Free Browser-based Text RPG: Stratshire!

8 posts

Flag Post

Well you know how they say old habits die hard? Well one of mine has recently resurfaced. I uncovered the reincarnation of one of my favorite Text RPGs from back in ‘02-’04. It’s a bit unkempt at the moment, but I’m actually hoping to give it a bit of a lively spark again.

www.stratshire.com

The game is entirely text based. So aside from the chat function it is played entirely with the mouse. NOTE: This is not a MUD.

The server can only handle 30 people online at a time because it hasn’t been busy enough recently to bother investing in anything beyond that. I spoke to the owner of the game and he is willing to expand as needed so long as the players are contributing to the expansion budget.

If you’re interested, sign up and feel free to apply for the clan “Midgard”. That’s the clan I am running for Kongites.

IMPORTANT: Read the manual PRIOR to making an account. Your race and class combination DOES matter.

The clan is run by myself and KilleroftheGods.

Flag Post

Thanks Kyru!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zshadow:

Thanks Kyru!

Np. :)

Activity is up today, which is good, but it’s nowhere near what we’d like it to be. :(

Flag Post

Hey everyone, Co-Leader of the “Kongregate” Clan on Stratshire I am.

The game is an enjoyable one, it does have that classy feel, and it has aged remarkably well. As Kyru said, it is fully text based, however it has graphics and all that, just no animation between them. Static frames anyone? Stratshire is a great time dump, and it tends to be a very addictive game, if you like it, you’ll continue to like it for quite some while. We in the Clan are a group of approachable people, me and Kyru having both gotten far enough to be able to help any new player to some degree, so please if you’re interested, sign up, give it a try, and don’t be afraid to ask any and all questions- We were all new players too.

Flag Post

We just founded our clan’s kingdom, which allows us to construct buildings that grant the clan members permanent stat boosts. It’s never been easier to get started so sign up and send one of us a shout on Kong with your Stratshire name!

Flag Post

Anyone know if this game is still running? I have tried stratshire.com and .org and cant find it anywhere. Any help would be great!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Trults:

Anyone know if this game is still running? I have tried stratshire.com and .org and cant find it anywhere. Any help would be great!

Looks like it’s down. :(
This thread was made back in 09, but I guess it didn’t get enough support.

Flag Post

I’m just gonna leave this here…

http://www.thenewlosthope.com/main.php