The "What was that game called?" Thread page 89

3763 posts

Flag Post

Was it World Domination? I don’t think so, but there are a lot of flash strategy games like the one you described.

What was the name of the game where you were this box person inside this person’s mind. It was a point-and-click kind of game. There were a couple of games in the story, if i remember correctly. I remember there was some kind of overbearing mother who was shown as the villain. It was a kind of game that doesnt make sense at the beginning, but you slowly get it.

Flag Post

^Time Fcuk? Gateway 2?

like Novelty, you’ll have to add more information.

Flag Post

It was world war 1 / 2 / cold war themed.

You basically set how many people does what. Eg 2 for recruiters, 3 for scrap metal collectors, 1 spies. Then you assign your planes to certain places based on your intelligence reports, and if you don’t defeat them your cities take damage.

Flag Post

It’s a couple of flash games that I’ve played on Kongregate for sure, probably saw it on Newgrounds too, where the art is not exactly 8-bit, but fairly pixelated. These are two similar games i think….

I just remember that you’re stranded and that you either need to fix your car or your balloon, and the game is basically a shooter. One is about zombies i think, and the other is just these silhouette of odd shaped creatures (there’s a bird, a few different sizes of slime like things, and sometimes, a really tall, large lump).

I know in at least one of these you can build turrets (i’m thinking the silhouette one). These include a healing station and a tower that you can climb and whatever else. I’m more interested in the one with the car, but i dont remember too much about it. By the way, they’re both side view shooters, where you can shoot 360 degrees around your character, and you move around with WASD.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jatunda:

It’s a couple of flash games that I’ve played on Kongregate for sure, probably saw it on Newgrounds too, where the art is not exactly 8-bit, but fairly pixelated. These are two similar games i think….

I just remember that you’re stranded and that you either need to fix your car or your balloon, and the game is basically a shooter. One is about zombies i think, and the other is just these silhouette of odd shaped creatures (there’s a bird, a few different sizes of slime like things, and sometimes, a really tall, large lump).

I know in at least one of these you can build turrets (i’m thinking the silhouette one). These include a healing station and a tower that you can climb and whatever else. I’m more interested in the one with the car, but i dont remember too much about it. By the way, they’re both side view shooters, where you can shoot 360 degrees around your character, and you move around with WASD.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/balloon-in-a-wasteland?acomplete=ballon+in

Flag Post

A puzzle platformer where the main character wears a cowboy hat or something similar.

If you have several, name them all.

Flag Post

Alright, sometime a couple years ago I was on another gamesite playing a space exploration game, I think it’s called “evolution” maybe? The point of the game is to discover 30 different galaxies playing as white circles connected to eachother. Other computer creatures big and small look like the same thing, sometimes triangle-shaped. You control your little creature with your mouse. Moving your tiny little monster toward other shapes will automatically cause your shape to bite the other shape-creature, making it lose an orb (or orbs, if you continue eating from it). These orb ‘thingys’ are used to evolve your creature, making it bigger and slightly faster.

Sorry, that’s all I remember of it.

Flag Post

The first game you’re looking for is Dude and Zombies.

The second is Balloon in a Wasteland.

Here’s a challenge for all of you. I don’t expect anyone to be able to identify either of these, but it would be a nice surprise. I played both of these in the early 1990s. One was on a computer; one was on a sort of pseudo-computer that I don’t remember well enough to describe accurately. The first game involved guiding a yellow submarine through a maze-like reef environment; you had to fire torpedoes or something similar (presumably at fish) to protect yourself. Although I can’t provide the date the game was made, I would have played it somewhere between 1993 and 1995, and I can’t imagine it was made before 1990.

The second game was very simple visually. You basically controlled a large pixel, which you guided through a maze, collecting yellow squares (presumably gold). Once you had collected all the gold (I think), an exit to the maze would appear. You were pursued by what I vaguely recall was a ghost pirate, a pixel that chased you and could move though walls. I played this game sometime between 1992 and 1995, but it was so basic that it’s possible it was made in the 1980s. Thus, I can’t provide any sort of release date other than that I’m fairly sure it was no later than 1993.

I’d be very grateful if someone could identify either one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:

Here’s a challenge for all of you. I don’t expect anyone to be able to identify either of these, but it would be a nice surprise. I played both of these in the early 1990s. One was on a computer; one was on a sort of pseudo-computer that I don’t remember well enough to describe accurately. The first game involved guiding a yellow submarine through a maze-like reef environment; you had to fire torpedoes or something similar (presumably at fish) to protect yourself. Although I can’t provide the date the game was made, I would have played it somewhere between 1993 and 1995, and I can’t imagine it was made before 1990.

The second game was very simple visually. You basically controlled a large pixel, which you guided through a maze, collecting yellow squares (presumably gold). Once you had collected all the gold (I think), an exit to the maze would appear. You were pursued by what I vaguely recall was a ghost pirate, a pixel that chased you and could move though walls. I played this game sometime between 1992 and 1995, but it was so basic that it’s possible it was made in the 1980s. Thus, I can’t provide any sort of release date other than that I’m fairly sure it was no later than 1993.

For the first game, could it be In Search of Dr. Riptide? That seems to be EXACTLY what you described, it was made in 1994. As for the other one, I can’t really find/think of anything, but I’ll be sure to get back to you if anything.

Flag Post

Looking for a Flash game that I think I played here on Kong. It might have been on another site, though I doubt it. It’s a squad level strategy game played from a side view. You control a team of four (I think) people; the leader is an Arnold Schwarzenegger clone (even speaks in an Austrian accent, if I recall), I think there’s some big heavy weapons guy, a lighter framed guy, and a woman.

