Total War Series

9 posts

Flag Post

I was just wondering if anyone else was a fan of the total war series so i thought i’d make a topic to find out how people like it such as:

which ones did you have (i had MTW, RTW,MTW2)
how far you have got in them (i keep on quitting half way through the campaign)
how you found out about total war (my mate showed me it then i got into the series)
and some other stuff

so post if your a fan of total war and if theres anothe topic on this just send a link and i’ll delete this

Flag Post

I have got Rome: Total War. It’s really amazing. I can’t remember how long I’ve gotten on it. My brother got it for Christmas long ago, and he showed it to me and I started playing it.

Flag Post

did you manage to unlock the other factions?

Flag Post

i never heard of total war,wat kind of game is it?

Flag Post

tbs and rts. The latest game Medieval total war 2 (also known as mtw2) is set in medieval times (as you can tell from the title) at the beginning you choose one of 5 factions to try and take over the world with them. After you have completed a certain campaign (which is different for each faction) you will unlock every1 other faction apart from the papal states (the pope), rebels and some factions that emerge later on in the game.

The farther u get on in the game the more things happen such as gunpowder getting invented and the mongols emerging with a massive army.

The tv show time commanders used rome total war to show the games due to it’s amazing graphics.

They are working on a new total war Empire: Total war with new features such as naval battles and even better graphicd. This new game will space out between i think 3 continents including asia europe and i think america. It will be set nearer to th present day than any other total war game (18th century i think).

For more info i suggest you go to the total war website www.totalwar.com .Wow that must be the most i’ve sent in one message

Flag Post

The entire series is seriously awesome.

As for the campaign, I prefer the Shogun campaign engine (MTW:VI is the best revision of that before they rebuilt a new campaign engine for Rome), and there are a rediculous number of mods for everything from Lord of the Rings to Star Wars.

Helms Deep or the Pellenor Fields looks friggin awesome in the Total War engine.

Flag Post

I unlocked all the factions, I think.

Flag Post

I play Rome, and love it. For history buffs like me, there’s even a mod a bunch of scholars made that you can download: it completely changes the map, factions, units, and everything else to make it historically accurate. I’ve got to do that sometime when I have a few hours to spare for downloading and installing it.

Flag Post

It’s called sleeping.