Star Wars VS Halo with would win? page 3

1586 posts

Flag Post

Originally posted by deadsweet:

How is regeneration relevant when you’re already dead? I thought so.
it keeps u from getting killed.

That’s not what I’m asking. Regeneration has absolutely no purpose if there’s no life to regenerate. You don’t see lizards sprouting from lizard tails that have been chopped off, but you do see lizards with chopped off tails sprouting new tails.
Regeneration “can’t keep u from getting killed” when you’re already dead. So if you’re, say, mowed down by X-Wing fire or beheaded by a lightsaber, you’re not going to regenerate at all, since there is no life present in what needs to regenerate.

When you can’t even remember what you’re rooting for, I’m not sure it kicks as much ass as you want to make me believe.
u alrdy know what im talking about besides did they even give a freaking name 2 it?

No, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not a big Halo nut; I have never even owned an XBox or a 360. The only time I’ve touched any Halo was playing multiplayer with my friends, and that’s when knowing where the rocket launcher, the shotgun and the sword were much more important than, “So… where does whatever-this-place-is-called or what’s-this-vehicle fit in the storyline?”

Flag Post

it might just be halo 1 not halo 2.

about the regeneration.
to be more clear, the power in the armour that pretty muchs heals u if take light damage like a few laser shots. getting blown up wont save you but with the fast health regeneration would give halo a decent advantage.

if u dont even have the game then i would think u never beat the WHOLE game. So how could u make big points not even owning it the game. surely we c u pretty much know everything but u dont know EVERYTHING.

Flag Post

HALO. no exeptions. um, the needler is um, beasty and jedi have blades of compressed light. and the rest have pathetic blasters. HALO WINS

Flag Post

it might just be halo 1 not halo 2.

about the regeneration.
to be more clear, the power in the armour that pretty muchs heals u if take light damage like a few laser shots. getting blown up wont save you but with the fast health regeneration would give halo a decent advantage.

That’s not what I was pointing out. I claimed that regeneration is pointless if there’s no life to regenerate, which is what happens when a lightsaber or a flurry of aerial fire meets armor. There’s no function on a lightsaber that kills anything halfway, and fighter blasters pretty much vaporize on contact, if not suffocate the person due to the impact screwing with the body. “Light damage” pretty much comes from grazing the body or missing vitals, and that doesn’t happen all too often in massive Star Wars fight sequences (so we’re not talking getting your hands cut off like in the 1v1 conflict), if at all.
I will say it again: regeneration provides no advantage if what hits you kills you.

if u dont even have the game then i would think u never beat the WHOLE game. So how could u make big points not even owning it the game.

I pointed out not owning the game to prove that your assertion that Halo’s “spider thing” kicks ass means nothing if there’s no description.
For example, I can say that Roberta’s weapons in Black Lagoon kick ass (I think they do).
So… I’ll describe them to you. Roberta wields a single-longbarrel, one-handed shotgun disguised as an umbrella (complete with Kevlar canopy) in one hand; and a suitcase disguising an auto-firing tommy gun on one end and an anti-tank gun on the other. Now you can gauge for yourself whether or not the weapons kick ass, but given the circumstances of the series (set in a relatively modern-day South Asia), they help exhibit her as an almost-merciless destroyer, and she mows down part of an armed cartel with ease, so I believe that this is proof enough that they do kick ass to a certain degree.
But back to the point. If I just said the first sentence without a description, all you’d know someone named Roberta in something called Black Lagoon uses weapons that apparently kick ass. That is what you did. You just said, “Halo’s spider thing kicks ass,” and just assumed everyone reading it would know what you’re talking about. The only thing that comes to my head with what you said is the Spider Tank from Battalion, which isn’t an impressive specimen in the first place. For all I know, this spider thing of yours could have the sole function of kicking donkeys certain distances, and that would fit your description accurately.
You can’t say, “this provides a great advantage” or “this thing rocks so much” and then leave us to our wits. This isn’t elementary logic or universally known information that you’re delivering. This is something exclusive to some people, and to think that everyone knows a piece of restricted information is just stupid.

