The "What was that game called?" Thread page 139

4051 posts

Flag Post

I remember this game quite well.
You are a hiker, so your main goal is to conquer several snowy mountains.
There are three peaks, one harder than the previous one.

Before you go out on your adventure you have to wisely choose your supplies and gear.
However you have limited space in you back pack.
You also have a cane to check how solid the ice is before you step on it.

Among the several items you can bring with you are:
a flashligth
Whisky (To keep yourself warm)
water
Chocolate
rope
a tent
sugar

etc etc

Due to the really long distance you may travel, night will come and youll have to sleep on the outdoors.

does anybody know this game?!

Flag Post

It’s an old game from many years ago. You control this small city of tiny creatures. You manage resources and take care of the city(and increase its happiness). There is events such as plagues or hunger strikes. I’m not really sure of more details.

Would be appreciated if anyone knows it.

Flag Post

Mobile game where you control a ball and roll on things and they stick on you and your ball gets bigger and bigger and sticks bigger and bigger objects

Flag Post

Any1 seen a dragonballz rpg, it was demo around 6-7 years ago and most of the npcs were ash n chars from other anime, the demo ended with you battling jiece who turned into a dragon

Flag Post

oh and u could fight ghosts, arachnids and slimes in random battles, it was turn based game, it had goku, piccolo, gohan, krillin and vegeta(vegeta was found around noth east in a snowy region), and the means to transport from island to island was some flying super saiyan doll, i guess, not nimbus for sure.

Flag Post

Google was not my friend this time :(
So there is this game I’ve been searching for an entire day but no avail. It’s a fairly new game (Possibly dating from 2011 or something like that). It was a very unique game. The players control a personalized avatar from a third-person-perspective. They would construct 3D worlds using variety of models and options in a “game making engine environment of some sort”. The genre of the constructed games would always be 3D platformer/hack ‘n’ slash/adventure (This may not be entirely true,however). The models available, for building levels and maps, would be very limited to the player at the very beginning of the game. After completing the game the player would upload it to the site from which the game engine originates from, the other players would play it and he would earn experience and some kind of money that would allow him to purchase more models, scripts, characters…etc. in a some sort of asset store. And as a result build more advanced games. Besides purchasing individual models the store also had “sets” (Bunch of models in a single package for sale) and there was a “Pirate Set” of models, I think. Also, if I recall correctly the graphics were gorgeous (some of the levels built by the community had incredibly lush scenery reminding of Far Cry islands). The game was not entirely free as well, certain parts were only available to paying players.
Any ideas on what it might be called? :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrunchyPelvis:

So there is this game I’ve been searching for an entire day but no avail. It’s a fairly new game (Possibly dating from 2011 or something like that). It was a very unique game. The players control a personalized avatar from a third-person-perspective. They would construct 3D worlds using variety of models and options in a “game making engine environment of some sort”. The genre of the constructed games would always be 3D platformer/hack ‘n’ slash/adventure (This may not be entirely true,however). The models available, for building levels and maps, would be very limited to the player at the very beginning of the game. After completing the game the player would upload it to the site from which the game engine originates from, the other players would play it and he would earn experience and some kind of money that would allow him to purchase more models, scripts, characters…etc. in a some sort of asset store. And as a result build more advanced games. Besides purchasing individual models the store also had “sets” (Bunch of models in a single package for sale) and there was a “Pirate Set” of models, I think. Also, if I recall correctly the graphics were gorgeous (some of the levels built by the community had incredibly lush scenery reminding of Far Cry islands). The game was not entirely free as well, certain parts were only available to paying players.

sounds like minecraft.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dainiuskinas:

Mobile game where you control a ball and roll on things and they stick on you and your ball gets bigger and bigger and sticks bigger and bigger objects

Katamari Damacy Mobile? (btw, I didn’t know there was a mobile version)

Flag Post
Originally posted by CrunchyPelvis:

i think this was’gamecrafter’ or ‘playcrafter’ (names something like that…..) its however been shutdown now

Flag Post

I search game with this characters:

Thief
Gentelmen
Timberman
10 achievements Psycho
15 achievements Policeman

Flag Post

I remember playing a game that goes something like this:
The game randomly generates “creatures” with random movements
The game tests those creatures movement and distance
The game “breeds” the top creatures and test them again.
And so on

Flag Post

Hi everyone. I have been searching for a game based upon the following description. Any help would be great!

- Online Multiplayer Game – PC (may have been available through Steam as this was where i played 95% of my games)
- Was available as a free to play online demo but purchase to include more features.
- Had to be within the last 4-9 years since graphics were pretty decent.
- The free demo came with one race which resembled Indians. Pay version had some sort of beasts and maybe a 3rd race.
- Each round started off with both teams controlling units in 3rd person.
- I believe I remember having to attack (hit) either a gold mine or something (maybe NPC units) to gain money/gold for our team. The money was then used to upgrade the units (armor/attack) and unlock new ones. I believe there was some ranged unit and a high hitpoint unit.
- Each time you die, you had to wait a limited amount of time before you can spawn again with a new unit.
- It was a WASD game with mouse clicking to attack.

