The "What was that game called?" Thread page 116

4054 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Soup4Thought:

Game was really straight-forward. You played as this fairy and you’d go around collecting orbs. If you collected so many orbs, you became I guess a more advanced fairy…? I remember the game having a lot of blue and this really relaxing ambient music in the background. There were also in-game “achievements” that you could get. (e.g. collect 5000 orbs, reach this rank, or find this arrangements of orbs)

Man, I really need that music.

The game might have a V in the title somewhere.

Pretty sure it’s this one. http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ninjakiwi/flur

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yayzman:

Looking for a strategy/sim game.
Involved colonizing Alpha Centauri after a war or some disaster left the Earth uninhabitable.
The goal was to keep the populace happy while expanding your civilization (though you could simply force people to be content if your regime was garbage, or continue playing by passing power on to a relative.) Had an unusual sense of humor, and I recall a random event involving a ninja crashing into the skylight of your house. Could’ve sworn Icecreambreakfast made it, but I checked his website and couldn’t find it.

You seek Via Sol 2. I had to ask about it earlier in this very thread.

Also, Re-posting this in the hopes of getting an answer.

Originally posted by qwertyu63:

Alright…
This was a giant monster battle game. To build your character (you were a piece-mail monster) you put together pieces of monsters, which gave you points in the 9 skills.

Each turn in battle, you put a tile of one of those skills on a 3 by 3 grid to make an attack, then put another during your foes turn on a different grid to defend. There were bonuses for getting a 3 in a row, and for playing certain skills in certain places on the grids. Some of the skills were Solid, Liquid, Gas, Speed and Strength.

EDIT: If I remember, you (the player monster) were created by and working for a mad scientist, who tried to guide your training by rewarding 3 skills he picks each day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I repost this:

I can’t find a game I love, it was a minimalist platformer with only 1 screen levels and they were always black + another color, in the first levels it’s green and in the lasts it’s red. There was around 30 levels and the game had achievements. It also had enemies, and some items in form of a kinda round white light. Your character and enemies had white eyes and the character was kinda humanoid, I think he was kinda like the VVVVVV character.

Sounds like Warp Game.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Sirocco8:

I repost this:

I can’t find a game I love, it was a minimalist platformer with only 1 screen levels and they were always black + another color, in the first levels it’s green and in the lasts it’s red. There was around 30 levels and the game had achievements. It also had enemies, and some items in form of a kinda round white light. Your character and enemies had white eyes and the character was kinda humanoid, I think he was kinda like the VVVVVV character.

Sounds like Warp Game.

Thanks a whole lot:D !!!

Flag Post

Been looking for this game for weeks. Its not on kongregate, its a DVD game that you can buy from stores. Im not actually completely sure if it was for countries other then Estonia, since it was all Estonian. Might just be a Estonian language version thing. It was a World War 2 game, RTS. There was a campaign and maybe a skirmish mode. Pretty similar to Joint Task Force other then the fact that it was based on world war 2 and not sure if it had skirmish mode. It had pretty much all of the more well known tanks of WW2, like Panther, Tiger, IS, the sherman series, churchill, Stug III, Marder II, Jagdpanzer IV, Jagdtiger, and lots of other tanks. It had pretty good graphics with realistic house crushing and other enviroment stuff. Also included infantry with sniper, standard infantry, panzershrek guys, and some really OP commando kind of guys, obviously not real commando since it was based on WW2. Would love to get this game, since I cant get Joint Task Force working again on my computer. Would be nice if someone gave me a free download link for Joint Task Force, since my disk is probably broken. Thanks ;)

Flag Post

The only things I remember about this game is that it was a pixelated platformer, took place in a cave, and the character had a hard hat. I believe it was also a shooter, and there were several sections, including ice, a castle, and a normal cave. You could also find secrets by using dynamite to blow up walls, but that’s pretty much it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frost_Reaver:

The only things I remember about this game is that it was a pixelated platformer, took place in a cave, and the character had a hard hat. I believe it was also a shooter, and there were several sections, including ice, a castle, and a normal cave. You could also find secrets by using dynamite to blow up walls, but that’s pretty much it.

That sounds a lot like Spelunky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Frost_Reaver:

That sounds a lot like Spelunky.

Thanks for the help, but I found the game I was looking for on Kongregate and it was actually called Dungeon Cleaner.

Flag Post

The game I have been looking for since forever was this game where you w ere this platypus or something and you were trying to find something xD thats all I remember you went through these tube things and there was water or something… I cant remember alot sorry D: i was little when i saw someone play it!

Flag Post

Can somebody please help me find a game I played a long while ago that I can’t find again? I don’t know the name of it but I know how it looks and how its played. I already searched for it for a long while, but I couldn’t find it.

In the game you pick between playing as the human race, or the bluish dragon/reptilian race that is rebelling against their human overlords. It plays like a final fantasy game. Its turn based, and you have to conquer the map while gaining levels. I know this sounds general, but somebody must know what I’m talking about. I never finished the game and I want to know what happens.

I created this account just to ask this.

Flag Post

The game is about son of angel and devil.He was captured by Kerber and locked in hell.Story begins when son of angel and devil brakes out of the cave and while doing that he ripped of guardians head.While playing the game you wear guardian head and kill deamons of hell.I can’t remember the name :(

Flag Post

This game is definitely on Kongregate. It’s a shooter game that revolves around shooting swarms of enemies, then focusing on a boss. If I remember correctly, one of the bosses had an attack similar to directing bees onto the player. The reward was a gun that did the same thing. Each level had a new background area and there was a steep difficulty increase in each level. I’m not sure if that will ring any bells, but any help is appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by coderTrav:
Originally posted by MinecraftCake13:

When I was little I owned and played this game on my dad’s computer. When you entered the game there was a dog and he welcomed you and stuff and led you into a school. In the school there was a hallway. I would always go into a door and in that door was a kitchen or something. You could make different stuff on the counter by selecting ingredients and stuff. It was for the PC. I’ve looked for it forever but I never could remember the name. Thanks for the help. Please tell me. :)

Sounds like Jumpstart 1st Grade. I played it a lot when I was really young. Notify me if I was right

yes,your right…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tyguystudios:

The game I have been looking for since forever was this game where you w ere this platypus or something and you were trying to find something xD thats all I remember you went through these tube things and there was water or something… I cant remember alot sorry D: i was little when i saw someone play it!

Might be Chasm, which unfortunately isn’t on Kongregate.

Flag Post

Game description: You control a “zeplin” and plot points for a convoy to pass to while you move your zeplin around shooting at threats to the convoy.
Power up section included bigger guns, fast sailing time etc.

I dont even know if this would be under strategy or shooter. Could have sworn I saw it on here, but I cannot find it nor can I remember the name. It was a rough graphics game I think, but the game play strategy was excellent and challenging

Flag Post

> Pretty sure I played it on Kongregate
> Not sure if it had badges
> Similar concept to Star Control. You had an upgradable ship and a crew
> You could manually explore the universe in the ship
> You could land on planets and collect data/resources
> If I didn’t play it here, it was definitely flash bsaed

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Game was similiar to this but with lines that were rotating

Flag Post

Well this game reminds me of the Territory War Series, but I have this odd feeling that it involves pirates. If I remember correctly, some weapons included a wind up robot, a barrel of something, and perhaps an anchor. I don’t remember much about the game. Any pointers are appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

Exactly what I was looking for :). Thanks so much.

Flag Post

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

Flag Post

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

Although I didn’t go back to check the game, it sounds somewhat like Chaos Faction 2.