Originally posted by eatmydust3:

HALO. no exeptions. um, the needler is um, beasty and jedi have blades of compressed light. and the rest have pathetic blasters. HALO WINS

Because it’s pretty obvious that a conflict between the two is going to only take place between ground forces.
Not to mention that, when you run out of decent weapons (like you’re assuming with Star Wars), Halo weapons are pretty pathetic. Yeah, SMG bullets are really going to pierce Imperial armor. At least blasters, by common standards, have the capacity to do real damage.

Flag Post

Halo is more then just the humans, there is the hunters and zelots to think aobut. Star wars (older movies would be the most relevent to the question) have only 1 jedi. So luke and his millita of cuddle teddle bears and farmers with guns vr. hunters, scarabs, orbital mac guns, scorpions, and a well trined battle harden military.

And the new movies (1-5) are irelevent as we are going off what is left after there own battles.

Flag Post

The Galactic Empire vs the Covenant and what ever the marines were called.Who would win?
Empire has superior weapons and Darth vader.
Covenant has random aliens.
Marine dudes have spartans.
E,pire wins.

Flag Post

jedi vs masterchief: chief would have an armour advantage so if they were hit,once he would not likely die. if the jedi was hit he would die due to so light armour (just a little robe)
aliens could savatage anything with thier cloack and not get caught.
would a puny tank match a alien cruise ship i dont think so.
the majority of star wars are humans. So a gaint brute would overpower loads of humans even with lightsabers due to thier high amounts of health and regeneration.
the deathstar kicks ass but so does the halo rings i would say evenly matched.
alien hand held weapons are better than star wars because

(1) they have plasma rifles what do star wars have………. laser guns
(2)they have strong explosive needlers i can imagine a jedi getting pwned by it.
(3)they have plasma grenades they rape do star wars HAVE ANY GRENADES!

i think halo would win

Jedi vs Master chief?Jedi,of course,master chief can´t hit him whit bullets.
Jedis would sense aliens.
Tank can´t win a space ship.But can Imperial star destroyer win a alien space ship?
Yes, star wars blasters use lasers,but how is Plasma>laser?
Again,an alien whit a needler CAN NOT hit a jedi.
Star wars armies have thermal detonators,what are grenades.And they also have wrist rockets,do halo dudes have them?

Flag Post

first if all lets not forget jedis are humans-halo-is alien and humans
from what i know jedis have no body or endurance drugs, (plain human) If chief hit Luke skywalker with an ak47 he would die just like an american soldier.
why cant bullets hit a freaking jedi they are much faster than lasers, no way he could deflect all of them.

imperal star destroyer vs aliens space ship ownage.
imperal star destroyer vs space ship on earth. the star ships move way faster in earth atmosphere it would be far more faster. imperal destroyer, was it ment to deal with the gravity of earth, or was only ment to fly in 0 gravity (space). so the imperal would be very slow while the star ship goes around flying freely and decimating imperal. yes laser guns DO damage to imperal armour, why because lasers do.

Why cant a fast needly gun hit a jedi?
halo has 2handed plasma guns (like the one on wraiths) that are very strong compared to a wrist rocket launcher. wrist launchers would be so light that it wont do a big explosion.

Flag Post
why cant bullets hit a freaking jedi they are much faster than lasers, no way he could deflect all of them.

You’re missing the part where guns have never hit a Jedi in any Starwars movie. And where they have the Force and can just create a forcefield around themselves. </nerd>

Flag Post

(http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_array)
Halo Array = all sentient life dead, while the Spartans & UNSC remain the shield-worlds (assuming battle hasn’t already begun over them)
(http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Worlds)
Once that’s over with, glass all the planets, or simply use the EMPs effects from entry into Slipspace (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Mombasa) to wipe out the droids
GG

Flag Post

You’re missing the part where guns have never hit a Jedi in any Starwars movie. And where they have the Force and can just create a forcefields around themselves. </nerd>
you are forgetting that its halo AND STAR WARS!!!! i dont remember bullets in star wars

Flag Post

From a logical standpoint (And nothing to do with coolness and ass kicking looks), the creatures of the Star Wars realm has the upper edge over those in the Haloverse. A lightsabre will be deadly in the right hands. Force powers will threaten the Marines/Covenant even more, since its telekinetic powers can crush them against, well, anything.

