The "What was that game called?" Thread page 121

4008 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hi678:

A long time ago (long long long) I remember I played a game where you are a baby polar bear (baby i think) and you dig down through coloured blocks of ice and if you ate too many in a row you got a brainfreeze and trapped in certain blocks were these weird worm things. If anyone knows what game it is it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Snowmuncher

That really gave me a pleasurable jolt of nostalgia too :p

Originally posted by paulvasi7:
Originally posted by paulvasi7:

So, bassicly this isn’t a game but it was an old program that runned these awesome old games that i can still remember, for example it had the first i think terminator games in which you had to shoot these robots and the game started with 3 billions years ago etc. It had donkey kong country which was a super cool game. Adding to that it had
a 2d ghost game which i think was based on the character casper the friendly ghost. If anyone knows the name of this program i dont know how to express my thankfulness to you.Also the program runned on PC

You make it sound like an emulator for a particular console. I did a bit of research, and there are multiple possible answers. NES/SNES or Gameboy seem likely choices (with Gameboy Advance being an unlikely one), so I will link you a bit so you can find the answer yourself.

1) The list of Terminator video games shows that there is a Terminator 1 game on SNES, and a Terminator 2 games on the Gameboy.

2) Donkey Kong Country was released on both the SNES and the Gameboy Color, though notably on the SNES first.

3) Casper for Gameboy and Casper for SNES both exist, and the info isn’t sufficient for me to pinpoint the right one.

There are emulators for each of the consoles mentioned, and you can find them easily by googling something like “[SNES/NES/GBA/GB] emulator for [Windows/Mac/Linux]” and downloading what you deem appropriate. I personally use(d) ZSNES for SNES emulation and VBA for GBA/GB emulation, but it is up to you.

As for the roms (what you use to run the games) to the games, you might have to hunt a bit. Downloading roms, though, is legal only if you possess the original cartridge of the game somewhere, so keep that in mind when looking ’em up.

Flag Post

I remember one that worked like a chess game but it was in space and you fought with starships but it didn’t play like chess. You tried to capture a pawn and you would have to battle the other ship to see who wins so even queens die when attacking.

I remember an old man that was on the heading.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bobolobodoo:

You have a green cloak and you shoot arrows
you can become a tank
or shoot fire,ice,or a normal arrow

Strategy Defense 2, by Belugerin. An old ancient game from the days when their games were original.

Flag Post

Does anyone know of this browser based game that was set in space and I remember all I did was just travel around to planets and sell stuff? And the community on the forums was super, super small. I’ve tried googling for awhile now and nothing has come up that even resembles the game I played, it was a couple or 3 years backish. Also the game screen was in 2D, it wasn’t a 3d-esque game like Runescape or whatever you wanna think of, that’s just what came to mind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Setari:

Does anyone know of this browser based game that was set in space and I remember all I did was just travel around to planets and sell stuff? And the community on the forums was super, super small. I’ve tried googling for awhile now and nothing has come up that even resembles the game I played, it was a couple or 3 years backish. Also the game screen was in 2D, it wasn’t a 3d-esque game like Runescape or whatever you wanna think of, that’s just what came to mind.

Many games are like this. Starfighter Disputed Galaxy, spore, etc.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Ok, it’s a game were your a giant robot with a boxing glove. You have to destroy a city. You can find upgrades for that boxing glove such as a bomb or a flail-type weapon. Eventually helicopters and stuff shoot at you and you have to block the bullets with your glove.

Flag Post

I actually found the game I was looking for, it’s called Black Market. And again I said browser based game, spore isn’t browser based and doesn’t even fit in that category hardly. And I doubt those other games are either. Anyway thanks, will probably be back later for other games… still on the lookout for good merchanting/trading games.

Flag Post

Ok, it was this game on kongregate, It fad floors, that increased in number as you went on. It hade the monsters from Balloon in a wasteland, and it had different turrets that you could place to automatically kill the monsters for you. You could buy guns for yourself to defend it manually, and you could switch between floors at ease. There was a turret that would blast a giant laser covering the whole floor, and some more turrets. I think the man you were playing as was the same one from balloon in a wasteland.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuperCaliFragil:

Ok, it was this game on kongregate, It fad floors, that increased in number as you went on. It hade the monsters from Balloon in a wasteland, and it had different turrets that you could place to automatically kill the monsters for you. You could buy guns for yourself to defend it manually, and you could switch between floors at ease. There was a turret that would blast a giant laser covering the whole floor, and some more turrets. I think the man you were playing as was the same one from balloon in a wasteland.

