The "What was that game called?" Thread page 114

4025 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:

There was this game where a lot of people got trillions of points, some even got like 1e+36
You had a star, and I think you like jump and stuff and get points

Hello? Tell me. A lot of people got only like 5000 too.

CMON GUYS! Dont be a jerk ! Tell me!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:

There was this game where a lot of people got trillions of points, some even got like 1e+36
You had a star, and I think you like jump and stuff and get points

Hello? Tell me. A lot of people got only like 5000 too.

CMON GUYS! Dont be a jerk ! Tell me!

Maybe nobody can figure it out because your description is worthless. It’s a stickied thread. You don’t need to bump it. Repost every page or two if you must, but if you do, put some effort into describing it so you’re not just posting, ‘this game where people did stuff.’

That goes for like half the people in this thread, at that.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:

There was this game where a lot of people got trillions of points, some even got like 1e+36
You had a star, and I think you like jump and stuff and get points

Hello? Tell me. A lot of people got only like 5000 too.

CMON GUYS! Dont be a jerk ! Tell me!

This is just one of the many games of that sort (or you can check the other games by the dev. Almost all of them are about earning trillions of points). You can even get trillions of points in Flood Runner 2, or Epic Combo, or almost any button game with an API.

 
Flag Post

I was advised to redirect this topic of mine here:

Originally posted by Nocturo:

As far as I remember I played it 7 years ago. It was a turn based strategy browser game set in a fantasy world. Players would choose a map to play on (it was divided in different sectors) and would start a game together like in Warlords for example (yes, I mean the good old Warlords). BUT! There was only ONE turn per day (24h). During that time a player could decide where to move his armies, what spells to cast, there was an in-game messaging system (like email) where players could create alliances, discuss stuff etc.

Another thing about gameplay: when you captured a territory you would get a certain amount of soldiers on the next turn. I believe you had to build barracks there, or some other building for special creatures. One of those special creatures was a BLACK DRAGON. That I remember clearly, that’s for sure. They were big and had abilities, plus their cost was quite high. I think one could decide where to spawn more soldiers and where less. It was a really clever concept and fun indeed. Besides it was very beautiful in terms of interface and graphics. Everything was in place like with those games you see and are satisfied with, you know?

From it’s name I remember just parts – Shadow Land, Eternal Night, Eternal Darkness, Shadow, Dark… something like this. There were two words.

It was free to try, but for a full experience the creator asked 2$/month I think. NOW I regret that I haven’t payed more attention to this game at that time, because it was kinda ideal for me. No rush, you had plenty of time to think over your strategies, play clever…man. Who knows, maybe someone reads that here and decides to create a game with a similar concept? Well…

So, you gamers out there, any idea how the game was called and is it still alive? I doubt it, but “never say never”, right?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ds_914:

It was a war game, I’m not sure if it was on Kong or not.
It used a real map (so no tiles) so you could move your units regardless of the borderlines.
You could produce land, air, and sea units.

There was something like “Commander style,” which gave you bonuses and penalties.
You could conquer cities, which gave small income.
When you conquered a certain set of cities, you got more income.

For ground forces, you could have infantry and tank, but you could unlock more by spending points. you could produce marines (and maybe some more) later.
For navy, you could produce destroyer and troop transport, and later U-boat.
For air force, you could produce fighter and bomber, and later some drone that has a long range.

 
Flag Post

ok i’m trying to find this game, it was a pixelated platformer, you play as a dwarf (who’s a runt among dwarfs), you are in the mountains, and you go find fruit that gives you extra health and collect powers, you made decisions to kill things or not and it has different endings depending on what you do,

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by insaninater:

ok i’m trying to find this game, it was a pixelated platformer, you play as a dwarf (who’s a runt among dwarfs), you are in the mountains, and you go find fruit that gives you extra health and collect powers, you made decisions to kill things or not and it has different endings depending on what you do,

Endeavor

 
Flag Post

I’m trying to find this game i use to play about a year or so ago It was an online game with other people like the godfather five families but with world war 2 stuff like airplanes, trucks, tanks etc. Inside our city you had two districts, a military and an industrial district. if some one remembers it would be great

Thanks

 
Flag Post

Game description: You control a “zeplin” and plot points for a convoy to pass to while you move your zeplin around shooting at threats to the convoy.
Power up section included bigger guns, fast sailing time etc.

