The "What was that game called?" Thread page 96

3974 posts

Flag Post

-side scrolling sci-fi shooter
-had a shield skill
-had an aoe heal skill
-multiple weapons, including a laser blade
-possible to call in bases, turrets, power plants, barracks and factories, these could be used to produce soldiers, defenses and vehicles to help you.
-possible to call in strikes from artillery on earth(like orbital strikes, but from farther away)
-had an annoying mortar style enemy which consisted of a small, spiky, mutant dog/monkey thing and a similar humanoid. when killed the dog thing would rush your forces.
-had knockback.
-all enemies were red, spiky hivemind mutants. the protagonist was one too, but not fully mutated and thus had free will.
-first mission haves you find and join a guerrilla force.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ble003:

-had a shield skill
-had an aoe heal skill
-possible to call in bases, turrets, power plants, barracks and factories, these could be used to produce soldiers, defenses and vehicles to help you.
-possible to call in strikes from artillery on earth(like orbital strikes, but from farther away)
-had an annoying mortar style enemy which consisted of a small, spiky, mutant dog/monkey thing and a similar humanoid. when killed the dog thing would rush your forces.
-had knockback.
-all enemies were red, spiky hivemind mutants. the protagonist was one too, but not fully mutated and thus had free will.

I remember this game. I also can’t remember the name, but here are some more things:
the main character was Deus Ex or something like that.
It was about an alien race taking over earth and assimilating them (Borg style, but red instead of black)
The humans capture a mothers ip of the aliens under the leadership of the Deus Ex.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zxzxzz:

I guess it was called knight/king something

You had to protect your castle from attacking orcs, ogres and creatures like that.
The view was from above. You could upgrade your sword, castle doors, buy archers and other guys to help you kill those orcs.

Sounds like Knights Elite: Orc assult that you can play on ninjakiwi

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Action/Play/Knight-Elite.html

Flag Post

This was a shop management/tycoon game about a guy (and his assistant or sister or someone— I distinctly remember two people) behind a counter with shelves behind them which you stocked with fantasy/rpg items (swords, armor etc). At the end of the day you collect your gold and use it to upgrade the items to get different types of customers. I also think, but I’m not sure, you could upgrade the shop too (such as more shelf space). I know for a fact it is not Swords & Potions because this only had one screen; the POV was from the view of someone standing at the counter. I vaguely remember the graphics reminded me of Homerun in Berzerk Land/Toss the Turtle; they were high quality & smooth. It was not on Kongregate but I cannot remember for the life of me where I saw it. I’ve searched to near-insanity for it for nearly two years to the point where I thought I might be hallucinating but I know I played it because I remember it was late and I told myself I’d try it out again the next day and forgot what it was called.

Flag Post

Lets put it short: Anyone remembers from what game this music comes from? It’s really familiar but I can’t recall where I have heard it before

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

-had a shield skill
-had an aoe heal skill
-had knockback.

I remember this game. I also can’t remember the name, but here are some more things:
It was about an alien race taking over earth and assimilating them (Borg style, but red instead of black)
The humans capture a mothers ip of the aliens under the leadership of the Deus Ex.

Damn it, you guys. I too remembered this game and couldn’t recall the title. This bothered me so much that I wasted a good chunk of my morning tracking it down. Oh well, at least I finally found it.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Dragy/echoes-operation-stranglehold

Flag Post

My game was on Xbox

you were a guy in a group of teens that would run around covering graffiti with your own graffiti.
I think the group you were in was the GGs and a main enemy was some sort of police stopping graffiti all together.
and there was a crazy song track.
with many unlockable characters.
one was a dog.
Oh and you were on roller-blades.

Flag Post

I want help finding 2
1)It was a game where you had a time limit and you attack a vending machine i think it was the third of the series
2) It was a game where you began as a snowball down a hill and you kept getting bigger

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:
Originally posted by myhome16:

-had a shield skill
-had an aoe heal skill
-had knockback.

Damn it, you guys. I too remembered this game and couldn’t recall the title. This bothered me so much that I wasted a good chunk of my morning tracking it down. Oh well, at least I finally found it.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Dragy/echoes-operation-stranglehold

that’s it

Flag Post

Game on kong, walkthrough-able, Pixel-puzzle-adventure game, It ended with joe or steve i think.There were stuff like Antlions “What the heck is an antlion?”there was a bush of poison berries, you turned an small pond solid with cake mix, you beat the final boss by hiding,you die in pools of water,eyes that save progress,I think that’s enough description.

