The "What was that game called?" Thread page 102

3914 posts

Flag Post

looking for a game that’s side scrolling you can choose from 3 characters all of em r chicks
its download only
3 or four player can play on one lvl
you kill all enemy’s to move to the next area there’s a boss at the end
one of the first lvls is in a forest
you can add a player as a friend
there might be a lobby chat or something like that
you can get weapons armor and such (dont remember how)
plyed it a maby 2-3 years ago (pc crashed couldnt restore) now i cant find the game anywhere

Flag Post

There was a game where you had a bunch of monsters and you had a bunch of missions where had to defeat other monsters and there was a bunch upgrades sorry im really bad at describing things

Flag Post
Originally posted by wertiuy3:

There was a game where you had a bunch of monsters and you had a bunch of missions where had to defeat other monsters and there was a bunch upgrades sorry im really bad at describing things

was it backyard monsters?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

Sounds like Orbital Decay, which can be found here.

Curiously, I think I’ve answered ‘what was this game’ about that one 3-4 times. Something to be said about naming your game something people can remember.

thank you

Flag Post

It’s a pixely Action RPG/platforming game. Scoured Kong but can’t find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There’s a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that’s too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.

It’s NOT Hero’s Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by juicebox88:
Originally posted by juicebox88:

I remember a game but i can’t remember what it’s called!

the game is a 3D cubic rpg sort of game, you can go explore dungeons and dig with a shovel, pick, drill, and attack enemies while avoiding falling boulders. But when your not doing that, your working on your own cubic kingdom, with customized placement of buildings and quests from a king, queen and daughter.

Please message me the game if you remember what it is called :)

surely someone knows what it was!!

I found it in one of those ads on Kong, and also you can visit other peoples kingdoms, please someone know what it is!

Flag Post

Alright, here’s a true game to stump people. I promise it’s not Minecraft or any fairly recent released game.

- It was released on the original PlayStation.
- It’s most likely classified as puzzle/platformer/adventure.
- Very similar to today’s “Drake’s Fortune”.
- The first level was in a forest, the second was in a large temple where you had to activate four crystals to release the cage doors covering the main crystal in the center of the temple, the third level was a deeper part of the temple, and the fourth was completely underground, with many quartz-y like fixtures.
- I distinctly remember flying pterodactyl-like creatures in the fourth level.
- The main character used a climbing pick as a weapon.

I hope this helps! I can’t remember it for the life of me…

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrownHeiress:

Alright, here’s a true game to stump people. I promise it’s not Minecraft or any fairly recent released game.

- It was released on the original PlayStation.
- It’s most likely classified as puzzle/platformer/adventure.
- Very similar to today’s “Drake’s Fortune”.
- The first level was in a forest, the second was in a large temple where you had to activate four crystals to release the cage doors covering the main crystal in the center of the temple, the third level was a deeper part of the temple, and the fourth was completely underground, with many quartz-y like fixtures.
- I distinctly remember flying pterodactyl-like creatures in the fourth level.
- The main character used a climbing pick as a weapon.

I hope this helps! I can’t remember it for the life of me…

Pitfall 3D?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wecl0me12:
Originally posted by jj490:

I posted this is in my own topic but it’s just as appropriate here.

It’s dice based
semi real time
Board game
Monoply like
It had ~4 different boards, they got bigger and bigger.
When you purchased a property you could buy buildings. The more properties you had next to each other the bigger the hotels could get.
It was against 3 AI players (don’t know if it was real multiplayer)
There were special powerups like bombs, reverse, double rent, etc.
You played as a car or truck (I believe…)

dice mogul?

OK my game:
It’s a puzzle game, the kind where you can write a walkthrough for.
I forgot how many screens but I remember 4 screens like this:

A person guarding a sword
a market /a woman stuck in a barrel
a house

Your goal is to get 3 items and then take them to someone and they will make a sword, you need to then go into a door at the top to win the game. at the end the player kills a demon or something.

The game is rather short compared to other games.

I tried googling but it didn’t work.

wtheck

Flag Post

Pitfall 3D?

YES!! Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! Heh, when the first picture came up for the introduction of the Jungle level and I swear if I hadn’t been sitting down the nostalgia would have knocked me on my ass.

Once again, thank you so so much!

Flag Post

I’ve been looking for this one online ccg game that I can’t recall.
it took place in a crapsack world with humans, aliens, and robots. everything was militerized and killing everything else. humans were red and worked for something called the kolective (they were soviety). aliens were green and biological. machines were blue and had a nasty habit of rebuilding themselves. it really resembles tyrant’s combat syestem.
some notable units (based off memory)
worm-machine (75% rebuild chance)
99th company?- human infantry (not useless)
97th regament? human light infantry (compleatly useless, even as cannon fodder)
flying spagetie monster
alien (only alien unit i remember, I loved the refrance)

if anyone knows this game please tell me. thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by asd736:

I’ve been looking for this one online ccg game that I can’t recall.
it took place in a crapsack world with humans, aliens, and robots. everything was militerized and killing everything else. humans were red and worked for something called the kolective (they were soviety). aliens were green and biological. machines were blue and had a nasty habit of rebuilding themselves. it really resembles tyrant’s combat syestem.
some notable units (based off memory)
worm-machine (75% rebuild chance)
99th company?- human infantry (not useless)
97th regament? human light infantry (compleatly useless, even as cannon fodder)
flying spagetie monster
alien (only alien unit i remember, I loved the refrance)

if anyone knows this game please tell me. thanks

Battle cards?