I dont even know if this would be under strategy or shooter. Could have sworn I saw it on here, but I cannot find it nor can I remember the name. It was a rough graphics game I think, but the game play strategy was excellent and challenging

 
Flag Post

I want to remember a game I played a few years ago. It was very simple: You began as a creature (I believe it was a bird), flying through the sky doing something to get “points” (they were useless, just to keep the player entertained). Throughout the whole game some amazing music played, which I want to hear again. Every now and then you morphed into a different creature, and into a different landscape. I tried searching things like “bird,” “music,” and “migration” but got nothing. Can anyone help me?

 
Flag Post

There’s this game I played a year or so ago and it was really fun. You scout warriors (Archers, Mages, Swordsmen, Horseback riders) but they were not called those names. You could train them with stuff like reading and punching? and improve their stats. Then you would join a league and fight another team every (fake) month. There are like four special warriors that you can scout. The graphics are sort of cartoony. Then, once you won the league, you got to face the king. I think it’s on Kongregate, but I have forgotten the name. Please help!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by hmaxim:

There’s this game I played a year or so ago and it was really fun. You scout warriors (Archers, Mages, Swordsmen, Horseback riders) but they were not called those names. You could train them with stuff like reading and punching? and improve their stats. Then you would join a league and fight another team every (fake) month. There are like four special warriors that you can scout. The graphics are sort of cartoony. Then, once you won the league, you got to face the king. I think it’s on Kongregate, but I have forgotten the name. Please help!

The King’s League

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Kinglet:

I want to remember a game I played a few years ago. It was very simple: You began as a creature (I believe it was a bird), flying through the sky doing something to get “points” (they were useless, just to keep the player entertained). Throughout the whole game some amazing music played, which I want to hear again. Every now and then you morphed into a different creature, and into a different landscape. I tried searching things like “bird,” “music,” and “migration” but got nothing. Can anyone help me?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/HotAirRaccoon/endless-migration
This may be it.
You can use your points to buy upgrades, so I’m not sure if this is right.

 
Flag Post

I played a game a few years ago made by Epic Shadow (who made Tower of Greed and Pixel Purge) and it’s not on his account anymore. It was a platformer with a girl who have a nightmare (I think) and must fight it in form of a black boss. I think it had a sword and could throw down meteors and other things like this. The game had day and night and at night the girl had the nightmare. She gained exp in everything by practicing it, so the more you jump the higher you will jump and so on. There was a kinda big world to explore and the game was fitting for the Retro and Pixel categories.

Another game I can’t find, was a minimalist platformer with only 1 screen levels and they were always black + another color, in the first levels it’s green and in the lasts it’s red. There was around 30 levels and the game had achievements. It also had enemies, and some items in form of a kinda round white light. Your character and enemies had white eyes and the character was kinda humanoid, I think he was kinda like the VVVVVV character.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I played a game a few years ago made by Epic Shadow (who made Tower of Greed and Pixel Purge) and it’s not on his account anymore. It was a platformer with a girl who have a nightmare (I think) and must fight it in form of a black boss. I think it had a sword and could throw down meteors and other things like this. The game had day and night and at night the girl had the nightmare. She gained exp in everything by practicing it, so the more you jump the higher you will jump and so on. There was a kinda big world to explore and the game was fitting for the Retro and Pixel categories.

Sounds like Level Up!

 
Flag Post

I played a game somewhere which was a like a coin collecting platformer, but the main mechanic was you rotated your camera 90 degrees around your character and then play 2D as if the other dimensions don’t exist.