Flag Post
Originally posted by legoguy2001:

My game was on Xbox

you were a guy in a group of teens that would run around covering graffiti with your own graffiti.
I think the group you were in was the GGs and a main enemy was some sort of police stopping graffiti all together.
one was a dog.

Jet set radio. Awesome game. I had so much fun with this one.

Flag Post

There was a flash game where you played as the Grim Reaper or something like that, it was RPG styled, you could upgrade yourself and get items. In each level you had to use combos and other stuff like that to kill enemies.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tassadaritze2500:

Agony: The Portal?

Flag Post

I want to remember a game where you was a hero and you control it with your mouse. You had to defend a castle, you alone and destroy the enemy with your powers. To the beginning of the game, the hero does not know where he is, but then he observes that a castle is attacked and comes in his defense with a strange skill and the inhabitants of the castle are impressed of his skills.

Sorry, i can’t remember anything more than that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lalo45:

I want to remember a game where you was a hero and you control it with your mouse. You had to defend a castle, you alone and destroy the enemy with your powers. To the beginning of the game, the hero does not know where he is, but then he observes that a castle is attacked and comes in his defense with a strange skill and the inhabitants of the castle are impressed of his skills.

Sorry, i can’t remember anything more than that.

It sounds like you’re talking about the battle of wayland keep where you have to save the keep from the therion empires forces and save the land of candor.

Battle of wayland keep.

Flag Post

EXCELLENT! Thanks a lot Immortal.

Have a nice day ;)

And thanks again :D

Flag Post

I remember playing this old computer game before.

The camera was 3D, it is sort of like a demolition derby game, it takes place in a futuristic setting, and one of the power-ups is a wrench.

I think one of the few tracks had a yellow background, and an another track with green background.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m not describing much, but I forgot what game it is …

Flag Post
Originally posted by chromegirl:

Im looking for a decision based game where it gives you two or three options and you have to pick one to progress through the mission. The goal is to eliminate the enemy forces and get some of your forces through to the end of the mission alive. I found a game that was very similar ((prehaps unfinished version?)) Called The mission 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by p3r0n10:

Erm, i know a few of these games, but i don’t know how to reply…
If someone teaches me, i can help a lot.

Simply say “It’s (insert game name here).”

Flag Post

My game was on Xbox

one was a dog.

1.Vending Machine Champ or I Paid For It! ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by wapiti4:

My game was on Xbox

one was a dog.

1.Vending Machine Champ or I Paid For It! ?

I’m pretty sure chromegirl covered it with Jet Set Radio. It also might be Jet Set Radio Future, but it’s definitely within the franchise. Anyway, both of the games you listed don’t fit the posters description at all.

Flag Post

Mine was an old(?) flash game on the internet. It had you in a spaceship where you would fly around and accomplish missions. There were multiple star systems, and you had to acquire a warp drive before you were able to use these “warp gates,” I think they were, to travel to different systems. You could upgrade your ship, and eventually gain a missile launcher. The final boss was some kind of space station comprised of hexagonal sections. I remember that it had rather nice-looking graphics.

I really enjoyed this game, and would appreciate if someone knew what I was talking about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Da_Dooley:

Mine was an old(?) flash game on the internet. It had you in a spaceship where you would fly around and accomplish missions. There were multiple star systems, and you had to acquire a warp drive before you were able to use these “warp gates,” I think they were, to travel to different systems. You could upgrade your ship, and eventually gain a missile launcher. The final boss was some kind of space station comprised of hexagonal sections. I remember that it had rather nice-looking graphics.

I really enjoyed this game, and would appreciate if someone knew what I was talking about.

This sounds pretty close to it.

Flag Post

a text adventure with a mad AI doing weird and gruesome things to you, including a 1-10000 guessing game and sawing off stuff.

Flag Post

a text adventure with a mad AI doing weird and gruesome things to you, including a 1-10000 guessing game and sawing off stuff.

I have no mouth, and i must scream? Only game i can think of that fits the description. Not sure if it is a flash game though

Edit* I don’t think this was a text adventure game sorry my bad.