Star Wars VS Halo with would win? page 59

1583 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jepekula:

Star wars,because:
first,the weapons
Blaster rifle shoots lazorz, whatever assault rifle shoots bullets.
Lazorz>bullets.
Double(light)saber is better than one little energy sword.
And now vehicles.
AT-AT shoots lazorz and whatever else.

Lasers are a crap ton slower than bullets. And not all Halo guns use bullets. Like the Covenant weapons. And some of the Human weapons. Covenant Wraith shoots basically flaming electricity. Spartans have better armor, unlike the clones in Star Wars (they suck).
Elephant shoots bullets and rockets.
Again,lazorz> bullets.
Scorpion tank shoots whatever today tanks shoot.
At-whatever shoots lazorz what penetrate metal.
So,lazorz>whatever modern tanks shoot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Outcast_Gamer117:

Star Wars will win.

How is that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ckipp:

Ok the spartans are enhanced super soldiers built for quickness and strength theres a lot more to them then just assault rifles and rocket launchers.
Star wars and Halo realm facing off this is considering that all the spartans besides master chief are involved then hands down the Halo realm is going to put up a fight.
They employ military tactics and other things they are like the star wars bounty hunters on crack. This would be a battle of the age I think =D

Yours is probably the best comment I’ve seen on this forum. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by gamerguy75:

Star Wars. Fighting off Master Chief would be like fighting off some storm troopers.

How? Spartans are more than just guns and swords. They know military tactics and hand-to-hand combat far more than Storm troopers. They just walk around getting shot. I’ve seen all the movies. They are horrible at fighting. Spartans know when to engage and when to back out so they don’t get killed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by oatlol:

This is an unfair fight, because Starwars is way more advanced in technolgy and is a space fantasy. Human technolgy in Halo can exist in the next 500 years, but the force and light sabers is unlikely to ever exist.

Halo has the Halo rings (Forerunner) and their enormous spaceships. Plus the Spartans would kick butt. They have great knowledge on warfare. They were trained at age 14. Storm Troopers you can really just enlist like todays armies. Not criticizing the army of today. Marines also have greater experience since they don’t die as easily. Storm troopers walk around getting shot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:
Originally posted by kelt44:

Obviously Star Wars. The technology would be highly advanced because blasters were invented before ANYTHING in Halo was invented, therefore they would be more advanced. They say you can’t be invincible, but being technologically advanced by over a million years than the opposition practically IS being invincible. Suck on that Halo. Also, the Jedi would crush any army when they had millions of years to hone their skills of the force, the death star could be rebuilt, WITHOUT being vulnerable
to a cocky young man in an X-wing, therefore we could destroy any planet that the opposition own. I may not know much about Halo, but I am a Star Wars GOD. SUCK ON THAT HALO FANS.

Really? Scientific advance in the wars universe?

Maybe before the republic. Maybe after the fall of the empire. but not during the time covered and mentioned during the core cannon of the movies. oh, a few improvements are made here and there, but nothing fundamental untill the yuzan vong (spellling?) show up with singularity weapons.

the problem is, the republic and empire have a very poor scientific attitude, and a poor understanding of their own technologies, resulting in no ftl improvement, only limited improvements in weaponry, a loss of sheild technologies, a distinct lack of metalurgical insight, and an industrial capacity that spirals into ever larger but weaker ships.
last but not least: their computers and targetting scanners have always, and will always leave, much to be desired.

1. General scientific attitude: (poor)
“If it isn’t in the archives then it doesn’t exist”-while she might have been refering exclusively to planets and stars, I find that unlikely. If she had been, why wouldn’t she have said “If a STAR isn’t in our archives, then it doesn’t exist”?-unless she believed that EVERYTHING had already been discovered.

2. FTL: (static)
Due to the awfull minute in which a certain smuggler treats “parsec” like a unit of time, and a few other factors, it is nearly impossible to directly determine whether FTL gets better, or worse, during the course of the movies.

We are thus forced into lesser cannon…most of which says that wars FTL is tied to the force in some fashion, is poorly understood by all engineers, and simply cannot be improved upon, except possibly by a particularly powerfull force-user, generally a Sith or uber Sith. Did I mention…it might just be restricted to the one galaxy?

3. Weaponry (superficial advances)
weaponry is one of the few things to have improved during the time of the empire. However, nearly all the improvements took the form of building a BIGGER gun, not a more compact gun with the same firepower. Matter of fact, it’s very possible the death star’s method of destroying planets relies more on anti-gravity than anything else; even so, it requir
es a massive device, and the second death star is bigger, not smaller.

Other weapons appear to have the same firepower for a given size between the republic and empire.

4. Shielding (loss of technology)
loss of compact technology occured. no significant developments in large-scale sheilds; death star more or less as big as they get.

While fighting the second death star, nobody even tried to overwhelm the groundside station via orbital bombardment, suggesting a very strong sheild. But during the battle with the first death star, a single shot from a fighter is able to cause an explostion in an occupied corridor, and fighters destroy a number of turrets on the surface of the death star. Substantial advancement? If so, why didn’t the emporer have backup sheilds installed on the death star already?

