if I had to describe it Dark Souls 2 just doesn’t feel as Sharp and responsive.

Flag Post

I have heard a very limited amount of complaints regarding the game. I think the reason you wont hear more complaints about it is because too many people are worried about being considered unskilled gamers if they do. I’ve personally never played the game or any of the other incredibly brutal games that are related to it (dark souls 1 and demon souls I think), so as far as I know the game’s combat could feel flawless to me. I think it’s really interesting to hear an actual complaint about the game, because like I said too many people are worried that if they complain they wont be considered a “hardcore gamer” anymore.

Flag Post

It doesn’t feel too much different to me. A bit more fluid if anything, the critical attacks seem to flow much more smoothly. The combat does seem a little slower, requiring a little bit more though, rather than just fishing for backstabs. The guard break and jump attack seem a tad harder to pull off, which I don’t mind too much. It could seem this way because parrying seems a bit more difficult, and it takes some time to raise your shield, rather than it being instant.

I honestly love the changes. It’s made PvP a lot more interesting. A nice change up from circling each other until someone can land a backstab.