Any turn based strategy games?

35 posts

Flag Post

Hello everyone. I was wondering if any of you know of any turn based strategy games built in Flash? I’ve been able to find a couple (tactics core demo and world domination) but neither is what I’m looking for. I’m looking for something along the lines of might and magic, advance wars, things like that. It seems like Flash is more then capable of doing something like this but I can’t find any. It could be because it’s a pretty niche genre, I dunno. I would love to make one and have entertained the idea many times but I don’t know how to program in Flash.

Flag Post

Unfortunately I don’t think there are any of those kinds of games in Flash. It would be interesting to get some of that change of pace here though. I happened to be watching someone play Civilization just yesterday and was struck by the vastly different approach that those strategy games take compared to the fast and cheap games here. I’m not sure how well they would do, but yeah, it would be cool. There is still a special place in my heart for turn-based strategy games. :)

Flag Post

Dice Wars
This is a turn based strategy game, it’s a bit different to Advance Wars etc., but it’s pretty cool for a few rounds.

Flag Post

I had a game concept that was turn based. Unfortunately, I’m still in the process of building the engine… along with never ending assignments. Urgh.

So wait a year and we’ll see :) I definitely have to make a game and put it here dammit…- sad panda -

Flag Post

I thing we can make the turn based strategy game together. I wish the game seem game Fire Emblem.
Who can you help me?

Flag Post

Well Wesnoth isn’t flash-based, but it’s a pretty awesome free turn-based strategy with rpg elements, similar to fire emblem.

Flag Post

Ah yeah would love some aswell, Civilization was an old favorite awhile back =)

Flag Post

I would love something like Wesnoth in flash. That way I could play it at home, play it at work (on my lunch break of course .. really). I think flash would be capable of something like this as far as programming goes. I don’t know enough about flash to know what the limits are like as far as graphics go and how much access you have to end users computers as far as being able to save games, so on and so on.

Flag Post

Well for you civ lovers .. http://www.voximperium.com/ . It’s not flash but it’s still pretty sweet. Multiplayer Civ type game done in Ajax. I haven’t had a lot of time to play it but it looks good from what I’ve seen.

Flag Post

A PS2 game: Disgaea.

Flag Post

I remember one… but the site that hosted it was over-run by those random search engine sites…. space wars or sumtin….

P.S. the site was www.randomthoughts.com
had a bunch of random flash games.
its loss feels like the library of Alexandria….

Flag Post

you can play advanced wars online, versus other players don’t know the site anymore :/

Flag Post

the site to play advanced war online is http://awbw.amarriner.com/

Flag Post

is advance war online free?

Flag Post

Tactics 100

Is that closer to what you’re looking for?

Flag Post

umm hey i know of a game it is turn based and i think it is flash i dont know the name of the site but you can find it by googleing the planeteers game it is easy to play and a fun turn based game.

Flag Post

The advance wars online is pure shit.
Its understandable, but bah, just no.

Theres the AW-clone flash on here that had the halowars challenge a while back though…

Flag Post

What about (COPY THIS)—) Ikariam

its a very good game try it!

Flag Post

or Ikariam.org

Flag Post

So, ignoring Flash and stuff, if you like turn based strategy, you should go for the big three of ’99: Disciples 2, HoMM3, and King of Dragon Pass.

Flag Post

ultimate tactics. right on this site.

Flag Post

Oh, dear. Someone else who has heard of King of Dragon Pass? I’m shocked!

Battle for Wesnoth is the most detailed TBS available on the web right now. It’s not technically flash (the entire game was written in its own specialized programming language), but it is a very good choice.

Flag Post

Or you can do http://www.kingsage.org/

Friendly community and very easy to handle and its free but if you want a premium account you need to pay but its a good game and if you don’t believe me your as just sick as this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvaSaeFMCy8&feature=related

Flag Post

i know afew first is mardek series made by pseudolonewolf at fighunter.com the “sonny” saga at armorgames.com and epicquest not sure about the website these three games (five if u count both sonny games as 2 and mardek games as 2) hoped i helped but if ur looking for a mmorpg thats turnabase theres artix entertainment with is a company not the game and that all i know about mmorpg thats turnbased

Flag Post

There’s a new, very good one here on Kongregate. It’s called Ultimate War and I’m sure you will like it. :]