I conclude that to make a wars sheild strong, you have to attach it to a planet or moon, and then protect any object OTHER than the planet or moon it’s attached to, because you need something to dump the vibrations into. (maybe the harmonics will always be resonant with the object you’re trying to sheild or something. point is, that type of sheild cannot be put onto a ship).

meanwhile, small-scale sheilds were, quite simply, lost. Sheilded droids? poof. personal sheilds? Never seen in the entire series, as far as I can tell. Those sheilds used by the gungans? poof.

5. Industrial technlogies and capacity (goes down the drain)
At first, it looks like industrial technologies improve throughout-after all, the empire uses ever bigger ships as time goes on!
But it’s an illusion. An illusion created by switching to ever weaker materials as the machinary and infrastructure falls apart behind the scenes.

If star destroyers were built of the same material as the typical republic era ship, they should have roughly twice as much maneuverability as they actually do. If they were built out of a stronger material, they should have even more maneuverability. They don’t. They’re sitting ducks for f*n asteroids…which is yet anoter sign they’re made of substandard materials.

As for the second death star being bigger than the second? Rougly speaking, that big death star would have been about 3 or 4 small when finished, and had the material for 1 or two small death stars already present.

Assuming that industrial capacity remained the same, the emperor could’ve easily lured the rebels to an unfinished “death star” with only enough firepower to dent another death star (which is presumably sufficient to destroy rebel ships in one shot each), left ANYBODY in charge of it, then showed up with the REAL death star if the original plan went south. Or even just to panick the rebels.
But he didn’t. I conclude that he didn’t…because he couldn’t; he had to use a less efficient set of materials for the weapons, because the empire had run out of supplies. with less efficient materials, an even bigger death star was required just to house the weapon. before it finished, the tools started breaking.

Point is, the industrial capacity of the empire was pushed to the limits to maintain an illusion of effectiveness, but wound up collapsing around the emporer.

scanners and computers:
The asteroid that smacked into the star destroyer. The line “that’s impossible, even for a computer”. Sure, they have droids, but it’s rather obvious that the only truly intelligent droids come from the era of the republic-namely, r2-d2 and c-3po.
(side note: i’m not really sure how they even HAVE semi-sentient droids when their computers can’t hit a 6-meter target at the end of a canyon. Maybe all their droids are from the era of the republic. )
Republic era aim may not have been much better, but it was better.

If they don’t have very good computers anymore, is it any wonder they aren’t able to improve their technology?

Tldr: the wars universe is technologically stagnant, therefore the duration of the republic is insufficient grounds to declare a victory for the wars universe.

Also, Spartans know tactics that Storm Troopers etc. would never be able to learn cause they all get shot.

Flag Post

First of, crisye, snip mega posts and make your own, instead of making a hundred smaller posts.

Second off, stromtroopers not shooting han solo was psychological. They easily destroyed the rebels, because they all had the same uniform. They couldn’t shot han, because he was unique, not just another faceless mook. This is supported in almost every way, as time and time again they kill rebel forces easily but lose to a couple unique heros. I’m not going to touch the battle of endor with a standard issue 10-foot poll, but there is also evidence supporting my theory there. A war comes down to 5 things in sci-fi, which ill list off.

#1: Basic infantry vs Basic infantry

A stormtrooper is superior to marines, and flood. They are around equal with a elite and brute, but lose to anything else unless in great number. Due to this, Star Wars wins #1, netting them a lot of boarding and land battles won.

#2: Space combat

I am honestly completely out of my league here, but it seems that Star Wars has better ships, and despite MAC rounds has better fighters. Due to now knowing shit about the subject, i am not giving this one to either side.

#3: Super weapons

Halo has MAC rounds, a very very low tier super weapon, and the ability to glass planets, the second requiring a huge amount of ships to pull off.
Contrary to popular belief, the very flawed death star is not the only super weapon Star wars has, and if you dig into the lore you can see they have more and better super weapons. Point goes to Star Wars.

4: Economy.

In the halo universe, civil war is common, with neither side having that stable of an economy. Planets easily die, and rebel factions spring into place the moment a leader dies.
Star wars also has these problems, but the Empire is huge, and easily capable of sustaining a much larger army then any halo faction. Point goes to Star wars, which will let them win a war of attrition.

5: Total War

Simply put, if you take on planet, take the best of the best of each side, and chuck them into it, who will win?
The scorpion tank is very outclassed by the walkers of star wars, and the coordination that force users have will allow them to make strategic decisions in a split second. In a straight up fight, star wars is clearly the victor, having superior land, air, and space.

Putting those all together, it seems clear the Star Wars is the victor.

Flag Post

i don’t know but it would be awesome to see lol

Flag Post

If Star Wars was in the same galaxy as Halo, the reclaimers would just have to activate the Ark and wipe out all sentient life form (the Ark is also a safe haven from the mass extinction) And Halo just doesn’t have Masterchief and humans, you’ve also got the Sentinels, Flood, Forerunners, Precursors and others that have advanced technology.

