Star Wars VS Halo with would win? page 53

1574 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by someppl:

Star wars and it wouldn’t even be close.. especially if sith and jedi are on the same side

(flood spores are released among the Jedi and Sith)cool now we have badass ninja flood

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:
Originally posted by ElBandito81:
Originally posted by skyman129:

Halo s armor abilities beat the force and energy sword ties up with light saber plus the spartans super strength and awarness of Thierry surrondings and super speed beats Their abilty to sense where people are plus my earlier post about spartan freelancer 2.0 they were martial art masters

I’m sure almost any of the technology in Halo could disable/overwhelm armor lock. Energy sword would be shattered by light saber, and the force’s power overwhelms Halo’s special ability in all possible ways.

On a matter of scale, Star Wars beats Halo at every possible situation. It’s apples and oranges.

No…We are actually arguing if halo is more entertaining than star wars.And it is.

But in your case Master chief vs the force = Master chief…Simple

Ah, I see. On a matter of entertainment, that’s really just down to personal opinion.
But where’s your argument for Master Chief? One generic, genetically enhanced soldier with average armor and weak weapons against a Jedi with life dedication to mastering manipulation of reality itself? They could use the force to instantly stop any of his attacks. They can immobilize him with the force. They can electrocute him to death. They can choke him. He’s a puppet for them to control, he’s nothing in comparison to what they can do.

It’s hardly even comparable, it’s no match.

Flag Post

Bandito, just for the record; the argument is actually based on the two having an epic scifi battle.

And, I’m not even going to bother with the Halo fanboys just automagically assuming the flood can capture anything they go up against. It’s incredibly unlikely for various reasons.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skyman129:

Halo s armor abilities beat the force and energy sword ties up with light saber plus the spartans super strength and awarness of Thierry surrondings and super speed beats Their abilty to sense where people are plus my earlier post about spartan freelancer 2.0 they were martial art masters

I’m sure almost any of the technology in Halo could disable/overwhelm armor lock. Energy sword would be shattered by light saber, and the force’s power overwhelms Halo’s special ability in all possible ways.

On a matter of scale, Star Wars beats Halo at every possible situation. It’s apples and oranges.

No…We are actually arguing if halo is more entertaining than star wars.And it is.

But in your case Master chief vs the force = Master chief…Simple

Ah, I see. On a matter of entertainment, that’s really just down to personal opinion.
But where’s your argument for Master Chief? One generic, genetically enhanced soldier with average armor and weak weapons against a Jedi with life dedication to mastering manipulation of reality itself? They could use the force to instantly stop any of his attacks. They can immobilize him with the force. They can electrocute him to death. They can choke him. He’s a puppet for them to control, he’s nothing in comparison to what they can do.

It’s hardly even comparable, it’s no match.

No, thinking of Master Chief, stereo typically Master Chief can beat anything. He can just punch the force in the FIACE!

AND he dosen’t have average armor. Its MJOLNIR, best armor there is. But the shields are weak compared to most Elites.

Flag Post

1. Can beat anything due to protagonist syndrome.

2. The best armour there is *in the hands of the humans in the Halo universe.

Flag Post

the argument is actually based on the two having an epic scifi battle.

Only in space?
I was always assuming the two universes were going at up via all forms of warfare, not just in space.

assuming the flood can capture anything they go up against. It’s incredibly unlikely for various reasons.

What are the reasons?
I’m not disagreeing, as I feel Star Wars would win in every instance, but if the Flood ever got a foothold, they’d be very difficult to stop.
Death Stars and orbital bombardments on any Flood-infected worlds, or something?

AND he dosen’t have average armor. Its MJOLNIR, best armor there is. But the shields are weak compared to most Elites.

It’s less than average compared to a lot of the armour in the Star Wars universe.

Flag Post

Not only in space. But, realistically; when you’re dealing with a civilization advanced enough; infantry combat would be quite uncommon; except for capturing specific resource areas.

Flood issues.

1. Biological incompatibility.
2. Must use sublight transport to breach the energy field, making them a sitting target.
3. Star Wars forces repeatedly dealing with similar creatures.
4. Those similar creatures.
5. Many species with biotechnology far more advanced than the flood have been seen to generate.
6. Life-draining force attacks.
7. Clone/Stormtrooper gear is capable of acting within a vacuum; so it’d be roughly the same difficulty for the flood to infect them as it would masterchief.
8. Orbital bombardment, sonic weaponry, etcetcetc.
9. Sensitivity of the Gravemind during transport.
10. Lack of concern by most Star Wars governments for infected planets.

Flag Post

Halo is better just because Master Chief is in it.

Flag Post

Halo is better just because Master Chief is in it.

