The "What was that game called?" Thread page 104

3999 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by zonotos:

The second game was an RTS game, similar to Age Of Empires. It pretty much was AoE except that it was fought on alien planets, and the characters were aliens. I believe it was run on DOS-box, but i do know it was incredibly old. My dad had the game when i was born (I think). The main reason i even remember this game is the little gray alien guy saying: “Daboo!” I would be amazed if anyone could give me the correct game here

Total stab in the dark, but, Dark Colony? It’s an RTS, it’s got little grey aliens, and they make weird noises. Came out in 1997.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OlieFan37:

There is this flash game that I remember in painful detail, but I can’t find it and I’d like your help. The game is a defense strategy game. You controlled a squad of solders defending an outpost from waves of enemies. The view is overhead. The structure resembles a black castle in the center of the map. I remember 3 classes: Soldier, Medic, and Engineer to fix the outpost. The units stayed inside the outpost and you have to move them around the perimeter to defend your outpost. After each level, a ship came for you to add more units or swap them out for a different class. Each units leveled up by experience not by purchasing upgrades. Black and gold stands out as the color scheme of the units/outpost/ship, and the ground was a light brown/tan. If I remember, you were fighting off aliens. Hope you can help find the game :)

Im not sure what your game is but it sounds almost like Starship troopers defense. The only problem was that wasn’t a game it was a custom made map on Warcraft frozen Throne. If i had to guess, and this is a total shot in the dark, but you may want to look up something along those lines or maybe lookup the map on warcraft…

Flag Post
Originally posted by basherrr:

There was a game recently on the front page. Very steampunkish and very similar to the Stormwinds series, but not included in it. You had a cannon you could upgrade, aim, and fire, and airships and trucks would attack. Can anyone help?

maybe the arrow of time?

Flag Post

I remember a game that was on the frontpage that was a kind of strategy game. You controlled units (such as knights, lances, elephant riders, and farmers) that depend on resources (Meat, metal, and wood) and you build buildings that allow you to produce said units.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FinalSolstice:

I remember a game that was on the frontpage that was a kind of strategy game. You controlled units (such as knights, lances, elephant riders, and farmers) that depend on resources (Meat, metal, and wood) and you build buildings that allow you to produce said units.

Sounds like this. Nano kingdoms

Flag Post

This game was a side-scrolling zombie game. The environment reminds me of the “Dad” games that I saw on new grounds and another game “Hobo.” The environment was also city-like if I remember correctly. The character uses a melee weapon or firearm to kill zombies, and unlocks weapons as the game progresses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nechestiv:

This game was a side-scrolling zombie game. The environment reminds me of the “Dad” games that I saw on new grounds and another game “Hobo.” The environment was also city-like if I remember correctly. The character uses a melee weapon or firearm to kill zombies, and unlocks weapons as the game progresses.

Could it be this?

Flag Post

What Kongregate game was this?

Erm Ok, I think it falls into these categories;

Mouse Only
Single Click

I remember you are a running character trying to get away from a fire, rocks, building collapses and all sorts.
I can’t remember what the character looked like – the game seems similar to the
Burito Bison games but running away from an apocalypse.
Hitting certain things as you go gets you speed and other bonuses

Any help would be great as I searched and cannot find it.
Cheers gamers!
Its not Dino or Canabalt – its similar to Canabalt except more colourful Character might be a ninja I think or superhero

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlukyChriso:

What Kongregate game was this?

Erm Ok, I think it falls into these categories;

Mouse Only
Single Click

I remember you are a running character trying to get away from a fire, rocks, building collapses and all sorts.
I can’t remember what the character looked like – the game seems similar to the
Burito Bison games but running away from an apocalypse.
Hitting certain things as you go gets you speed and other bonuses

Any help would be great as I searched and cannot find it.
Cheers gamers!
Its not Dino or Canabalt – its similar to Canabalt except more colourful Character might be a ninja I think or superhero

http://www.kongregate.com/games/benrad/flood-runner-3
This game seems to fit your description very closely in mechanics and visuals. It’s called Flood Runner 3

Flag Post

OlieFan37 – You are a Legend -——THANK YOU!
Love this game!

Flag Post

Hey Everybody!!
Maybe someone on here has played or seen this game before…
Its a conquer game like Solarmax, but with pirates.
Conquer islands, build defensive towers/cannons, and defend!

This game sound familiar to anyone??

Flag Post

Ok there was this game that i played which was awesome and i have been searching for it but gave up.

Game details: U are A guy in a blue shirt has this big sword and u can slice enemy “blobs”(lets just call em blobs). These blobs are different each color. (not a platform game but from a view above)

Green: Not dangerous but makes u stop for a second so that other blobs can get u

Blue: Zooms at u at a fast speed and kills u when touched with its vampire teeth.

Elemental blobs(again improvising a name): There are different types of this type. There is on made of oil one fire and i think there are a few others. When sliced they drop what there made of. When sliced fire ones they drop lava on the floor if u step on it u die (lol). With the oil one u just slip further away and might get killed.

Boss Blobs(give me credit): There is a queen and a king and they are very very hard to kill and the king is a lot bigger than the queen.

Other gameplay:

Awards: u can get awards for alot of different things like combos, kills, deaths ,etc.

Rewards: For getting awards (obviously the best thing to get is with the most awards).

So thats stuff that i remember about this game. I have been searching for about a week under every tag i think that it would go into so pleaase help!!!