But hey, my knowledge on Star wars isn’t that great either so I don’t really know who would win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jozie011:

If Star Wars was in the same galaxy as Halo, the reclaimers would just have to activate the Ark and wipe out all sentient life form (the Ark is also a safe haven from the mass extinction) And Halo just doesn’t have Masterchief and humans, you’ve also got the Sentinels, Flood, Forerunners, Precursors and others that have advanced technology.

But hey, my knowledge on Star wars isn’t that great either so I don’t really know who would win.

According to the Halo wiki (Halo Nation), the precursors may have actually just been mythologised by the forerunner. It is believed by them that the forerunner “mantle” was handed down to the forerunner by the precursors.

Might not actually exist.

Flag Post

Star Wars and Halo, together, against the Culture. It’d be hilarious. Culture>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo>Star Wars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nerdsoft:

Star Wars and Halo, together, against the Culture. It’d be hilarious. Culture>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo>Star Wars.

Oh no! He said something was better without stating anything backing it up! How ever shall we respond? The day is lost!

Flag Post

Yeah, no Snipe.

The Culture is more or less infinitely superior to either of the presented factions.

That said, he put Halo over Star Wars.

Flag Post

Galactus solos.

That said, according to SW wiki, there are over 20 million sentient species in the galaxy. Feats stop mattering at this point.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Yeah, no Snipe.

The Culture is more or less infinitely superior to either of the presented factions.

That said, he put Halo over Star Wars.

My point wasnt that culture wasnt better then either of them, as i know nothing about Culture, but that saying something without providing facts has no meaning

Flag Post

Never heard of “the culture”.

and remember: beings with uber-powers that refrain from using those powers during cannon get to face off against similar such powers. so if “the culture” is a race of ascended beings in halo, they will be facing off against ascended jedi, who USUALLY don’t do anything, but presumably have pretty significant powers behind them.

I could also point out the whole Q>pretty much everything else.

so. what does “the Culture” come from, anyways?

Flag Post

If, when you say showdown, you in fact mean which series is the greater, I would probably say Star Wars, since Halo is mediocre at best; just another typical FPS game with a dulled down story line and a generic character, with yet another pusher commander, perhaps some likable characters (Sgt. Johnson got me all the time), but mostly just generic personas.

Star Wars is an entire universe, perhaps the Lord of the Rings of the sci-fi genre, and despite knowing little to nothing about the series (That guy was that guys father, and that guy did some messed up stuff with his sister who he didn’t know was his sister maybe, and that guy destroys the biggest radio satellite to date), it definitely seems more likable than Halo.

So there :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by laurasam1:

If, when you say showdown, you in fact mean which series is the greater, I would probably say Star Wars, since Halo is mediocre at best; just another typical FPS game with a dulled down story line and a generic character, with yet another pusher commander, perhaps some likable characters (Sgt. Johnson got me all the time), but mostly just generic personas.

Star Wars is an entire universe, perhaps the Lord of the Rings of the sci-fi genre, and despite knowing little to nothing about the series (That guy was that guys father, and that guy did some messed up stuff with his sister who he didn’t know was his sister maybe, and that guy destroys the biggest radio satellite to date), it definitely seems more likable than Halo.

So there :p

I think it was more of a straight up brawl as opposed to which series is better.

Welcome to star wars, the only episodes that exist are 4,5, and 6. Do not watch anything else star wars, unless you have bleach ready for your eyes.

Flag Post

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Superweapon
Read the list.
Star Wars would have ALL of those in it’s universe (All being in Canon Star Wars media in some way, shape, or form)
I really don’t see anything in the Halo universe (I mean the ENTIRE Halo Universe) that could stack up to this.
And yes, (INSERT PIECE OF ‘UBER KOOLFORERUNNER TECH HERE.) can be destroyed.
Everything can.
We just have more boom.

Flag Post

One thing is that i bet a lightsaber can’t go threw someone with ArmorLock.

Flag Post

So how about Everything in all the Halo games.Halo: Combat Evolved (first person shooter)
Halo 2(FPS)
Halo 3(FPS)
Halo Wars(real time strategy)
Halo 3:ODST
Halo Reach(FPS)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

Second off, stromtroopers not shooting han solo was psychological. They easily destroyed the rebels, because they all had the same uniform. They couldn’t shot han, because he was unique, not just another faceless mook.

Actually, that’s called plot armor, not stormtrooper psychology.

Originally posted by pertenme:

One thing is that i bet a lightsaber can’t go threw someone with ArmorLock.

Ahem. There is an edit button here. You didn’t need to double-post.

And I bet they could, though I have no idea how long it would take. Lightsabers can cut through even super-thick blast doors given enough time, and can probably cut through anything short of, say, star-trek neutronium if given enough time.

note: Star-Trek neutronium is quite distinct from Star-Wars neutronium.

Flag Post

theres a chance that there might be a anti war group that ends up going to war like spartan human/jedi human group then its a hole new ball gmae coveant mixed other star wars aliens

Flag Post

The conflict would end in a draw so that none of the fans cry like little girls when their side lost.

Flag Post

halo starwars is just pew pew bullets