CycloManiacs Discussion / Walkthrough page 2

106 posts

Flag Post

Okay, the only things I have left right now are getting first on the moon and the “get all other awards”. I’m thinking this should be done by constantly being in a boost, but I’m not even getting near first place (almost maxed out, though it would be grindy to try and get them all).

Flag Post

yup… maxed out stats and can’t even get close to a 1st place finish on the moon. 6th is my best using Colin with no crashes and boosting almost all the way. shrugs

Flag Post

I usually end up being 6th. My best time is NOW 95:13, but I still ended up being 6th when I got time of 107:52…

Flag Post

I’m also missing “sneaky start” on Sunset City: The Car Park… no clue how to go about getting this. I tried doing timed starts to get some kind of boost (ala many racing games), but couldn’t get it to work. I know how to get sneaky start! OK at the beginning of the race, dont click anything when it says " On your marks" or “Get set” but when get set disapears theres nothing for about half a second, in that time hold the up key and then insted of saying “GO!” it will say “sneaky start!”

Flag Post

well now that the haddock race is much easier i can go onto moon race. and I can’t get the first badge for being first because about 10 bikers zoom out in front at the start…and stay there.

Flag Post

Hey Guys,
I’ve uploaded another bug fix, this time for the Moon level. It should be easier now (but not TOO easy, hopefully)

It’s in Version 1.02

It turns out that some of the AI on the moon level were going at double speed. no wonder it was difficult.

Flag Post

Well you made it a little too easy, i could beat it in my first try having crashed twice :P. I hadn’t tried before the update but i dont think i did that good to win.

Flag Post

Ugh, I can’t beat the piano race… I got pretty darn far once and then tripped and I figured I could beat it if I got there again, but I can’t :( I get to that small metal ramp immediately followed by a dip, and I can’t get past it. Am I supposed to have boost by then or something? If I am, how the heck do I get one with them?

Flag Post

I think you made the Haddock too easy… it’s now the easiest of the 5 races, by far. The Haddock wasn’t even on the screen most of the race.

I recorded some video… including sneaky start, piano race, haddock, moon, and 10 second rear wheelie. Will have it up in about an hour.

-Tass

Flag Post

Finished. Completing the moon level with first place for me was largely based on not having a random crash out of a sudden reflex the old grandpa I chose had. Seriously wondering how those guys beat the level with the AI on double speed, since they already had 70 achievements before the update.

Flag Post

They also beat the Haddock… aka, they probably didn’t do it legitly. shrugs.

Vid is up on the 1st post.

Flag Post

I can’t get the level 5 boost on Outlands:Zigzag to unlock the Bowler Brothers, and I’ve tried several riders and tactics. I guess I just suck at it. Though so far, nothing else has given me much trouble.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the rider to use and tips on getting more boost?

Flag Post

pika: are you fully upgraded on speed, accel, boost, and spin? if so, it’s simple… use SirColin and just stand still and jump and do flips right at the start of the race. do front flips. Colin flips so easily, you can pull off standing flips. Once you get a boost, you can start doing standing double front flips. just keep doing it and you’ll get 5x boost. don’t worry about being able to catch up, it’s simple.

you can also do it legit by doing the same exact thing… lots of jumps and front flips… while running the course. but, of course, it’s harder. if you crash, you lose the boost. just jump at the top of every incline, and do 2-3 front flips. Colin is amazing for flips.

edit: if you watch the video, you can see my Moon race… basically do something similar on ZigZag. you’ll see that I reach 5x multiplier 2 different times in the Moon run, and I’m not even trying for it. Just trying to keep the boost on while not crashing.

Flag Post

Thanks Tass! And nope I haven’t upgraded everything yet but will do.

edit: got it and more, Thanks again Tass.

Flag Post

LongAnimals, you should put in a bug fix 4 the people who already can’t unlock the walrus special because they already had phoenix the penguin when you put in the first update. thx

Flag Post

now the haddock race is a joke lol

Flag Post

Got all awards….I think badges would come faster if he added more Stats..

Like..
Most Air Time
Rear Wheelie time
Front Wheelie Time
Boost Level
Moon Completed
Watched ending movie.

Flag Post

GAME COMPLETED
Thanks Tass for the piano level thing. That the hardest level in the game, in my opinion.

Flag Post

Great game, just one minor bug report.
Sometimes when you fall down in a pit on ‘The Glacier’ you don’t get the red screen and just keep on falling, so you have to restart the race. This also happened on another course when i drove back and fell off the scene, no idea whypeople would do that, but well some of them do. ^^

Flag Post

Still can’t get past that haddock! Tried at least fifty times and he always gets me at the half pipe, even if i somehow manage to stay a smidgen ahead of him at the half pipe he’ll get me on the slight incline directly afterwards. Was it made hard again?

Flag Post

Haddock is insane… on a side not Sir Colin is way too good. I mean, i used Phoenix the penguin (and i liked it) untill i got Sir Colin. Now i just do quintuple and sextuple loops every race and finish with boost on level 7 or so.

Flag Post

Hey! Have you noticed when you are collecting those 46 pickups in Sunset City: Bus Jumper they arrange in a melody of “Ode to Joy”? ;)

Flag Post

bump for badges.

Flag Post

All done, once unlocked I used Farty for everything except rear wheelies… just a nice, easily-managable character I thought, fast and insanely easy to boost with.

Gonna go try Sir Colin though, didn’t even give him a second glance.

[edit – yeesh, he’s much easier than Farty. But Farty was more fun, I guess.]

Flag Post

i just can’t achieve sir colin,
i dit the level “outlands:zigzag” 5 times without crashing but i still don’t get him.
is this a bug or am i just missing something?