Flag Post

from what i know jedis have no body or endurance drugs, (plain human) If chief hit Luke skywalker with an ak47 he would die just like an american soldier.

If you think the only Jedi that existed were humans, then you really don’t know as much as you think about Star Wars.

… Are you serious? Are you saying matter can essentially travel faster than the speed of light? That’s a rather thick-headed comment, if you ask me.
There’s a subtle reason why they use laser blasters over guns with standardized ammunition in the Star Wars galaxy: if it uses ammo, it’s not going to be effective enough, and it’s going to be way too slow if you fire it at an adept Jedi/Sith.

Flag Post

What the bloody Hell, since when did Master Chief use an AK-47?

Flag Post

This post is just too funny not to reply to… so here goes:

When it comes to pure opinions, I think younger persons (thos that did not grew up during classic star wars) which started gaming on xbox etc will claim Halo wins because “Master Chief Pwns” or something similar (like “needlers own” etc etc)

I think such opinions are pretty worthless as actual arguments, you can’t just rip out individual characters/weapons and declare which realm would ‘win’. I’m sure a 1 on 1 fight between e.g. Boba Fett and Master Chief would provide top-notch entertainment value, but match up Master Chief against Vader and you’ll end up with a real boring fight (that is, Vader force-choking Master Chief).

I actually like both universes (read the Halo books, grew up crying as a little boy because they shot r2-d2) but overall, I do think a hypothetic ‘war’ between the star wars universe and the halo universe would be won by star wars.

To get to this conclusion, let’s look at the broader picture:
- ‘unknown’ factors/civillizations referred to in both star wars and halo have to be disregarded for the outcome of the war. A race like the Forerunners from Halo cannot be said to get involved in the war since not enough is known of them / they no longer exist / are extinct. Similar reasoning goes for all kinds of ancient civilizations of the star wars universe: too little is known of them, so any conclusions based on such wildcards contributing to the war are irrelevant.
The same goes for any technology left by those races: Both warring factions (Halo and Star wars) could benefit from such technology, depending on who is able to secure it / figure it out.

- Next, we have to compare technological states and economic / military power of those factions most likely to do the fighting. Technologically, i’d have to say Star wars seems superior.
Why? The human race from Halo seems to be based on a technoly level inferior to that of star wars. At best, covenant technology approaches the level seen in star wars, but then again the covenant primarily imitate forerunner tech (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/The_Covenant : “Covenant technology is repeatedly referred to as more imitation rather than innovation, unlike their human enemies.”)
examples of superior star wars tech:
- Weapons : any weapons found in Halo have their equal And superior in Star Wars, remember Jedi’s have the Force, Jedi’s choose to use light sabers, Jedi’s could use explosives and big-ass machine guns/repeater blasters if they would prefer going back to the primitive…
- Space tech: ok, at best, lets call this a draw, I’m sure both factions can shoot the crap out of each other in space
- Biotech: The holy grail of Halo are Spartans like Master Chief, but face it, Spartans aren’t that advanced. The whole spartan project was sort of ‘the best the earth could come up with’. Star Wars has clones, advanced biotech, and i’m sure they could come up with something similar to spartans. If you ask me, you can already approximate a Spartan in the star wars universe by squeezing a Wookie in Storm Trooper armor (if you can manage that without the wookie ripping your head off).

And ofcourse, the Force. Even if you would consider the technological, economical and military might of both universes to be equal, No species in Halo has learned to use the force. Again, Darth vader will force-choke the living daylights out of Master Chief.

