The "What was that game called?" Thread page 92

4071 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Serpentes:

I’m looking for a game that is on Kongregate. You had to go further up to escape from something (I believe it may have been the sun). You jump from platform to platform, and can throw icicles down to halt the sun’s growth. You could also upgrade things like how high you jump.

Run Don’t Stop

Flag Post

Thanks, racefan. That was the game I was looking for.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hebisonic:

I’m trying to find a game on Kongregate where you have to beat up and launch a businessman who’s holding a briefcase. I recall it being kind-of street fighter themed.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/origaming/my-dear-boss?acomplete=my+dear+boss

Flag Post

I remember once playing this really good rpg game but can’t find it, all I remember about it was some parts of it. Those are that at the beginning you go into the cave, you can buy guns, you are exploring through a cave, there is a big spider boss, and a while after that you get to a frozen area. If anyone has played this game and remembers what its called, please tell me. Thanks.

Flag Post

It’s a pixely Action RPG/platforming game. Scoured Kong but can’t find it.

*An older game, earlier than 2010, at least.
*Sidescroller but from a far back view like Pixel Knight.
*The battle system is very action-rpg like Secret of Mana, and it has a Final Fantasy-like menu and you level up and use potions and whatnot.
*Medieval fantasy type setting.
*There’s a flying ship later on in the game (that you have to use to get past this cliff that’s too high to jump up to)
*Only an hour or two long. It ends really abruptly, because it seemed like it was building up, then it just ends.

It’s NOT Hero’s Arms, Mardek or Arcuz.

Flag Post

There’s an amazing game I played a long time ago, it was on the favourite of my friend’s list (taken off now). Anyway, it was a game where you had a black area that you could edit (Much like Sandbox). Depending on what you placed, different monsters would spawn, so if you placed lava, there would be a chance that a lava monster would spawn. If you placed water on grass, then you’d get a different monster than either of the two materials alone. The monsters would meet and breed, giving entirely new ones. There was a wiki for it and there were about 40 or 50 monsters to make. It was 8 bit and really simple, but so fun to play, I can’t remember the name for the life of me!

Flag Post

the what was the badge called

Restoring the Rightful Hair

Flag Post

Hi, i don’t know if this goes here but i was looking for a game that i played some time ago about a museum (or something like that) where you need to exhibit mytic creatures (something like zoo tycon : P ) and stuff like that. I can’t remember the name of the game, does anyone of you guys know something ?
thnx

Flag Post

I remember a game in 2005-2007 it was a flash game, you were a caveman and there were animals there that could kill you and stuff.

Flag Post

I’m looking for a game from 2008 (i think)
In that game you are a flying machine with a weapon that you have to swing to hit your enemies.
You had to control the machine with wasd or mouse and by moving your machine, your weapon swung
There were weapons like swords, axes, spears, hammers,…

Flag Post

As on topic i need help to find the name of a flash game i’ve played.
It was a sort of tower defence. U had ONE tower and u could shoot fire/water/earth/air with your mouse like a spell catapult. This shoot could kill the enemy or upgrade your troops. Example. If u hit your fire troop with a fire spell he become upgraded. If you hit your fire enemy with a water spell he get destroyed or downgraded…. Does somebody of you remember this game name? Ty so much!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kronil:

It was a sort of tower defence. U had ONE tower and u could shoot fire/water/earth/air with your mouse like a spell catapult. This shoot could kill the enemy or upgrade your troops. Example. If u hit your fire troop with a fire spell he become upgraded. If you hit your fire enemy with a water spell he get destroyed or downgraded…. Does somebody of you remember this game name? Ty so much!

It would be easy to find if you FAVORITED that game!

Flag Post

game like all those mmo games where u build city and army etc but its single player? medievil times if i remember

Flag Post

Apparently forum mods lack the option to just move a post, forcing people to copy and paste everything over, so, here goes again.

The details I have are sketchy at best, I played this game a number of years ago, quite a number of years actually.

I don’t want a link to any RTS lists or something generic like that unless you really think the game I’m looking for is there.

Here’s the details I do have:

It was an RTS type game.

It had vehicles you could drive.

It was multiplayer.

Its graphics were akin to the level of Carmageddon or something else around the same time.

You could build oil refineries and mines and such I believe too.

