The "What was that game called?" Thread page 116

4283 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I repost this:

I can’t find a game I love, it was a minimalist platformer with only 1 screen levels and they were always black + another color, in the first levels it’s green and in the lasts it’s red. There was around 30 levels and the game had achievements. It also had enemies, and some items in form of a kinda round white light. Your character and enemies had white eyes and the character was kinda humanoid, I think he was kinda like the VVVVVV character.

Sounds like Warp Game.

Thanks a whole lot:D !!!

 
Flag Post

Been looking for this game for weeks. Its not on kongregate, its a DVD game that you can buy from stores. Im not actually completely sure if it was for countries other then Estonia, since it was all Estonian. Might just be a Estonian language version thing. It was a World War 2 game, RTS. There was a campaign and maybe a skirmish mode. Pretty similar to Joint Task Force other then the fact that it was based on world war 2 and not sure if it had skirmish mode. It had pretty much all of the more well known tanks of WW2, like Panther, Tiger, IS, the sherman series, churchill, Stug III, Marder II, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdtiger, and lots of other tanks. It had pretty good graphics with realistic house crushing and other enviroment stuff. Also included infantry with sniper, standard infantry, panzershrek guys, and some really OP commando kind of guys, obviously not real commando since it was based on WW2. Would love to get this game, since I cant get Joint Task Force working again on my computer. Would be nice if someone gave me a free download link for Joint Task Force, since my disk is probably broken. Thanks ;)

 
Flag Post

The only things I remember about this game is that it was a pixelated platformer, took place in a cave, and the character had a hard hat. I believe it was also a shooter, and there were several sections, including ice, a castle, and a normal cave. You could also find secrets by using dynamite to blow up walls, but that’s pretty much it.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Frost_Reaver:

The only things I remember about this game is that it was a pixelated platformer, took place in a cave, and the character had a hard hat. I believe it was also a shooter, and there were several sections, including ice, a castle, and a normal cave. You could also find secrets by using dynamite to blow up walls, but that’s pretty much it.

That sounds a lot like Spelunky.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Frost_Reaver:

The only things I remember about this game is that it was a pixelated platformer, took place in a cave, and the character had a hard hat. I believe it was also a shooter, and there were several sections, including ice, a castle, and a normal cave. You could also find secrets by using dynamite to blow up walls, but that’s pretty much it.

That sounds a lot like Spelunky.

Thanks for the help, but I found the game I was looking for on Kongregate and it was actually called Dungeon Cleaner.

 
Flag Post

The game I have been looking for since forever was this game where you w ere this platypus or something and you were trying to find something xD thats all I remember you went through these tube things and there was water or something… I cant remember alot sorry D: i was little when i saw someone play it!

 
Flag Post

Can somebody please help me find a game I played a long while ago that I can’t find again? I don’t know the name of it but I know how it looks and how its played. I already searched for it for a long while, but I couldn’t find it.

In the game you pick between playing as the human race, or the bluish dragon/reptilian race that is rebelling against their human overlords. It plays like a final fantasy game. Its turn based, and you have to conquer the map while gaining levels. I know this sounds general, but somebody must know what I’m talking about. I never finished the game and I want to know what happens.

I created this account just to ask this.

 
Flag Post

The game is about son of angel and devil.He was captured by Kerber and locked in hell.Story begins when son of angel and devil brakes out of the cave and while doing that he ripped of guardians head.While playing the game you wear guardian head and kill deamons of hell.I can’t remember the name :(

 
Flag Post

This game is definitely on Kongregate. It’s a shooter game that revolves around shooting swarms of enemies, then focusing on a boss. If I remember correctly, one of the bosses had an attack similar to directing bees onto the player. The reward was a gun that did the same thing. Each level had a new background area and there was a steep difficulty increase in each level. I’m not sure if that will ring any bells, but any help is appreciated.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by coderTrav:
Originally posted by MinecraftCake13:

When I was little I owned and played this game on my dad’s computer. When you entered the game there was a dog and he welcomed you and stuff and led you into a school. In the school there was a hallway. I would always go into a door and in that door was a kitchen or something. You could make different stuff on the counter by selecting ingredients and stuff. It was for the PC. I’ve looked for it forever but I never could remember the name. Thanks for the help. Please tell me. :)

Sounds like Jumpstart 1st Grade. I played it a lot when I was really young. Notify me if I was right

yes,your right…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Tyguystudios:

The game I have been looking for since forever was this game where you w ere this platypus or something and you were trying to find something xD thats all I remember you went through these tube things and there was water or something… I cant remember alot sorry D: i was little when i saw someone play it!

Might be Chasm, which unfortunately isn’t on Kongregate.

 
Flag Post

Game description: You control a “zeplin” and plot points for a convoy to pass to while you move your zeplin around shooting at threats to the convoy.
Power up section included bigger guns, fast sailing time etc.

I dont even know if this would be under strategy or shooter. Could have sworn I saw it on here, but I cannot find it nor can I remember the name. It was a rough graphics game I think, but the game play strategy was excellent and challenging

 
Flag Post

> Pretty sure I played it on Kongregate
> Not sure if it had badges
> Similar concept to Star Control. You had an upgradable ship and a crew
> You could manually explore the universe in the ship
> You could land on planets and collect data/resources
> If I didn’t play it here, it was definitely flash bsaed

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

Game was similiar to this but with lines that were rotating

 
Flag Post

Well this game reminds me of the Territory War Series, but I have this odd feeling that it involves pirates. If I remember correctly, some weapons included a wind up robot, a barrel of something, and perhaps an anchor. I don’t remember much about the game. Any pointers are appreciated.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

Exactly what I was looking for :). Thanks so much.

 
Flag Post

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

Although I didn’t go back to check the game, it sounds somewhat like Chaos Faction 2.

 
Flag Post

It’s a puzzle game, the kind where you can write a walkthrough for.
I forgot how many screens but I remember 4 screens like this:

A person guarding a sword
a market /a woman stuck in a barrel
a house

Your goal is to get 3 items and then take them to someone and they will make a sword, you need to then go into a door at the top to win the game. at the end the player kills a demon or something.

The game is rather short compared to other games.

I tried googling but it didn’t work.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

Although I didn’t go back to check the game, it sounds somewhat like Chaos Faction 2.

Yeah that’s it. Thanks.

 
Flag Post

Okay I am beyond hope, but I need help finding a game.

I used to play it in class when I was in school.

You basically tried taking over some Asian countries and you fight different places (Asian)

It wasn’t like people, from what I remember it was digitally rendered spheres. Not 3-d.

If anyone could help me it would greatly appreciated! Thank you!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by LaurenG4:

Okay I am beyond hope, but I need help finding a game.

I used to play it in class when I was in school.

You basically tried taking over some Asian countries and you fight different places (Asian)

It wasn’t like people, from what I remember it was digitally rendered spheres. Not 3-d.

If anyone could help me it would greatly appreciated! Thank you!

if it helps any, I played it in 2009-2008. So it was a while ago

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by LaurenG4:

Okay I am beyond hope, but I need help finding a game.

I used to play it in class when I was in school.

You basically tried taking over some Asian countries and you fight different places (Asian)

It wasn’t like people, from what I remember it was digitally rendered spheres. Not 3-d.

If anyone could help me it would greatly appreciated! Thank you!

If by Asia you mean Japan, I believe The Great War of Prefectures is your game.