Saddest Game Ending page 11

271 posts

Flag Post

Minecraft’s ending. No such game deserves an ending. Especially this one.

Flag Post

Personally, I think the saddest ending is in Professor Layton and the Unwound/ Lost Future. Play the game to find out what happened.

Flag Post

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days was definitely the saddest game I have ever played. You’re playing as a dude with no emotions, but then for like half the game he’s depressed. (I kind of know the answer to this because I’m a total KH fan, but sshhh, that’s no the point now!) How does a guy with no emotions get all depressed and stuff? I don’t know. Anyway, SPOILERS All his friends go away and then he can’t even remember them, he only remembers that they were his friends and they had fun. Then he forgets even that. Sad? Yes. Saddest game ever? Maybe not. Of course, this thread is for the saddest ENDING ever, and the ENDING wasn’t too sad, but right BEFORE the ending a whole lot of people around the world cried. Does that count?

Flag Post

Madden 11….
No in all seriousness, I believe one of The Ace Combat games had a sad ending. I want to say it was Shattered Skys, been a while, but some aircraft game did.

Flag Post

The saddest ending I’ve encountered so far is the end of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I won’t try to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t played it yet, but it ends off with a sense of betrayal for your own government, the fact that no matter what you do, someone will always be one step ahead of you, and that the only two people you loved are dead or have betrayed your trust.

Before Snake Eater, it was the end of Sly 3. I was so sad when it had looked like sly was going to be gone forever, that’s changed now that sly 4 is coming out in the future. Yah!!!!

Flag Post

Final Fantasy X. The ending was the most sad I have ever experienced in gaming and the only one that made me teary eyed. hahaha. But yeah, it was just so sad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:

And Carados, not everyone plays old games =P

Guess what? Every game on that list is better then CoD:WaW and GTA:SA, and most of them are better then Fallout 3. Broaden your horizons.

I like a lot of old games, but san andreas was pretty good. and most of your games on there weren’t that old.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FireFuseGamer:

Minecraft’s ending. No such game deserves an ending. Especially this one.

Has anyone actually beaten the End Dragon yet? Like, without cheating?

Flag Post

well if i had to choose a sad ending it would have to be shellshock 2

Flag Post

sorry meant bioshock 2

Flag Post

THe end of MW 3 becuz all the characters you came to know and love from the modern warfare series died

Flag Post

has nobody brought up the nimian flyer series?
nimian flyer 1: ok, so this has no storyline whatsoever…
nimian legends: ok, so it’s technically a happy ending, but it’s still a downer when you actually reach it. Especially if you think you’re actually the same guy as in nimian flyer 2…
nimian flyer 2: It is an insanely difficult game. i recommend a slow computer… and when you win, you become the next big bad. YIKES.

Nimian hunter has 2 endings…the “good” ending is…you get turned into a statue. The bad ending is…you die and the demon goes ahead and destroys the life he’d restored to the world.

if those don’t qualify as depressing endings, I don’t know what does.

Flag Post

“instead we’re getting bastardized versions of what were once classic games. a perpetual easy mode filled with quicktime events and mini-games.”

a-fucking-men. adn then they complain when we piratize their games… puh.

Flag Post

“For the both of us
You’re gonna life
You’ll be my living legacy”

If you cried during FF7 do yourself a favor and don’t play crisis core. It’s not only the ending. Half of the game wants to make sure you will never smile again.

Flag Post

this is a very difficult question.

ill say kingdom hearts 1. when simple and clean started playing when sora and kairi get split up, ill admit, i cried a bit. then the part when she goes into the cave and sees the chalk drawing sora made, that also made me cry.

never has an ending made me so anxious to get the sequel asap.

Flag Post

Does the trailer for Dead Island count, when played in reverse order?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwtr_-4vz6g

(I know it doesn’t count, but this video really captures some strong emotions… It’s probably mostly the song)

Flag Post

For now, it would be FF7 Crisis Core =’(

Flag Post

RollerCoaster Tycoon. When you finally beat all the scenarios it is truly heartbreaking.

Flag Post

some of my top choices hae been mentioned: half life 2 (ep2), Conker’s bad fur day, so i’ll nominate an obscure one:
Freedom Force. one of the heros gets trapped at the end of time (something like that) undoing the work of the final villian, Timemaster.

Flag Post

1.Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Explorers Of Sky

2.Professor Layton And The Unwound Future

3.Pokemon Mystery Dungeon:Explorers Of Time/Darkness
Same As Sky,But No Extra Features And Missed Out 2 Sad Scenes.

Flag Post

PMD2.
Enough said.
EDIT:
or sould I say-
puts on glasses
enough SAD.
YEAAAAAAAAAH!