It’s an old game that may not be around anymore, but I really hope it is.

System it was on was PC.

Game had no combat (maybe).

The only way someone’s going to know about this imo is if they have played it.

Flag Post

Added detail: I just recalled it was late 90s to early 2000s because I lived up here in Sac when I played it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kronil:

Conjure

Flag Post

Hello. I’m looking for this game:
it’s a base defense game
you have a different room every level
i remember alot of yellow and black, like caution tape
the edges and sides seemed gothic, or metallic, alot of dark
the enemies are aliens
one common alien is a green, big headed
there are many many different types of aliens, from real small to pretty big ones
some of the weapons are typical, but there’s acid, electrical posts, which were really cool! When you upgrade the electrical burst cover alot of enemies
There’s probably around 30 or more levels
i’ve checked every alien defense base defense with alien tags, alien shooter, and I can not find it any where.
it has only been about a year or less since i played it.
the biggest thing that sticks out in my memory is the yellow and black blocks in front of the big doors the aliens come out.
iof anyone can help me pout here, I’d really appreciate it!

Flag Post

another one of the enemies, aliens, were green, like a jelly or glob
there was some purple dudes,
and there were some aliens in long robes with orb heads with energy in them
but you pretty much had a weapon against every type of attack
there were some white ones and even pink ones
it was/is such a cool defense game.Man I wish I could find it again. It used to bookmarked but it got deleted a long time ago.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:

It’s been almost a month, so I thought I’d bump my old post and try again. I’m still looking. If anyone has any input I’d be grateful.

Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:

Looking for a Flash game that I think I played here on Kong. It might have been on another site, though I doubt it. It’s a squad level strategy game played from a side view. You control a team of four (I think) people; the leader is an Arnold Schwarzenegger clone (even speaks in an Austrian accent, if I recall), I think there’s some big heavy weapons guy, a lighter framed guy, and a woman.

The gameplay focuses on ordering your units to move up to elements of cover, like large boxes and containers, and then engaging the enemy. It goes like that from mission to mission with some cutscenes here and there. It’s a bit side scroller-like in that, as I said, it’s a side view of the action and you move through the level from left to right. It actually looks a little like a strategy version of a beat-em up. But with guns. Characters have different abilities like a melee move or varied types of fire. There’s probably some element of equipping the team and upgrading, but I really don’t recall.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe the game is City siege, but you could check these pages:
this one is for team based games:
http://www.kongregate.com/team-games
and this one is for side scrolling based games:
http://www.kongregate.com/side-scrolling-games
or maybe you’d find it under tactical:
http://www.kongregate.com/tactical-games

make sure when you find it you let us know, it actully sound pretty fun.

Flag Post

Hey all,

I’m looking of an older game I played back in April 2010. It should either be classified as an action or puzzle game. I controlled a little white always-bouncing ball and the only controls were the left-arrow and right-arrow key. The goal was to bounce your way to the exit. Every level looked similar with bright green blocks. Some levels were difficult and you had to wall-jump your way to the exit.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

-Dan

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dan1445:

Hey all,

I’m looking of an older game I played back in April 2010. It should either be classified as an action or puzzle game. I controlled a little white always-bouncing ball and the only controls were the left-arrow and right-arrow key. The goal was to bounce your way to the exit. Every level looked similar with bright green blocks. Some levels were difficult and you had to wall-jump your way to the exit.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

-Dan

Amberial or Amberial: Nebulosa Realms?

Flag Post

I’m looking for a game I downloaded..probably about 3 years ago. It’s kinda like Little Big planet,but the character is made of blocks. And you can’t make levels. Or customize the character. (Sorry for the horrible description,can’t remember much xD)

Flag Post

when i first started playing on kongregate there was a defense game where you could use crossbows,pistols,guns,i think you could toss grenades too.i also know one of the classes you could pick where rogue and later in the game ranger i think.any help is appreciated

Flag Post

hunter was also a class

Flag Post
Originally posted by jh05013:
Originally posted by Dan1445:

Hey all,

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

-Dan

Amberial or Amberial: Nebulosa Realms?

jho05013 – Almost identical to this game. Except more simple looking. Black Background. Green squares that stack on each other to make walls. But the ball bounced around and had a tail when it moved. Lots of wall jumping and precision timing needed. Thank again for trying.

-Dan