The Next Floor?

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaneldogg:

Ok, it’s a game were your a giant robot with a boxing glove. You have to destroy a city. You can find upgrades for that boxing glove such as a bomb or a flail-type weapon. Eventually helicopters and stuff shoot at you and you have to block the bullets with your glove.

Sounds like Roar Rampage, but with a dino instead of a robot

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:
Originally posted by AdeebNafees:

There was this game where a lot of people got trillions of points, some even got like 1e+36
You had a star, and I think you like jump and stuff and get points

Hello? Tell me. A lot of people got only like 5000 too.

CMON GUYS! Dont be a jerk ! Tell me!

This is just one of the many games of that sort (or you can check the other games by the dev. Almost all of them are about earning trillions of points). You can even get trillions of points in Flood Runner 2, or Epic Combo, or almost any button game with an API.

Hint: I once showed it in TC. It is like a platform game where you jump and you have a star.

Combine all my clues!

Combine all the clues. What is the game?

Starbound?

Flag Post

What was that game on kongregate where the resources are depleated and a huge war breaks out that destroys the earth and you control a space ship trying to fight the Japanese and Chinese who work together to take over. Post apoloclypse game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

What was that game on kongregate where the resources are depleated and a huge war breaks out that destroys the earth and you control a space ship trying to fight the Japanese and Chinese who work together to take over. Post apoloclypse game.

Spacecraft?

Flag Post

I am looking for a game i know i played on Kong before. you are a central immobile turret. shot at enemys. but this game had (what i recall) ~100 upgrades. I know they made a sequel to it too. It was a very simple game and was done in like all pastels. any thoughts would be great!

Flag Post

I’m a bit fuzzy on the details, but there was a game that was a bit From Dust/Populos-y that was in an isometric view. I think you could control elements, and your goal ( Ithink)was to conquer other colonies? ( I barely remember it , so that’s why I’m posting here).

Flag Post

Reprisal.

Flag Post

I’m looking for a game that is about thought-psyche-the mind. You choose to play in one of three categories, which are different types of action/adventure games, and your progress in these three categories is evaluated and your mind is put onto a “mind map” that has different historical figures on it that you compare to. I swear its name had something to do with thought or brain. Any info is appreciated!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Robby3rd:

I’m looking for a game that is about thought-psyche-the mind. You choose to play in one of three categories, which are different types of action/adventure games, and your progress in these three categories is evaluated and your mind is put onto a “mind map” that has different historical figures on it that you compare to. I swear its name had something to do with thought or brain. Any info is appreciated!

The End

Never got around completing it myself. Hope it doesn’t lag as much as it used to on my machine.

Flag Post

I want to remember a game…

It is a detective game, where you are (obviusly) a Detective who is in a case of murder. The general plot of this game is that the killer of the young lady (i think it was his niece or something) it is a vampire and you need to find to kill the vampire. You found the vampire in his house and the detective opened the window wo burn the vampire to ashes.

Sorry for my english.

Flag Post

I remember that I played it on NotDoppler, you controlled a ball trying to get to a certain point and as it went on there got to be things like rocket turrets trying to hit you, and the main worlds were called “Felt,” “Wood,” “Metal,” and one other one, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lalo45:

I want to remember a game…

It is a detective game, where you are (obviusly) a Detective who is in a case of murder. The general plot of this game is that the killer of the young lady (i think it was his niece or something) it is a vampire and you need to find to kill the vampire. You found the vampire in his house and the detective opened the window wo burn the vampire to ashes.

Sorry for my english.

Bela Kovacs and The Trail of Blood

Flag Post

I have a game
It was a platforming game i played a while back in 2009 or something. i think i played it on Armor games but im not sure.
i Seem to remember if you stopped moving a little bar would go down and if it was empty you would die. I think the character was a green blob like creature and there was an antagonist trying to put him off. The character was NOT a robot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jumping1:

I have a game
It was a platforming game i played a while back in 2009 or something. i think i played it on Armor games but im not sure.
i Seem to remember if you stopped moving a little bar would go down and if it was empty you would die. I think the character was a green blob like creature and there was an antagonist trying to put him off. The character was NOT a robot.

Was it concerned joe?

Flag Post
Originally posted by SuperCaliFragil:

Erm….. Repost?