The "What was that game called?" Thread page 160

4106 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rikkin:

Hello!
I’m searching for an old game, I remember playing it on PC.
It was a puzzle-solving game, I think it was a black and white scenario (something similar to LIMBO game). In this game you had to play with 3 characters to solve puzzles, but you had to use each one separately, I think each one had an unique ability and it was necessary to use them like team, so in the end it was necessary to use all 3 to solve the problem. One character was a girl, the other two were a fat man that had a shield and a thin man.
Any ideas?

Sounds like Trine or Trine 2.

Flag Post

This is probably wrong as it doesn’t match all the descriptions, but it does match many of them.

You might be looking for The Lost Vikings 2. There are three men instead of two men and a woman, and it wasn’t black and white, but everything else seems to match with three simultaneous characters with unique abilities used to solve a puzzle and one of them carrying a shield.

Edit: Nevermind, 123aaa789 is probably right.

Flag Post

I’ve been trying to find a game for a while now, but I can’t seem find it anywhere.

It was set in space, you had a ship and a large mobile space station (think its name was something like Aegis?). You could destroy asteroids for resources that were then used to build ship components/whole new ships, or used to research new components/ships. Each area in the game was called a node I think, and you had to use the board the station to move between them. There were different types of nodes, regular, warp node, friendly, hostile (which had infinite resources and angry space worms that could one-shot you), and boss nodes. After either mining a couple of nodes dry or meeting a race of droids in a friendly node(I forgot which), hostile aliens would begin to hunt you, as well as mine other nodes to deny you resources. To stop them, you had to help the droids with a variety of (forgettable) missions, which would reward you with overpowered tech, and the location of the boss node. Destroying the boss halted production of new alien units for that “zone”, and there were 5 zones in all (which could be traversed via warp nodes). If your ship was destroyed, everything on it was lost, but you automatically launched an escape pod so you could get back to the station (which I think automatically started moving towards you if that happened). If either your escape pod or the station was destroyed, game over. Also, all the menu buttons were lightish blue.

I originally downloaded it off of Reflexive (which is now dead) around 2007-ish, although the game could be older then that.
I think it has “star” somewhere in its name.
Basically, I know everything about it EXCEPT the name.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rebelrabbit:

[Removed to save space]

Might be Starscape, but that’s mostly a guess.

Flag Post

I played a 2D tactical/rts online multiplayer game of sorts a couple years ago and can’t find it anymore on Kongregate. If anyone knows which game it is, or what happened to it, please help me out.
Here’s what I can remember:

After the tutorial part, you hired anime style heroes and built up a medieval/fantasy looking city, rts style. Your city could fly and move around the world map, you also had a sci-fi looking airship of sorts, I think it was red? You could send your heroes out with troops to attack dungeons, capture mines/ruins, besiege other players, that sort of thing. From what I recall the combat was very tactics driven, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by rebelrabbit:

[Removed to save space]

Might be Starscape, but that’s mostly a guess.

YEEEEEESS, Thank You! I’ve been looking on and off for that game for over a year now.
You sir, rock.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yoshitime76:

This game is something where you control a human, and with a button, you also control an eagle/hawk, and I believe there was a story to it. It was kind of silhouette-ish and almost like a platformer, but not really.

Can anyone help? I’d be grateful.

armed with wings 3. it might also be one of the games before that, but i only played the third one.

Flag Post

I remember playing a text-based game that wasn’t on Kongregate.
It was like second life but text-based. It was on it’s own website and you could become prime minister of a nation and stuff.
You could become a soldier and fight other nations.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saabmarc_10:

I am seraching for a game it start that two man is draging me to some kind of hospital then they do some experiment on me and when i wake up i would have super natural powers i can drag items without touching them at first and then i can disapear and do a lot of things all the game i dont have a gun to kill and when it starts i use my powers to open the door of my room in the hospital that is all i remember plizz help i am searching for it but cant find any one whou know it’s name and thanks :D

As interesting as that description is, it honestly makes me think that you’re talking about Portal: Flash Version

Flag Post

There was this one game a few years back, it was a side scrolling 2d RPG adventure sort of thing. You could do different moves/skills you could buy with gold, decapitate enemies, and whenever you completed a level there were these little circles you could click to travel to different levels. Also, whenever you completed a level, you could get new skills n’ stuff sitting by the campfire which was basically a shop. There also was a different version of it where it was RTS and kinda like age of war, but a different name. So if anyone could tell me, I’d appreciate it

Flag Post

That might be Warlords: Heroes, and the kind of RTS thing might be of the same franchise Warlords: Call To Arms.

It might be some other game in the franchise since there were a lot of games made by the same dev.