The gameplay focuses on ordering your units to move up to elements of cover, like large boxes and containers, and then engaging the enemy. It goes like that from mission to mission with some cutscenes here and there. It’s a bit side scroller-like in that, as I said, it’s a side view of the action and you move through the level from left to right. It actually looks a little like a strategy version of a beat-em up. But with guns. Characters have different abilities like a melee move or varied types of fire. There’s probably some element of equipping the team and upgrading, but I really don’t recall.

Thanks for any help.

Flag Post

^i don’t know it, but i suspect it’s a movie-based game. either Total Recall, the Terminator, or perhaps Commando.

i played a Commodore 64 game exactly like you described about 20 years ago (without voice acting though, obviously).

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

^i don’t know it, but i suspect it’s a movie-based game. either Total Recall, the Terminator, or perhaps Commando.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s a movie based game. It’s relatively recent, and a Flash game with good graphics. I’ve seen just about every Arnie movie out there, so I’m sure it’s not any of the ones you listed. The Schwarzenegger clone character in the game I’m thinking of was just a tongue in cheek nod to the action hero genre. Still, thanks for trying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Setolo:
Originally posted by Precarious:

For the first game, could it be In Search of Dr. Riptide? That seems to be EXACTLY what you described, it was made in 1994. As for the other one, I can’t really find/think of anything, but I’ll be sure to get back to you if anything.

I think this is it! Thank you so much; I’ve been trying to track these down for years.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

^Time Fcuk? Gateway 2?

like Novelty, you’ll have to add more information.

Yep, that was it (Gateway).
Yeah, now that i look my explanation over, it is pretty confusing. Sorry. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Flag Post

There was an old game I played I believe it was for the N64 if I recall… I remember most of the stuff that took place on the game, and I believe I even still have it. However over the past years the game’s cover was torn apart and now I can’t see the name. I completely forgot the name of the game. So now I’m going to ask you guys :}.

The game was basically like transformers, it was about fighting transforming robots, I remember quite clearly my favorite character, it was a robot that transformed into a cheetah. I also remember there was some sort of bug-like robot that could spit out some sort of net that you couldn’t move in. The game was basically arcade style, like that of Tekken where you fight side by side (not 100% sure) and you have to get the opponents health down to win, however if I remember correctly it was 3D. I think it was also 2 players, where you could fight against a friend. I think that’s about all I can really give. Would greatly appreciate it whoever can figure the name.

Flag Post

There was an old game I played I believe it was for the N64 if I recall… I remember most of the stuff that took place on the game, and I believe I even still have it. However over the past years the game’s cover was torn apart and now I can’t see the name. I completely forgot the name of the game. So now I’m going to ask you guys :}.

The game was basically like transformers, it was about fighting transforming robots, I remember quite clearly my favorite character, it was a robot that transformed into a cheetah. I also remember there was some sort of bug-like robot that could spit out some sort of net that you couldn’t move in. The game was basically arcade style, like that of Tekken where you fight side by side (not 100% sure) and you have to get the opponents health down to win, however if I remember correctly it was 3D. I think it was also 2 players, where you could fight against a friend. I think that’s about all I can really give. Would greatly appreciate it whoever can figure the name.

Transformers: Beast Wars? …or is that too obvious?

Flag Post

I really want to the name of this game. Ok it was an old game for the PS1 and you played as a little crocodile it was 3d mario type of game. Anyone know what game this is?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

Hahaha wow, that’s it. Thanks! I actually didn’t think it was Transformers. I suppose I had forgotten over the years.

Originally posted by kevman9:

I really want to the name of this game. Ok it was an old game for the PS1 and you played as a little crocodile it was 3d mario type of game. Anyone know what game this is?

I believe that’s Croc. If not please give more information :}

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

Hahaha wow, that’s it. Thanks! I actually didn’t think it was Transformers. I suppose I had forgotten over the years.

Originally posted by kevman9:

I believe that’s Croc. If not please give more information :}

Yeah it was Croc thanks now the memories are flowing back

Flag Post

Oh god. There was this amazing music game. I played it on Kongregate once. It had a massive selection of music. And it had some music videos, and the playability was kind of weird. It had both Japanese, and American songs, and it had boss battles. I think the last two words were : “2, Spacebattle” or something…D:
Nevermind-found it. It’s Djmaniax/ Thanks to the guy who posted it before. xD

Flag Post

I know this game was on Kong, it had badges. I just can’t remember it’s name for Lord’s sake. >.>

It was a very “Shadow of the Colossus”-like game, where you had to jump’n’run your way up some gigantic superbeings and at the top, drive a sword in their head.
Any help please?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rydstrom_Woede:

I know this game was on Kong, it had badges. I just can’t remember it’s name for Lord’s sake. >.>

It was a very “Shadow of the Colossus”-like game, where you had to jump’n’run your way up some gigantic superbeings and at the top, drive a sword in their head.
Any help please?

http://www.kongregate.com/games/ArmorGames/heir Have fun!

Flag Post

Awesome! Thanks!

Flag Post

It was a game set in the future where cloned dinosaurs overran a city and you are sent in to kill them with all the usual high tech weaponry. It was on pc and I played it in the early 2000’s. I remember the first level, where you get of a dropship on a mission to find a crashed ship. Does anyone know this game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by megajake777:

It was a game set in the future where cloned dinosaurs overran a city and you are sent in to kill them with all the usual high tech weaponry. It was on pc and I played it in the early 2000’s. I remember the first level, where you get of a dropship on a mission to find a crashed ship. Does anyone know this game?

Carnivores Cityscape?