The "What was that game called?" Thread page 91

3960 posts

Flag Post

can u help me to get the game wich looked like this:
you where jumping around with just a head on a small area and a gun
was basicly ment for multiplayer
and there was an option to put your micrphone up and yell bang in it to shoot
also a small map creator part in it,
and also could customize the head u played with with glasses hair or any assecoires

hope enuf info been given :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by merrycoat:

Okie doker, let’s see if I can find this game..

It’s a flash game, and it’s a turn-based strategy game. You move your soldiers around to different areas and then have them shoot at stuff. It’s 3D but the camera angle is the same in each mission. The setting is post-apoc themed but many of the maps have trees and grass and stuff. There were nearly always two teams in each mission. The people you play as (the “good” guys) were your basic soldier, each one was automatically equipped with an assault rifle and pistol. The “bad” guys were either these “rebel” soldiers who could be equipped with any number of weapons, or aliens! And the aliens had pretty crazy weapons. Now I don’t recall if you could pick up weaponry, I believe that you couldn’t, but I remember that as the game progressed you could research and purchase alien weapons as well as better human ones. There wasn’t any real plot, the player has to save humanity by commanding these soldiers, yaddayaddayadda, you get the idea, but the first couple of levels weren’t about fighting off aliens, they were focused on killing the rebel soldiers in their forts or bases or wherever they might be. But as the levels progressed and around level 2 or 3 aliens attacked a soldier airport and you had to kill all the aliens that were there, and from that point it was just killing everywhere. I also know that the aliens had a gun that shot little plasma bubbles or something, but they were distinctly bubble like. The terrain was also rather destructible, allowing you to shoot at and then through walls to hit your targets. Most levels had fog of war/range of vision as well. I also remember one mission being that you have to enter an alien mothership, grab a control chip or something, and then leave. Lots of the later missions involved directly combating the aliens. I’d love some help because I’d like to beat the game for old time’s sake. Thanks!

Sounds like a warhammer 40k to me :P

Flag Post

Im looking for what I believe is a strategy game. There were two versions of basically the same game. One where you built a hotel, and the other where you built a business. I believe in the business you made buttons or widgets (something simple and ridiculous). It was a 2D game where you could build up, left, or right. You were able to hire and upgrade workers as well as rooms. There were speicality rooms like gyms, bowling lanes, and aracades you could put in place. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I found both here in kongretate a while ago, but I cant find them now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tttttt:

I remember this game from a while back, you were a RC that raced against various different computer cars. You raced through from what I recall a grey race track with different jumps and dips in it. You collected some power up points while racing and you could use them to buy different power ups. You could also modify you car as well you could differ the spoiler angle and the tire size and various other things. That’s all I can remember about the game any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TyRaff:

Im looking for what I believe is a strategy game. There were two versions of basically the same game. One where you built a hotel, and the other where you built a business. I believe in the business you made buttons or widgets (something simple and ridiculous). It was a 2D game where you could build up, left, or right. You were able to hire and upgrade workers as well as rooms. There were speicality rooms like gyms, bowling lanes, and aracades you could put in place. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I found both here in kongretate a while ago, but I cant find them now.

IBSome idiot says Innkeeper.

Probably Theme Hotel.

Flag Post

I’ve been looking for two games for a while.

The first I barely remember anything about. It was a puzzle game and from what I remember the goal was to break hearts with a chain reaction using bombs. I think you were a gnome or dwarf or there were gnomes and dwarves in it. That’s all I can remember.

The second was a game where you build up a collection of little creatures that you use to beat puzzles. The first puzzle you had to cross a bridge and you had to send the creatures in the correct order. There was a frogger type puzzle and you had to match the colours and shapes on the creatures.

Sorry they’re both pretty vague.

Flag Post

Ok, so I was looking for a game that I played a while back (obviously). It was an 8-bit style game, I think it was platformer-like. You spend a good deal of your time underground I think. Anyway, you can unlock a TON of characters in the game. There were things like ice wizards and stuff, but also characters that parodied other games (like Cuccos and maybe Link, not sure). Depending on your character, you have various special moves and attacks. Some characters have little projectiles they can shoot and some have things like invisibility. If you guys have any suggestions at all about what it might be, this would help a lot! Thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by cspotts:

Ok, so I was looking for a game that I played a while back (obviously). It was an 8-bit style game, I think it was platformer-like. You spend a good deal of your time underground I think. Anyway, you can unlock a TON of characters in the game. There were things like ice wizards and stuff, but also characters that parodied other games (like Cuccos and maybe Link, not sure). Depending on your character, you have various special moves and attacks. Some characters have little projectiles they can shoot and some have things like invisibility. If you guys have any suggestions at all about what it might be, this would help a lot! Thanks!