Flag Post

Hmm … Missing the name of that crappy flash game about landing on a foreign planet, which says “Hope is dwindling” and “Hope rekindled! Time to move on”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

you played as a experiment you move with the mouse, moved using jet pack avoiding lasers and what not, i think there was coin collecting, you were able to buy upgrades , it had in game achievements, the experiment looked like eva from wall-e. in game the ai taunts you, says that there was others before you, and the will test if you are worthy , to see how far you can go, and saying they might release the one after you if you fail

Flag Post

OK guys, this might be the stupidest most vague description everyone’s put in here. I remember playing a game either on the SNES or NES. It was a Shoot’Em Up/ Bullet Hell game that started somewhere above a bright blue ocean with layers of clouds. The game had a pretty kiddish appearance with ships looking like candy. You could combine your ship with either different parts you found or your team-mate’s (can’t remember which). This is all I remember. I’d be grateful if anyone could tell me the name .__.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hok0003:
Originally posted by Nerdsoft:
Originally posted by Nerdsoft:

I used to have this racing game, it was for PC and you could do quite a lot of stuff. It was mission-based, but with freeplay too (I think). Your character was anonymous as you couldn’t leave the car.
The setting was either London (as a taxi driver) or San Francisco as a stuntman (there were two campaigns). There was an enormous choice of vehicles, I played it in the 2000s and it was number 2 in the series.

Derp. In case I didn’t clarify, it wasn’t a flash game and it wasn’t on a site. Again, 2000s.

Midtown Madness 2.

Oh joy! I can now die in peace.

Flag Post

the game was on kong or still is don’t remember , its not jet pack joyride, also i said the experiment looked like eva from wall-e, does barry look like eva to you?! also barry is not a externment he stole the jet pack

Originally posted by saabmarc_10:
Originally posted by KingArt777:

you played as a experiment you move with the mouse, moved using jet pack avoiding lasers and what not, i think there was coin collecting, you were able to buy upgrades , it had in game achievements, the experiment looked like eva from wall-e. in game the ai taunts you, says that there was others before you, and the will test if you are worthy , to see how far you can go, and saying they might release the one after you if you fail

it’s jetpack joyride

Flag Post

I found it, i was wrong it was not mouse controlled and the character did not look like eva it looks like the scientists from jetpack joy ride it was Omega Box http://www.kongregate.com/games/IronZilla/omega-box

Flag Post

I am seraching for a game it start that two man is draging me to some kind of hospital then they do some experiment on me and when i wake up i would have super natural powers i can drag items without touching them at first and then i can disapear and do a lot of things all the game i dont have a gun to kill and when it starts i use my powers to open the door of my room in the hospital that is all i remember plizz help i am searching for it but cant find any one whou know it’s name and thanks :D

Flag Post

I am searching for this one game where you manage a company that makes games. There are a few sizes of games, different works you can put people on at and such. The graphics were pretty simple, I think

Flag Post
Originally posted by aaro54:

I am searching for this one game where you manage a company that makes games. There are a few sizes of games, different works you can put people on at and such. The graphics were pretty simple, I think

Could be Game Dev Tycoon.

Flag Post

Hmmm, I remember a very good game, I can’t say it was old or anything, probably it was from 6-7 years ago, even more idk. All I remember from it is that you were a guy that had to go through some buildings, missions actually ( or you had to defend your base idk ) to kill a big variety of enemies. I remember that you had a lot of gears, for examples some kind of that Terror Drone from Red Alert 2 but in a bigger scale because it is supposed to be seen as human POV ( it could have been an enemy also if you would have encountered it )… Another thing I remember is kind of blurry, is its logo or symbol, it could have even been the icon from the desktop, was something like an eagle (not a real one tho, looks more mechanic made, something like Emporio Armani’s logo) that has the american colors I guess, somewhere around there. The left wing was red, the middle of the bird white, and the right wing blue, or viceversa. I remember you could have chosen to go silently, you had some powers I guess that would let you see the heat through walls and everything. Since it’s human POV, it is a FPS. That’s all I remember for now, if you guys could tell me just the name of a game that would be similar, I would check the HUD and I would instantly recognise it. Thank you in advance, I really hope you guys know this game, because I used to play it like crazy.

Flag Post

What about that game where you battle on a platform against each other with like 100 diffrent charactors. Kinda like this game: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J1GDF-_KvqAKLQ43s_sguyCDWdW3fwBir8hJcm7waNw/edit?usp=sharing

Flag Post

Okay, so the game I’m looking for is on Kongregate. It was a dark platformer about this character that looked like a squat black rectangle. After playing through for a while, some unlockable game mechanics were the double jump and a disable gravity mechanic. The entire story was very morbid, as was the music, and the entire game was in a black and white. Also, I think I recall the title being only one word. Anyone can give me a quick reminder as to which game this was?

Flag Post

I remember something like that.

The story was about a Robot trying to escape his mother.