Why? He speaks about a line per mission.

Also, the argument is about who would win if the two lots had an epic war of some kind, hence the 53 pages of answers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Not only in space. But, realistically; when you’re dealing with a civilization advanced enough; infantry combat would be quite uncommon; except for capturing specific resource areas.

Flood issues.

2. Must use sublight transport to breach the energy field, making them a sitting target.
5. Many species with biotechnology far more advanced than the flood have been seen to generate.
7. Clone/Stormtrooper gear is capable of acting within a vacuum; so it’d be roughly the same difficulty for the flood to infect them as it would masterchief.

1.is not an issue as the flood have evolved to infect ANY sentient species and turn them into always similar forms.
2.ok that one’s valid still won’t take long with millions attempting
3.ability to create tentacles from any planet with significant infection capable of either restraining victims for infection or simply smashing everything including Forerunner energy barriers which were most likely AT LEAST at Star Wars level.AS far as I’m aware of none of the Star Wars species can do that
4.see reason 1
5.Flood don’t develop technology they steal it hence how far behind they were to the Forerunners.
6.Issue how?
7.valid see reason 3 for solution
8.Issue depending on whether or not the other Halo factions are helping the Flood destroy the Star Wars universe.
9.Graveminds don’t tend to move rather using Proto Graveminds to accomplish smaller tasks and relay information to the main mind,kind of like nerves.
10.Works in the Floods Favor for “As long as they can’t reach us lets focus on the Aliens who are actually somewhat harming us”(meanwhile the flood grows stronger)
also let me point out how easy it would be to infect most Jedi or Sith as they wear no armor

Flag Post
Originally posted by bgammax:

Flood issues.

1.is not an issue as the flood have evolved to infect ANY sentient species and turn them into always similar forms.
3.ability to create tentacles from any planet with significant infection capable of either restraining victims for infection or simply smashing everything including Forerunner energy barriers which were most likely AT LEAST at Star Wars level.AS far as I’m aware of none of the Star Wars species can do that
4.see reason 1
5.Flood don’t develop technology they steal it hence how far behind they were to the Forerunners.
6.Issue how?
8.Issue depending on whether or not the other Halo factions are helping the Flood destroy the Star Wars universe.
9.Graveminds don’t tend to move rather using Proto Graveminds to accomplish smaller tasks and relay information to the main mind,kind of like nerves.
10.Works in the Floods Favor for “As long as they can’t reach us lets focus on the Aliens who are actually somewhat harming us”(meanwhile the flood grows stronger)
also let me point out how easy it would be to infect most Jedi or Sith as they wear no armor

1: But how long does it take? The main point with the flood is they would be a big threat, AFTER a large amount of time. In that amount of time starwars has had enough time to kick the other halo factions teeth in and has started changing the wall paint. In addition, their armor is hard to get trough.

2: cricket noises

3: Valid point, but once again time, and star wars has bombs designed to get to the center and screw stuff up.

4: Huh? “Those similar creatures” would be a new threat for the flood and could hold their own for a couple months or years.

5: Valid point, integration would be easier, and would likely make the flood stronger.

6: They could shut off parts of the flood, or even stop them from infecting someone.

7: If there smashed into a bloody pulp then they wont really be able to be infected into anything more threatening then a flood cow.

8: But if Star wars>All halo that isnt flood, then they can simply nullify them while still having 1-2 factions to deal with the flood.

9: The point was star wars ships can ambush the ships carrying the graveminds easily.

10: Back to 1, by the time the flood are a dangerous threat the rest of halo is dead/dying/being used as slaves in hut palaces.

Flag Post

Catching a jedi is hard as fuck though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darver:

Catching a jedi is hard as fuck though.

no need most of them as far as I know need to breath and there are spores infect once they have touched or been inhaled

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:
Originally posted by bgammax:

Flood issues.

4.see reason 1
6.Issue how?

1: But how long does it take? The main point with the flood is they would be a big threat, AFTER a large amount of time. In that amount of time starwars has had enough time to kick the other halo factions teeth in and has started changing the wall paint. In addition, their armor is hard to get trough.

2: cricket noises

3: Valid point, but once again time, and star wars has bombs designed to get to the center and screw stuff up.

4: Huh? “Those similar creatures” would be a new threat for the flood and could hold their own for a couple months or years.

5: Valid point, integration would be easier, and would likely make the flood stronger.

6: They could shut off parts of the flood, or even stop them from infecting someone.

7: If there smashed into a bloody pulp then they wont really be able to be infected into anything more threatening then a flood cow.

8: But if Star wars>All halo that isnt flood, then they can simply nullify them while still having 1-2 factions to deal with the flood.

