Tarnation Guide

59 posts

Flag Post

Hey peeps, please post your guides to beat each level maximally on here. No comments on the games pls.

E.g.

Tell the reader how many seconds after the 1st bug appear do you launch x number of flowers of what colour then after how many seconds later, launch another bunch for the most optimal outcome.

Thanks.

Flag Post

There should be a guide soon at COCAK.

Flag Post

For links, you need to use the http:// prefix – otherwise textile parses it as a relative link for some strange reason.

Flag Post

Fixed. Thanks.

Flag Post

Well, I think it’s worth mentioning the different bugs have different traits.
Blues are fast with low hp, Yellows are slow yet tough, and Reds are even. For this reason, if you’re going for 100%, remember that it will take less flower hp to kill a blue bug.
E.g. 50 blue flowers could probably kill about 20 blue bugs, but 50 yellow flowers would only kill 15 yellow bugs. (numbers completely made up)

-Moochy, wondering why we don’t just arm the seeds with Uzi’s.

Flag Post

How is this game scored? I can get about 10,000 on Level 1. Is the idea to use as few flowers as possible (and to not let your flowers get pushed into the river)?

Flag Post

Yup, the more efficient you are the better your score. If your scoring 500 every few seconds then your doing great.

Flag Post

But then what makes the skill percentage higher or lower?

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure it’s based on how efficiently you use your seeds. For example, if you send all your seeds to kill one blue bug, and the flowers fly off, then that’s waster, but, if you kill a blue bug in time so that the flowers fly off to kill another blue bug, then that’s using them more efficiently.

Flag Post

What makes it go from being a yellow flower meter giving you 500 points a pop to a green meter that gives you like 100 per pop? It seems to happen just randomly for me

Flag Post

If you maintain a green meter long enough it will turn into a gold meter.

Flag Post

I mean what changes it from gold to green again

Flag Post

Cmurda, Milskidasith, Nqkoi1, JuideMaverick, crazycruiser, VertFire, NorthernPolarity, FRAGM3NT, Greg, Focus, Malachi, and Sylicas

So who’s making the tarnation guide on Cocak? Hurry up an post it so I can post mine

Flag Post

I’m making one of my own but it still has a few kinks in it. Finding consistent reference points is tricky in this game.

Flag Post

best reference points are the re-spawning seeds on the left, IMO. they refresh at a cosistent rate.

the interesting thing seems that the strategy for 100k would be different from the no-tar-in-water beat. since you can get more points, optimally, by ignoring some of the seeds and losing the 100-400 points on that front, while gaining extra points from the time. since that gold bar 500 points is purely time based… best i could seem to get it to on level 1 was 8200, although if i killed all the seeds, i usually got only 7700 or 7200.

Flag Post

I tried using the respawn seeds for reference but I never got it to be as consistent as using the tar positionings

Flag Post

Actually I just got 9614 while killing every single tar and ended up with only having 3 close calls. (On only level 1)

Flag Post

I mean what changes it from gold to green again

I think it’s when you waste seeds.

Flag Post

I’ve gotten over 10,000 with no tars in the river, on video — trying to find good reference points for consistent replication. Right now my whole guide has a huge variance to it, so I’m trying to make it more sure-fire.

Flag Post

Theres a way to get every badge at the same time and its more than just possible get over 7k in a stage. The waves aren’t random, so it is possible to follow a pattern to beat the game with ease. I don’t know where to Download video capturing software (I do but I don’t know what to trust), but I’ve developed a method to using patterns like in my streamline guide…what you once thought was hard will soon be rendered to easy in your sight.

Flag Post

What type of reference points do you use, Phatcat? Is your guide a 100,000+ or a no-damage guide?

BTW: I use Camtasia Recorder. Very effective and free

Flag Post

Generally I use it as soon as they enter the screen, as soon as they pause the “E” in pause and when they hit the dark green grass (which is wear the close call bonus activates)

Flag Post

You don’t ever encounter issues of having your flower rows pushed into the water in the earlier levels?

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

Well for instance here is my video guide for Level 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0fC3-8bdY

Score of 10126

Anyways I’d love to collaborate if you’d be willing — I have general notes for the remaining levels but I haven’t gotten anything super-consistent yet.

Tass: You’d be correct — for the 100,000 point badge, you could simply let the last few tars hop in the river to gain more from the time.