▪ Kill 250 zombies with headshots in a single game of The Last Stand

Reward: The Popo card

Challenge: Lights and Death Challenge

Goals:

▪ Get a 16x multiplier on the Awesome bar in Luminara
▪ Complete all 50 levels of Luminara without having a seizure OR losing a life
▪ Score 500,000 points in Luminara
▪ Kill 400 zombies with headshots in a single game of The Last Stand

Reward: 60 Points (and Greg’s undying respect)

You may use this thread for strategies and tips in order to help others beat this challenge, as well as general comments.

Flag Post

In Luminara during gameplay, right click the screen and it will show your default mouse cursor. It makes it so much easier to see where your at as opposed to the small dot.

Flag Post

Last Stand headshot tip:

Have the Uzi as a primary and Hunting rifle as secondary. Fire the Uzi and press space while firing. You’ll see him reload. Hit space again to switch to the hunting rifle. It will now have 50 ammo. Repeat as necessary. =)

Also:

When you begin reloading the shotgun, press Escape to pause it. He’ll keep reloading. Don’t worry, the Zombies will happily wait there until you’re done reloading.

Flag Post

h4x!

Flag Post

Zombie head shots is pretty easy, just always go for the head and most of the time you will succeed. I suggest 6 hours on survivors and weapons the first day (shouldn’t really need to repair yet) then repairing to keep the barricade in the 90s and splitting the rest of the time 50:50 or slightly in favour of weapons. The uzi, sub machine gun and AK47 work well, then the super gun should see you out for the last 4 or 5 nights. Shoot soldiers in feet. Move up and down with W and S to line up straight when shooting, since the aiming is a bit iffy. This also helps with the automatics since you tend to hit the braineater behind once you finish off the one in front.

Luminara is also quite straightforward. I thought the score should be around 450k just for the card but I suppose 250 headshots isn’t particularly high either. Having a seizure is something that only a blindfold can help you with, but it won’t do much for your score. Only move to get out of the way of something or to get in among the shapes. The game is kind in giving ‘taster’ levels of new shapes (diamonds, triangles, green and redarrowheads spring to mind) before chucking you into a teeming level. For 16x multiplier, don’t stop shooting, and that should help with hitting 500k too

Also, what is the ‘Deaths’ high score on The Last Stand about? Everyone’s got zero

Flag Post

crushproof, it works alot better with the chainsaw. Use it to switch the ammos and you will have 99 ammo for the hunting rifle.

Flag Post

It’ll work with any two guns really. Chainsaw just didn’t come to mind. Chainsaw + Barret would be a lethal combination now. You could always do it for the Sawn off though.

Flag Post

The points challenge is fustrating—both challenges require you to do things that go against the worst part of each game’s design.

The aiming system in Last Stand makes it hard to do precision shots and the challenge requires precision shots. Fortunately, there’s lots of extra zombies and the Last Stand never becomes difficult. The challenge just makes a tedious game more tedious.

Luminara, on the other hand, abounds with opportunities for cheap deaths and requires you to avoid all of them for 50 levels. Aaargh!

There are ways to minimize the cheap deaths, though. As others have pointed out, life tends to be safer on the edges. When going for the survivor challenge, try to end a level on the edge—if there’s one last bad guy, make it come to you instead of ending the level in the center.

Numbat also had a wonderful idea for minimizing the chances of a cheap death in chaotic level 50. If you kill all but one slow-moving enemy in level 49, you can wait pretty much forever for a laser powerup to show up. Grab it and use that to finish off the level 49 and inflict major damage on level 50. Once the laser runs out, cautiously snipe whatever is left. This will likely kill your score multiplier but a lower score is a whole lot better than having to do all 49 previous levels again because stupid lag or confusion brought about by the excessive debris animations killed you off in level 50.

(Going for high points, of course, is another story. That requires aggressive fighting and ls tons of fun, unlike the #(*# “avoid all cheap deaths” challenge.)

Flag Post

Luminara no death challenge really isn’t hard. I got the 16x multiplier, 500k points, no deaths, and game completion all in one round. Granted I had played the game before, but still. Just make sure to stay in the corners and kill the fast enemies and the annoying line connecting enemies first.

For The Last Stand, the ammo already listed makes the game incredibly easy, and I suggest using the hunting rifle not the Barrett. The hunting rifle shoots faster and also doesn’t go through bodies as easily so you can ensure head shots. If you don’t want to glitch the game then limit the amount of survivors you have so they won’t steal all your kills.

Flag Post

Greg, Sylicas and I was the 1st few Kongregators to finish both challenges. What should we get then?

Flag Post

I just want to see my accomplishments page first.Please?

Oh,and I should have earned Greg’s undying respect a lot of times.Wierd.

Flag Post

The hardest part about this challenge is completing Luminara without having a seizure. :(

Flag Post

Greg, Sylicas and I was the 1st few Kongregators to finish both challenges. What should we get then?

If you finished it before others, it’s mainly because of different time zones, when I woke up (it was updated in the night here in Israel) I finished it within 3 games (1 the last stand and 2 luminara)

Flag Post

Topic…revived!