 
Flag Post

I played a game a few months ago that was on the “Hot New Games” list. It consisted of having zombie test subjects that you could shoot, feed, play with, etc. to help you learn about the creatures. I can’t remember much about it, but I think it took place in a time after a zombie apocalypse, and every now and then, you would discover a recording or a journal of someone who was alive at that time.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

I played a game a few months ago that was on the “Hot New Games” list. It consisted of having zombie test subjects that you could shoot, feed, play with, etc. to help you learn about the creatures. I can’t remember much about it, but I think it took place in a time after a zombie apocalypse, and every now and then, you would discover a recording or a journal of someone who was alive at that time.

I know this. This is Lab of the Dead

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by T6salt:
Originally posted by michaelan:

I played a game a few months ago that was on the “Hot New Games” list. It consisted of having zombie test subjects that you could shoot, feed, play with, etc. to help you learn about the creatures. I can’t remember much about it, but I think it took place in a time after a zombie apocalypse, and every now and then, you would discover a recording or a journal of someone who was alive at that time.

I know this. This is Lab of the Dead

Aw yes, that’s it. Thanks a bunch.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by michaelan:

I played a game a few months ago that was on the “Hot New Games” list. It consisted of having zombie test subjects that you could shoot, feed, play with, etc. to help you learn about the creatures. I can’t remember much about it, but I think it took place in a time after a zombie apocalypse, and every now and then, you would discover a recording or a journal of someone who was alive at that time.

Lab of the Dead
Edit: Ninja’d while looking for it:)

Originally posted by Kidudeman:

I played a game somewhere which was a like a coin collecting platformer, but the main mechanic was you rotated your camera 90 degrees around your character and then play 2D as if the other dimensions don’t exist.

Sky Island

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ds_914:
Originally posted by Kinglet:

I want to remember a game I played a few years ago. It was very simple: You began as a creature (I believe it was a bird), flying through the sky doing something to get “points” (they were useless, just to keep the player entertained). Throughout the whole game some amazing music played, which I want to hear again. Every now and then you morphed into a different creature, and into a different landscape. I tried searching things like “bird,” “music,” and “migration” but got nothing. Can anyone help me?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/HotAirRaccoon/endless-migration
This may be it.
You can use your points to buy upgrades, so I’m not sure if this is right.

Nope, the point of the game was to listen to the music. The points aspect was only to keep you from getting bored. It wasn’t really a game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by betterplayer:

There was this game where a lot of people got trillions of points, some even got like 1e+36
You had a star, and I think you like jump and stuff and get points

Hello? Tell me. A lot of people got only like 5000 too.

CMON GUYS! Dont be a jerk ! Tell me!

This is just one of the many games of that sort (or you can check the other games by the dev. Almost all of them are about earning trillions of points). You can even get trillions of points in Flood Runner 2, or Epic Combo, or almost any button game with an API.

Hint: I once showed it in TC. It is like a platform game where you jump and you have a star.

 
Flag Post

I want to know this game. The story was that this guy was selling hotdogs and he got a experiment ketchup from someone. The ketchup turned everyone into zombies. The game had where you had 2 weapons to defend a cart of hotdogs from the zombies.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by lyle12:

I want to know this game. The story was that this guy was selling hotdogs and he got a experiment ketchup from someone. The ketchup turned everyone into zombies. The game had where you had 2 weapons to defend a cart of hotdogs from the zombies.

More Zombies

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Benjie007:
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I played a game a few years ago made by Epic Shadow (who made Tower of Greed and Pixel Purge) and it’s not on his account anymore. It was a platformer with a girl who have a nightmare (I think) and must fight it in form of a black boss. I think it had a sword and could throw down meteors and other things like this. The game had day and night and at night the girl had the nightmare. She gained exp in everything by practicing it, so the more you jump the higher you will jump and so on. There was a kinda big world to explore and the game was fitting for the Retro and Pixel categories.

Sounds like Level Up!

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT FOR SO LONG. Thank you!