Flag Post

Also what is that game where you have zombies underground and you can experiment on them while they are chained to the wall???

Flag Post
Originally posted by worker12:

Also what is that game where you have zombies underground and you can experiment on them while they are chained to the wall???

Lab of the Dead

Flag Post

The game is a an rpg type thing. You send monsters, priests, warriors etc. across a screen to attack another sides monsters and minions. You are also the main character who goes along with, but moves faster than your “troops”. Once you win there’s like a little parchment that tells you the next level. You get more selections as you go on. I remember a field level and a ice level. Everything is like small.

It is like bowmaster but without bow tower. And different in ways.

EDIT: Also, once one of the monsters crosses your side, you lose, and you have to get your monsters over their side to win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UrASmurf:

The game is a an rpg type thing. You send monsters, priests, warriors etc. across a screen to attack another sides monsters and minions. You are also the main character who goes along with, but moves faster than your “troops”. Once you win there’s like a little parchment that tells you the next level. You get more selections as you go on. I remember a field level and a ice level. Everything is like small.

It is like bowmaster but without bow tower. And different in ways.

EDIT: Also, once one of the monsters crosses your side, you lose, and you have to get your monsters over their side to win.

Any of the Epic War games?

Flag Post

No, its more small scale. Its from a higher up view and smaller characters and stuff. Again, like bowmaster prelude but without tower and its flat areas.

Anyone?

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:
Originally posted by Shadendemon:

What is that game where you play a wizard and you find spell scrolls and resurrect skeletons, its a top down and i believe the wizard is wearing blue robes. the maps are set like a zelda game or a hands of war. i believe you level up, but i think you may just get the scrolls to learn spells to make you stronger.

Most likely Wizard’s Run

no thats not the one, the game about 3 years old, maybe more, and its a kong game definitely

Flag Post

What is that game where you play a wizard and you find spell scrolls and resurrect skeletons, its a top down and i believe the wizard is wearing blue robes. the maps are set like a zelda game or a hands of war. i believe you level up, but i think you may just get the scrolls to learn spells to make you stronger.

Most likely Wizard’s Run

no thats not the one, the game about 3 years old, maybe more, and its a kong game definitely

Realm Of The Mad God? It’s on Kongregate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JokerJ061398:

Most likely Wizard’s Run

no, much older than that.

It’s not recent.
It has badges (I am mostly certain)
It’s has something to do with Resurrecting skells and casting spells,
you are a wizard walking around killing stuff
you have full movement (wasd (maybe mouse movement)
It is not necromicon
It’s not Wizard Run
Its not RotMG

Flag Post

So yeah… I need help figuring out the name of one game that I used to play at my neighbours house. I can remember a few things about the game (which is driving me crazy). It was a game on either PlayStation 1 or 2.
Here’s what I can remember about the gameplay:

-It was played from a birds eye perspective if I remember correctly
-You had to collect cubes from all over the map that you stacked on a something times something square (?flashing?) and you created a unit of somekinds
-I can remember some of the units: A superman like fella’ that flied and shot lasers, a terminator type guy, tanks and all that kinds of stuff
-You could play against another player.
-If I remember correctly you could choose what stuff you can build before the match
-There is a little bit of the beginning of the story( I think it was the beginning)
I can somewhat remember. The guys you play as were having a party of somesorts and it was interrupted by something.

Now that that vague litte description is out of the way it’s your turn…

Oh and sorry for any typos or incoherrent text as english is not my mothertongue and this keyboard is not the most responsive type.
And thank you in advance for helping.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JokerJ061398:

Most likely Wizard’s Run

no, much older than that.

It’s not recent.
It has badges (I am mostly certain)
It’s has something to do with Resurrecting skells and casting spells,
you are a wizard walking around killing stuff
you have full movement (wasd (maybe mouse movement)
It is not necromicon
It’s not Wizard Run
Its not RotMG

Would it be the Merlin’s Revenge series?

Flag Post

I really need a game I played quite a long time ago but I searched Google and Kongregate many times and I can’t seem to find it.
I hope someone here remembers it and can provide me the name.

It is a game with the screen divided in three horizontal planes and in those parts you control three players at the same time. Only when all of these 3 players die you end playing.
It is set in medieval times and I think you control a knight or someone like that. You collect treasure or coins which after all the 3 players die you can buy stronger weapons, health points (I think resembled by hearts) and other things.
In the game you mostly jump on various platforms and avoid hazards and you have to look on each of the horizontal levels cause everything your player does on one plane (level) it does on the other 3.
I think you could collect also extra hearts during game play and when you collect enough when there is less than one player living the ones that are dead get reborn.
I think that also when you have all the 3 players living you get more money from the treasure.
You could also buy some keys using the collected coins or treasure to unlock bigger treasure chests in the game.
I don’t remember the name of the game but it could have the word “knight” in it but I am not sure…

Flag Post

I would like to add that this game is a flash game which is (or at least was) on Kongregate and I’m pretty sure it was featured when it was created…

Flag Post

Hello guys, I need to find a game here on kongregte that played some years ago. It’s a simulator of a game developer’s life, and the goal was to make a million dollars in 100 or 200 days. In the game you had to train skills like programing and webdesing, and could publish your games on various websites.
I worked hells to find this game, but of course i didn’t found, so im asking for help. I would be very grateful if someone here could recognise this game. Cheers guys