Hexcelle Combos! (Screenshots)

714 posts

Flag Post

Hopefully I’m not a complete moron and this thread works out. In the game comments there are a countless number of posts about good combos and whatnot, but I find it hard to build what they’re describing correctly. I also think that screenshots would help us further than a simple text comment.

Be sure to tell us some of your celles awesome abilities as well :]
So, I’ll start just as an example.

Note: I know it’s at the starting screen and I’m not bragging about the awesome combo it makes.

Seeking missles! :O

Flag Post

I’ve been putting one together for a few minutes now, note the separation of most of the missile hexes. This is to force multiple missiles. I used grow hexes at the beginning and was getting ~8 spawns per evolution because of it. As I was also receiving a lot of mutations, I was able to change the existing grow hexes to functional cells and spawn new grow hexes with my spawn points. I can plow through just about anything at the moment. If I stay back and drop mines, the place turns into a storm and i’m untouchable. Note that i’ve only evolved 12 times. With 78 hexes currently, that’s an average of 6.5 spawns per evolution. Grow hexes are VERY valuable, especially early in the game.

The speed hex, missile hex, mine hex, combos create mines that shoot missiles. It’s a good thing. /martha

The tech batch next to the armor batch creates regenerating armor.

Edit: Here’s a video of a 100 Hex pileup glitch. w00t.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5k8mRY9tc&ap=%2526fmt%3D18

Here is the celle in total, the shape was an accident.

Here is the result of a single shot.

Here is the result of a single placement of mines.

And here are the gameplay stats.

I’ll post an image of the celle abilities next time I evolve.

EDIT:

Here is the abilities page. You can see my latest build after a single evolution since the images above. I was given 10 spawns and 7 mutations. I moved some greens to the right side along with a few new mine hexes and created more missile/speed/mine combos at the bottom.

Flag Post

That looks awesome! :]

Flag Post

I’ve been thinking about putting together a guide for this as the instructions are pretty weak and a lot of members are having a really hard time figuring out what to do. It’s causing them to rate the game lower than it deserves, too bad really.

Flag Post

Agreed. I’m having an incredible amount of fun just experimenting with all the combos :]

Flag Post

Try a red core with 3 reds spread out around it, and 3 techs in the empty spots. It is nice. :P

Flag Post

Ok, so basically, speed placed around weapons increases the reload speed. Purples increase homing precision, and speed of the shot after fired. Greens increase how fast it grows.

Flag Post

It looks like Scientia has uncovered just about every ability that currently exists. When I get a chance, I’ll try to compile a list of the abilities and the combos to acquire them.

Kesse, happy to hear you’re enjoying the experimentation. I was hoping that would be the case for this game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Archigeek:

It looks like Scientia has uncovered just about every ability that currently exists. When I get a chance, I’ll try to compile a list of the abilities and the combos to acquire them.

Kesse, happy to hear you’re enjoying the experimentation. I was hoping that would be the case for this game.

Haha, thanks. It really is a lot of fun. I’ve got my very own super celle almost complete. Will post a screeny when done. Even though I’ve got just about every skill I am still enjoying the game a lot. I’m having more fun with this than Bubble Tanks :O

Thanks for the great game Archigeek, it’s too bad people aren’t seeming to understand how great this gem is :]

Flag Post

The only downside to this kind of system is that if you make a mistake you’re shunted backwards really really far. I had a fair monster of a cell (nothing like shown here, though, just some 13 or so hexes) and manged to collide with a 5 hex cell and die. Know what I’d done just previous? Beat the shit out of a 31 cell boss (killed its core) shaped like an S (I think it was called Missle Snake or something like that).

Flag Post

thanks for the game!

Flag Post

Here’s the current Celle. I’ve reached a point of near invincibility. I’ve posted a video to youtube of me running through a few zones with the previous Celle leading up to the evolution resulting in the Celle in the photos below. Notice the 12 hex spawn on that evolution. Grow hexes are great.

Youtube Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vITaQRpgZEI

Images

Here is the main view…

Here are the stats…

A single click to shoot missiles.

A single mine drop, they all fire their own missiles. w00t.

Flag Post

It wasn’t complete yet, but it was rather powerful. I finished it and then restarted again to test other ones. That one could take many direct hits and have no lasting damage to it.

Flag Post

How many spawns are you getter per evolution with that many grows?