9: The point was star wars ships can ambush the ships carrying the graveminds easily.

10: Back to 1, by the time the flood are a dangerous threat the rest of halo is dead/dying/being used as slaves in hut palaces.

we’ve pretty much established 1 through 3 so lets start with
4.Valid point those creature would be competing with the flood in a similar field stalling them Months at least(and with them infecting at sublight speeds they need all the time they can get)
5.Established
6.meh the point of the flood is not strength its numbers.Cripple to the point of not being a threat as many as you want.there are always more
7.the restraining part I meant not the violent wreckage
8.yeah basically the other halo factions would have to be fighting SPECIFICALLY to stall for the flood and I don’t think the Brutes are that smart.
9.same with six since the only things being moved are proto graveminds it doesn’t really matter that much as they just need like 3 hosts to be mashed together
10.after which they will be stronger than ever far beyond the point of combat forms being non-recyclable.Well they’re technically helping the environment and this is going to be ONE LONG SIEGE especially if the flood managed to capture even 1 ship capable of beyond-light transport being able to build more maybe even out of Flood biomass if you give them long enough

Flag Post

Bumping to get that shit off the front page.

Flag Post

I’d still say the millions of droids that can be produced per day would be able to outnumber the flood. Especially since they’re immune to infection and have powerful weaponry.

Flag Post

I can’t say I agree about your first point, Captain_Catface, but the rest of it is sound.
The fact that billions of droids could be produced in bulk was something that had slipped my mind, too.

Flag Post

Well. The flood more or less do two things:

A. Hijack the nervous system.
B. Cause rapid growth in the host as needed.

So, it’s likely that there would be issues with them trying to take over some of the very anatomically different forms of life.

Flag Post

So for a species to be immune to the Flood, they’d need to lack a nervous system?
I’m not very educated on the extended universe, but are there many civilisations made up of a species like that?

Flag Post

Not that I can think of off-hand. I was more or less shotgunning holes in the “OMG FLOODZ R INVINCIBUR” argument.

Flag Post

Halo fucking rocks… Know why? Here are elaborate reasons you can’t argue with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL30F74ECB14B8C948&v=YnhHALkQXiE&feature=player_detailpage

Flag Post

Well yeah, the Flood certainly aren’t invincible.
I was only feeling they’d be a large factor due to their ability to multiply and infest really quickly, so organic units would be weak against them.
But just put droids against them, and that cancels out their ability to multiply.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Well yeah, the Flood certainly aren’t invincible.
I was only feeling they’d be a large factor due to their ability to multiply and infest really quickly, so organic units would be weak against them.
But just put droids against them, and that cancels out their ability to multiply.

no worries 1 coloney produces billions of Infections forms a day which are all capable of "recycling"hosts and won’t give the Droids enough time to kill them and the "roots"which can easily demolish large numbers and can come out of the ground at any time also captain trollface my arguement wasn’t flood can’t lose its why the flood wouldn’t be easily snuffed out like everyone says they would

Flag Post

Halo would win out of sheer firepower.
Yes, I know that star wars has the death star (which is capable of destroying planets), but the fact of the matter is this: even in the Return Of The Jedi the rebel fleet was able to withstand long enough for the fighters to destroy the death star. and that was against the death star II (which could fire shots alot more frequently than the original death star model) and the Imperial Fleet of star destroyers.
Now, take the Fleet of Particular Justice out of Halo: Reach (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Fleet_of_Particular_Justice), it says the fleet had 341 ships in it. 341!!! If you take 341 Covenant Ships (most with energy projectors capable of destroying other ships in a single shot) and put it against the death star II and the rest of the Imperial Fleet, Halo would still win becaus of the number of ships and the weaponry. Halo would loose maybe 100 ships in the process of destroying the death star (assuming the death star II still has the shield from endor), but that would still leave 241 more ships to finish off the rest of the Imperial Fleet!

Halo would win for ship to ship (energy projectors, at least one per ship [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_projector]. shielding, each ship shield could survive one mac round before breaking [or a hell of alot of laser fire, because it could also survive some energy projectors])
Star Wars would win for infantry (jedi)
Halo would win for armoured land vehicles (scarab, wraith, revanent, ghost, and human ships)
Star Wars would win for aircraft (in atmosphere)
Halo would win for starfighters (banshee and serephs, because of the sheer number that 341 ships would carry)
Halo would win for last resort weapons because of the halo rings as well.

All in all: Halo would win based on the size of the Covenant army and navy. And alot of this I wasn’t even factoring in the power of the UNSC army and navy. Jedi’s would put up a good fight, but I don’t think their lightsabres would protect their ship from an energy projector.

HALO WINS!!!

Flag Post