The image that keeps popping into my head is seeing my Indian unit swinging his axe at either structures or other players to gain resources and then being upgraded as the round went on. Its even possible that I had to return to base to drop off these resources. If I died, I had to respawn but could pick a different unit if they were available. Each round was a good 30minutes to an hour and your name was displayed with score (I believe)

Thank you much!

Flag Post

Hmmm. Not sure why my first post was removed, but I will try again.

Does anyone recall a game like this?

- Online muliplayer, PC. May have been available through Steam.
- Team battles where you control a until through 3rd person. In the demo version this unit resembled an Indian warrior but full version had other races.
- Purpose of the game was for you and your team to acquire resources by hitting either NPC’s or enemy players for resources to upgrade your own units to better fight the enemy players.
- If you died, you had to wait to respawn for a limited time. Depending on upgrades, you may even be able to select a different type of unit.
- The maps/levels were pretty bright colored and controls were fairly simple with WASD and clicking to hit.

Any help is much appreciated!

Flag Post

Hello.
Could you please remind me name of the game about cats?
It was point’n’click game, where you were playing as black cat seeking his girlfriend – the pink cat. It had very simple graphics, and ended with pink cat attending some disco.
Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dryfclr5:

I remember playing a game that goes something like this:
The game randomly generates “creatures” with random movements
The game tests those creatures movement and distance
The game “breeds” the top creatures and test them again.
And so on

Maybe http://www.boxcar2d.com/

Flag Post

I think the gameplay was like Epic War (sending troops from left to right) but you had a kingdom with buildings and you received gold every turn.

And you could upgrade the mines and exchange gold for crystals or something. Just can’t remember what game it was.

Flag Post

It’s a pixely Action RPG/platforming game. Scoured Kong but can’t find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight or Terraria.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There’s a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that’s too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.
*The game ends at a castle against an evil wizard.
*The game seemed like one big map that were separated into smaller sections; I don’t seem to recall any loading or changing of the screen.

It’s NOT Hero’s Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

Flag Post

@ 1337al
Hey, thanks for reply, but it isn’t either. I figured it out however, and for anyone interested it’s GameGlobe :)

Anyway, now I’m on a search for another one:
-It’s fairly old game;
-Genre is Action/Platformer
-It reminds me of Trine (except much,much older)
-The player controls either a Wizard or a Knight (Wizard would be “ranged-type” while Knight “meele-type” character);
-I’m not entirely sure, but I think the game’s goal was to roam the level and collect different emeralds/gems/diamonds (which by the way, had been casting pretty/flashy glows around them), and battle off monsters and such.
-The graphics were NOT pixelated/old-school, but rather pre-rendered 3D-ish (The game is 2D);

Flag Post

I am trying to remember the name of a game i played probably 2 years ago.. it is kind of like risk but not really. i know you can play with either computers or real people from all over the world. i believe that it even has a chat box too. you get to decide where your extra men go and you can also make your own game board and have others come and play. there were different levels too. i think that it has its own domain name as well. that is about all that i can remember.

Flag Post

i search for a game that i’m almost sure is on this site, you where the helper of a hero and had to manage his inventory in a tetris stile game as he killed enemies… cant remember the name XP and i played it ages a go

Flag Post

Sounds like you want Help the Hero.

Flag Post

yes, thank you very much :D

Flag Post

It’s a pixely Action RPG/platforming game. Scoured Kong but can’t find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight or Terraria.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There’s a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that’s too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.
*The game ends at a castle against an evil wizard.
*The game seemed like one big map that were separated into smaller sections; I don’t seem to recall any loading or changing of the screen.

It’s NOT Hero’s Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

Flag Post

I don’t want to cut in before Crymzonblaze’s is answered, but I’m looking for a game that was like a dungeon crawler (I think that’s the name of the genre) where at the beginning you would choose a class and race that affected your starting skills/spells. If you got far enough, I believe you would unlock more things for your next time playing. Equipment that you picked up would also give you spells/skills. One of them was like a dash. I seem to remember that one of the character combinations you could make that was very strong was Vampire Necromancer. Thanks in advance for any help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Roxim:

I don’t want to cut in before Crymzonblaze’s is answered, but I’m looking for a game that was like a dungeon crawler (I think that’s the name of the genre) where at the beginning you would choose a class and race that affected your starting skills/spells. If you got far enough, I believe you would unlock more things for your next time playing. Equipment that you picked up would also give you spells/skills. One of them was like a dash. I seem to remember that one of the character combinations you could make that was very strong was Vampire Necromancer. Thanks in advance for any help.

I think you’re looking for Hack Slash Crawl. (And don’t worry about cutting — certainly a lot of these are ones that nobody knows, so no sense in waiting in that case.)