http://www.kongregate.com/games/LordTim/great-dungeon-in-the-sky

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadendemon:

ok i’m looking for a game i played about 2-3 years ago, similar to diablo 2:
it was single player, and may or may not have had online play.
it was an older game because the graphic requirements were very low.
it was probably released between 2000-2006
the graphics were like D2 but choppier looking
It was Isometric
It was not a flash game.
it had a stash
the more you use the skills the higher level they would be
it had a “town portal” like spell which when at max level was free or near free to cast, this was the same with all spells but i can’t remember what other spells there were
it was a free game that you download (maybe it had a premium version)
each town was surrounded with walls

I asked if anyone knew about this game about 3 months ago and everyone was thinking it was mythos or titan quest or sacred, but it was not and I have finally found the game, it is called ShadowFlare: Episode One, and it’s the third one down on download.cnet if you select these: Windows software > Free > Role-Playing. not sure if anyone has played it but its pretty fun, your spells level as you use them!!!!

Flag Post

Thinking of a flash game on here that has badges. You’re a knight coming down from a tower and the game has doors which go down story by story (I believe). Also, the dialogue is very humorous. At one point, the knight walks down and sees an old man and says “Hello Sexy Man!” or something like that. Thanks to whoever figures it out.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jacobmatto:

Thinking of a flash game on here that has badges. You’re a knight coming down from a tower and the game has doors which go down story by story (I believe). Also, the dialogue is very humorous. At one point, the knight walks down and sees an old man and says “Hello Sexy Man!” or something like that. Thanks to whoever figures it out.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/molkman/lucky-tower

Flag Post
Originally posted by uuu2:
Originally posted by jacobmatto:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/molkman/lucky-tower

Thank you kind sir! +1 Matto point to you!

Flag Post

I remember this game from a while back, you were a RC that raced against various different computer cars. You raced through from what I recall a grey race track with different jumps and dips in it. You collected some power up points while racing and you could use them to buy different power ups. You could also modify you car as well you could differ the spoiler angle and the tire size and various other things. That’s all I can remember about the game any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post

Okay so a long time ago I played a game about a guy who could walk in dreams or something. He had a dog-like companion with him that talked. To get a new weapon you had to complete a puzzle where you pushed ice blocks. One of the weapons was a playing card that could absorb little creatures and gain their powers (fire, ice, lightning). Anyone have any idea what it is?

Flag Post

a game i played a year ago i think the first letter was f and u have bosses that in every lvl they gain 50 hp and u play as this dino guy and have weapon and paper on your tail and you got alot of spells and they coust the behive looking thing and you have healing apples of differrt clours

Flag Post

i already opened a thread for this, sorry, it was before noticing this one.

it’s game where you had to spot cities on a world map. it gets harder, the stateborders are removed after some levels.

Flag Post

Was it Flash & Dash Demo?

Flag Post
Originally posted by the_homer:

i already opened a thread for this, sorry, it was before noticing this one.

it’s game where you had to spot cities on a world map. it gets harder, the stateborders are removed after some levels.

Is it Globetrotter XL by any chance? It seems like the kind of game you’re looking for.

EDIT @below: No problem.

Flag Post

that’s right, thanks!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Serpentes:

Was it Flash & Dash Demo?

Nope. It wasn’t on kong and you could use wasd as well.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

It’s been almost a month, so I thought I’d bump my old post and try again. I’m still looking. If anyone has any input I’d be grateful.

Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:

Looking for a Flash game that I think I played here on Kong. It might have been on another site, though I doubt it. It’s a squad level strategy game played from a side view. You control a team of four (I think) people; the leader is an Arnold Schwarzenegger clone (even speaks in an Austrian accent, if I recall), I think there’s some big heavy weapons guy, a lighter framed guy, and a woman.

The gameplay focuses on ordering your units to move up to elements of cover, like large boxes and containers, and then engaging the enemy. It goes like that from mission to mission with some cutscenes here and there. It’s a bit side scroller-like in that, as I said, it’s a side view of the action and you move through the level from left to right. It actually looks a little like a strategy version of a beat-em up. But with guns. Characters have different abilities like a melee move or varied types of fire. There’s probably some element of equipping the team and upgrading, but I really don’t recall.

Thanks for any help.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaniHall:

Game upon kongregate. Scroll from left to right game in which you shoot walls and blocks of binary to make it through the amount.
emergency plumbers portland maine

breach

Flag Post

I’m looking for a game that is on Kongregate. You had to go further up to escape from something (I believe it may have been the sun). You jump from platform to platform, and can throw icicles down to halt the sun’s growth. You could also upgrade things like how high you jump.

Flag Post

I’m trying to find a game on Kongregate where you have to beat up and launch a businessman who’s holding a briefcase. I recall it being kind-of street fighter themed.