Thank u

Flag Post

^
Amorphous+

Flag Post

I love u soooooooooo much fireseal u are the best person in the whole world. #NoHomo

Flag Post

Well my other one was never discovered by whatever, here’s a new one. This isn’t really a game, more of a game making engine. It was a game builder than was pixel-8bity, but could be made, with detailed art, into something better. You made all the components, the sprites for characters and objects(in a little pixel maker thingy where you decide the size and make it pixel by pixel.)And choose what it can do/does, and make different sprites for up down etc. movement. It was not downloaded, completely in-browser. I have been looking for over a year.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UrASmurf:

Well my other one was never discovered by whatever, here’s a new one. This isn’t really a game, more of a game making engine. It was a game builder than was pixel-8bity, but could be made, with detailed art, into something better. You made all the components, the sprites for characters and objects(in a little pixel maker thingy where you decide the size and make it pixel by pixel.)And choose what it can do/does, and make different sprites for up down etc. movement. It was not downloaded, completely in-browser. I have been looking for over a year.

Maybe RPG JS? Graphics are more 16-bit era and the interface looks like the RPG Maker series. I’m not completely sure the process of creating the game doesn’t require some download, but the games created with it are meant to played in your browser.

Flag Post

“I Saw this forum and clicked” When i was younger when the ps2 first came out there was this game. (IDK ALL DETAILS BECAUSE I WAS YOUNG) It may have starred gundams. It was definattaly an anime type of character you controlled, and there were these huge robots that u jumped to the top of them and could control them. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?! :D

Hopefully some of this made sense

Flag Post

Been looking for this one for a while now, last played it on newgrounds 5+ years ago.
Turn based strategy involving the characters fighting in mechs, turns went according to each character/monsters action bar which recharged over time.
Enemies would be randomly encountered, very much like in pokemon.
I recall the game ended with defeating a pirate that had looted equipment that was needed for repairing an air-ship to take the characters to the capital where they were to complete a task for the Main Character’s grandfather, a famous inventor.
This followed two similar mecha games by the same developer.

Edit: Finally found it, It’s Mobile Weapon Ep 1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lukey121197:

“I Saw this forum and clicked” When i was younger when the ps2 first came out there was this game. (IDK ALL DETAILS BECAUSE I WAS YOUNG) It may have starred gundams. It was definattaly an anime type of character you controlled, and there were these huge robots that u jumped to the top of them and could control them. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?! :D

Well…the closest thing I can think of is Robot Alchemic Drive (or, ‘RAD’). From what I remember you controlled a pilot with an antigravity device and could fly up to different places to remote control your mechs. It was anime styled.

There were a lot of mecha games for the early PS2 though, if that’s not it. Zone of the Enders was very anime styled. There was Gundam: Journey to Jaburo. Gungriffon Blaze was an early mech game but not really anime styled. Ring of Red is an excellent mecha strategy game, but nothing else fits. I believe there was at least one early Armored Core game as well. Just in case any of those ring a bell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:
Originally posted by Lukey121197:

Well…the closest thing I can think of is Robot Alchemic Drive (or, ‘RAD’). From what I remember you controlled a pilot with an antigravity device and could fly up to different places to remote control your mechs. It was anime styled.

There were a lot of mecha games for the early PS2 though, if that’s not it. Zone of the Enders was very anime styled. There was Gundam: Journey to Jaburo. Gungriffon Blaze was an early mech game but not really anime styled. Ring of Red is an excellent mecha strategy game, but nothing else fits. I believe there was at least one early Armored Core game as well. Just in case any of those ring a bell.

Yes! i searched a youtube video of RAD and Yes! Its THAT GAME! thank you so much :D Next stop…eBay!!!

Flag Post

I need help, I can’t remember the name of this game:
It is an old PC game, where you were in a house and you did different puzzles in each area of the house.
I can remember one puzzle in the kitchen where you had to sort the food into groups of colours that matched the monsters colour (This puzzle took place once you clicked the fridge). There was also a washing machine in the basement where you click it and it makes the jumper/sweater fly around. There was also a bit where you go to market.

Please help, thanks.

Flag Post

I need some help please! I can’t remember the name and some of the details…
It was a spaceship game, there were 2 mother-ships, one was green and the other one was yellow? (Lol Can’t Remember)… I cant remember anything else.. lol might be too vague D: need help TYVM IN ADVANCE

hopefully I can get help here

edit: I played it on freeworldgroup

Flag Post
Originally posted by OlieFan37:

There is this flash game that I remember in painful detail, but I can’t find it and I’d like your help. The game is a defense strategy game. You controlled a squad of solders defending an outpost from waves of enemies. The view is overhead. The structure resembles a black castle in the center of the map. I remember 3 classes: Soldier, Medic, and Engineer to fix the outpost. The units stayed inside the outpost and you have to move them around the perimeter to defend your outpost. After each level, a ship came for you to add more units or swap them out for a different class. Each units leveled up by experience not by purchasing upgrades. Black and gold stands out as the color scheme of the units/outpost/ship, and the ground was a light brown/tan. If I remember, you were fighting off aliens. Hope you can help find the game :)

Back2back

I looked through the top-rated defense games and found it on the 7th or so page.

Flag Post

That’s not the game Darkboy5846. Nor was it Warcraft.

Flag Post

i long time ago i remember playing a game where you played as a helicopter, it was 2d and side scrolling, you summoned units from your side of the field to fight their side of the field. it was a really old game, i think it was for doss. you could shoot bullets forward and drop bombs, and pick up your soldiers to drop them near building they could capture, and the only hard part was fighting the enemy helicopter, which would frecuently respawn. does anyone know what game im talking about? i remember it was really fun, at least at the time.