LOZ or Okami

9 posts

Flag Post

Which is best, The Legend of Zelda, or Okami? Also, who is your favorite character? Personally, I like the Legend of Zelda a little bit better, but I almost like Okami just as much. As for my favorite character, I can’t decide between Link or Okami.

Flag Post

ok well. i agree, but in fave chars, i say either midna(her pimp attitude) and issun (i like DBZ and i see a wise, but pervy Kame-Sennin in issun)

Flag Post

Erm, never played Okami, but LOZ came first, so it’s better >.>

Seriously, though, I think I like the Legend of Zelda more. I do like Okami’s art style, and would probably play the PS2 version (without the tacked-on motion controls)… but I don’t have a PS2.

Twilight Princess’s world was meticulously detailed- I like that a lot, and marveled in exploring the nooks and crannies of the well-thought-out Hyrule. Even though the story kinda jumped the shark with the Twilight Realm (to an extent; it still SORT OF made sense), it didn’t deter me from enjoying every minute of the game. Plus, Zelda’s place in gaming history is too enourmous to not prefer it over a lesser-known game.

Favorite character? A lot of the ones in Wind Waker stood out, it’s really a tie between Quill and Toon Link. Quill’s serious nature and avian flights are a plus- the Ritos were well-designed, kudos to Nintendo. However, after leading a character that essentially represents YOU through a boatload of dangerous situations, it’s hard not to become attached to him… so, Toon Link is my favorite.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ozarka741:

Which is best, The Legend of Zelda, or Okami? Also, who is your favorite character? Personally, I like the Legend of Zelda a little bit better, but I almost like Okami just as much. As for my favorite character, I can’t decide between Link or Okami.

How can you even compare the two?Two COMPLETELY different games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CheezezbergrPls:

In reviews, Sony even said that it was based off of zelda

Flag Post
Originally posted by cman456100:
Originally posted by CheezezbergrPls:

In reviews, Sony even said that it was based off of zelda

Based off and is are two different things, the great majority, if not all the games we play are based off something.

Although I haven’t played Okami, mind you it could have been since it was a choice between it or Resident Evil 4, what I do know is that Okami has yet to spawn a series. Admittedly that says very little for the actual game.

Going off-topic, what’s with the love affair with Twilight Princess? Going into that game I thought it was going to try and ignite a spark that they had with LoZ:OoT or LoZ:MM, but they decided to go down this dark path thing, in order to give the characters depth, or something along those lines. The game was beautiful, yes, but it was a bloody cake walk… I will cease with the ranting and just say I didn’t really enjoy it that much after all was said and done.

Flag Post

But the fact that Okami was obviously taking inspiration off of Zelda means it must’ve wanted something similar to come from the game, so your “completely different” notion doesn’t really hold up.

Back on topic, though, I don’t really think there was ever a love affair in Twilight Princess. The developers were going for something different instead of some sort of hookup between Link and Zelda. I actually enjoyed the change of perspective on the Zelda universe. Besides, the majority of game players would prefer to keep those kinds of relationships out of the games, or so I’ve heard…

Flag Post

Unlike some games in my opinion, The Legend of Zelda has improved. i don’t realy like the looks of the new Skylanders, Spyro’s adventure. Before Skylanders i was impressed with the high detail and great efforts created in the Wii game! when I saw the trailer for Skyward Sword, fell in love with the detail and I knew i had to have it and i got it on Christmas or my Birthday i cannot remember BUT i got the soundtracks for getting the limited eddition 25th anniversary of the Legend of Zelda.

I Love the Legend of Zelda~!

Flag Post

Legend of Zelda is one of the greatest franchises in gaming history and i dont believe many other games can trump it. My favorite character has to be Tingle. His appearances in Majora’s Mask and The Wind Waker make him a very lovable character. But a close second is Linebeck from the DS versions of the games.