Flag Post

you people have no life

Flag Post

Defanently star wars.The mandalorien barskamon armor is at lest x10 more powerful than the sparten 2`s mak lv armor.

Flag Post

Bah, I believe that it would be a tie.

Flag Post

halo would win because it has way more powerful weapons than starwars they dont have shields and they dont have sentnal beams that could kill them in 4 seconds

Flag Post

If you were to come into this conversation with no previous knowledge of either series, and base your opinion purely on the arguments given here, Star Wars would win outright. The people rooting for Halo have really just repeatedly said “this weapon owns” or “this character owns” without giving any proof, and don’t really seem to know much about the series they’re arguing against. Kudos to the Star Wars fans that actually gave real arguments.

Flag Post

i hate starwars

Flag Post

They both win in their respective fields: modern and classic, game and movie(but of course every great movie has a corresponding game, and some great games have movies, too), etc.

From my perspective, Halo is more realistic than Star Wars, but just because it’s based more upon reality doesn’t mean it’s better. Star Wars was the classic sort of sci-fi, with blasters and the usual aliens, while Halo is more military-oriented, and still carries many traditions of today.

Guys, we’re not talking about an all-out war between the Jedi and the UNSC, we’re talking about which is the better one. Still, it’s all opinion-based.

Originally posted by Amishman:

If you were to come into this conversation with no previous knowledge of either series, and base your opinion purely on the arguments given here, Star Wars would win outright. The people rooting for Halo have really just repeatedly said “this weapon owns” or “this character owns” without giving any proof, and don’t really seem to know much about the series they’re arguing against. Kudos to the Star Wars fans that actually gave real arguments.

The reason for this is that movies(or TV shows, I’m no Star Wars fan) are more to be observed, while games are meant to be played. You aren’t supposed to research about the MA5C such as the manufacturer, caliber, etc. You(well, usually) just play. As for the other one, you’d try to find out every other fact just in case you missed them, and you always get some interesting trivia on the way.

Since films are linear, you could only know that a lightsaber could cut through anything by seeing it. The same goes for games, but problem is, games could have a rather ambiguous(gameplay, not plot) flow. For example, we wouldn’t know a Spartan was using a Galilean’s scope, since it wirelessly transmits what it receives to the user’s Heads-up Display. Or a better example, the Energy Sword’s lunge is stronger than it’s normal melee.

Ironically, you’d know a lot of science when you do years of research about Halo. Dunno with the other.

Except for some(alright, a few. Alright alright, several) inaccuracies, so don’t play Halo all day to pass your physics exam, kids!

And to end this ridiculously long post which is made ridiculously long by line breaks, I say this: Energy Sword=Lightsaber

Flag Post

I would say that Halo would win because of course,Master Cheif and Sgt.Johnson!And if the Covanant was helping,they would kick some butt with the hunters.And Brutes,well that would be AWSOME.

Flag Post

Okay, after scrolling through the kongregate forums and this thread, I just have to go ahead and go out of my to tell you all a couple of things.

1.‘big scary spidur tings kicks butttz!!’ is not even close to being a valid argument. Come on people! At least try to use proper grammar.

2.I have had experiences with both Halo fans and Star Wars fans, and I have to say Halo fans take the cake for being “losers” (unpopular) and, largely, unintellectual. Although both fan bases have their no-lives, and it is definitely not always the case.

3.You can’t compare different sci-fi genres by their “technology”. I could concoct my own sci-fi galaxy and create a giant-super-ultra-mega-weapon that destroys the entire universe in my story.

And I will go ahead and give my vote for who’s better. Star Wars for me definitely beats Halo not because of any super-hardcore weapons, but because it revolutionized the film industry, has made itself a large part of American culture, and because it has become a giant monopoly here in America. Which is a lot more than you can say for Halo.

Flag Post

Yep, pretty much what I said. Or meant to imply. That I agree with.

But then again, as per my post above. Halo=realism(ignore all those 9-year-old fans), but Star Wars=American culture.