Flag Post

I’ve made a lot of designs so far (having completed the game) and these are the best, ive got one thats 20 hexes, one i won the game with, and another one thats just really nice ^^
i hope i get the picture uploads right, first post here, anyway the first one is the cel i won the game with (the one on the right, the one on the left is boss 9 i think

the second one is the 20 max hex cel (19 hexes) , it has a fast firing homing missile ( machinegun sort of)

third is max armor regen ship with a single fast firing extremely homing ( turns straight around of it misses and does that a few times until it almost always hits) and it also has growth

this is what the missiles look like if they miss 2 or 3 times

Flag Post

I was thinking of doing something like that. My current build is huge and repetitive to play ~150 hexes.

PS: To post images here, just stick an exclamation point on the beginning and end of the direct link.
edit: Oh, you got it. I use MSPaint to crop the images but shwatever.

Oh and to Archigeek, multiple save files would be a wonderful addition. It sucks to lose your progress if you want to try a new build.

Flag Post

jup didnt work with the link i got from my browser but i took some forum link that was mentioned below the image on imageshack and editted that a bit, it sheems to work now and jup i used paint for that too

oh for that 20 celle, i think the speed hexes on the outside are armored too because they have the same border as the armor ones in the editor, im not sure though, they only get it after an armor hex is placed next to them

edit
ive made another 19 hex celle, it has the firepower of the big triangle but no armor, its very fast and it can destroy ennemies in no time with a fast growing homing machinegun

Flag Post

Strange, everytime I go up against the three armed boss, it becomes destroyed down to two yellow hexes and is invulnerable. Hmm.

Flag Post

OK, I don’t understand Grow hexes at all. Every time I’ve played going almost exclusively for growth I never get more than 2 spawns and 1 mutation. I’ve had as many as 8 grow hexes! Connected to various things, such as tech, speed, and missiles.

What do the batches mean? How do I influence them?

Flag Post

It seems as though batches are automatically generated by adjacent hexes of the same type. One batch can have an influence on all surrounding hexes. If you have grow hexes, they should increase the number of spawns and mutations available. If that’s not happening for you, try placing your grow hexes together.

Flag Post

My grow hexes were together, and batches are not similar types of hexes, I’ve had a green-green-purple triangle “batch” at the same time 6 adjacent green hexes in a line didn’t have one.

Flag Post

Here, example of what kind of painful growth I’m seeing

Flag Post

Purple hexes seem to be special and can batch with other colors. I wish I knew the rules for hwo batches form. Those rules really should be part of the instructions for the game. Also, I wish I knew how green hexes affected the growth of the celle.

Also, I would be very pleased if someone explained how to build a celle that can survive long enough to become a huge cell with a thick layer of armor.

Flag Post

growth affects the amount of mutations and new hexes at each evolution, more growth = more of those, altough saving before evolution is recommended because lots of growth might result in something like 10 extra 10 mutate, but also 1 extra and 19 mutate and so on, loading and trying again until you get something that suits you helps.

Speed always affects mobility even if they combine with other stuff.

Placing armor next to other type’s gets those other ones a thick white line around them so they might get some sort of armor too i’m not sure about this.

here’s a list of abilities and how to get them, these are minimum requirements tested with an armor core cell assuming that that one only adds shell / armor abilities.
missile: 1 missile
seeking missile : 1 missile + 2 tech, more tech is better seeking
missile burn in: 1 missile + 1 tech
growing missile: 1 missile + 2 growth
faster missile growth: 1 missile + 2 growth + 1 speed
increased missile firing rate: 1 missile + 1 speed, more speed adds more firing speed
faster missiles: 1 missile + 1 tech + 1 speed

bombs: 1 bomb
multi bombs: 3 bombs in a straight line
shelled bomb: 1 bomb + 1 armor
proximity bombs: 1 bomb + 1 tech
growing bombs: 1 bomb + 1 grow
faster bomb growth: 1 bomb + 1 grow + 1 speed
bomb shots: 1 bomb + 1 missile
bomb shot burn in: 1 bomb+ 1 missile + 1 speed
seeking bomb shots: 1 bomb + 1 missile + 1 tech

thrusters: 1 speed
optimised thrusters: straight line of 3 speed
anti thrusters: 1 speed + 1 tech

armor: 1 armor
armor regeneration: 1 armor + 1 tech
faster armor regeneration: 1 armor + 1 tech + 1 speed
maximized armor regeneration: 1 armor + 1 tech (might need more tech depending on amount of armor / might need to be in the same batch)

tell me if i missed anything so i can add it here.

Flag Post

my latest design (and the last one ill post a screenie of)
it has 3 fast firing homing growing machineguns
7 normal firing missiles with a little homing
6 growing, seeking, burn in, shelled bombs
it has a lot of speed (so much that a tight turn might collapse it into itself xD)
and also maxmised armor, one drawback though i had to click very closely next to the menu buttons because it hardly fits in the editor.