How to raise a dragon 2 sugestions

51 posts

Flag Post

how to raise a dragon was awesome despite that it had crappy grahpics, no mental or luck thinking in head, bad storyline and far 2 easy. IT was epic post your thoughts here about how 2 raise a dragon

Flag Post

despite that it had crappy grahpics

Where? I loved the graphics.

Flag Post

How to raise a dragon is already as awsome as it can be: making it more complex would destoy the game rather than making it better.

Flag Post

There would be a pyramid of evolution and you could mix powers to make mass destruction in the whole world.

Flag Post

instead of dotty unclear graphics maybe do some smoothing and a storyline to make MUCH longer. on lucas’s pryamid there could be maybe a hyrda, (I think its a type of dragon)

baby eating stage growth stage breath stage adapting wings flying point hydra, fire drake, ice drake, shadow drake, thunder drake, venom drake, lava hyrda (rare), ice shadow drake, thunder fire ice drake (VERY RARE) toxic drake, venom toxic corrosive drake, Drakery stage ends drakes—————dragons!!! as u grow you gain more health and size. matting sex EGGS start over?? maybe make your dragon fight lots of monsters humans 2

Flag Post

The game’s strength is due to its simplicity. Taking that away would take away what made the game great. Deadsweet, all of your suggestions, in my opinion, would make the game worse.

Flag Post

it can be simple but longer. just the fact that the game needs a hardness. I would say that its main strength is the idea and how the game works like hatching the egg, making its diet, search for nutrition that decides your breath and abilities. Lets not forget it gives you a slight amount of choice like being able to befriend, kill,stalemate or be its servant. the idea to me is wonderful but i think the exacution missed a little bit. The graphics could/should improve the game and bring lots more interest. all i am is giving a a few diets.

(eg) (eg)! ur dragon can become a venom drake be eating deadly venom spiders, some snakes and eating poison ivory. simple omnivore diet. u can be become a toxic drake by digging down into the earth to maybe find toxic fumes, by standing in a toxic fume long enough the dragon body will adapt to it and inherit the breath “cough toxic fumes”. corrosive diet. breath in toxic fumes, eat spiders, snakes and very hot geysers. if you eat the perfect ballance of the toxic, poison and corrosive foods you get a venom,toxic corrosive breathing dragon. ice drake: eat ice,icey cold water and snow. shadow drake eat bats and stay in the shadowy areas the most. doing this diet will give you a master hunter at night(includes NIGHT vision). how to make a hyrda????? easy get your dragon to matea nd if the mother has 3 babies instead of having 3 dragons its a 3headed hyrda.

Flag Post

Personally I would like to see a game with a dragon evolution pyramids. But that game will not be How to Raise a Dragon 2, because the concept is completely different.

And also, personally I don’t think dragons should have plant and healing breaths, because I’ve never heard of those types of dragons before. Breath types such as fire, ice, poison, lightning, shadow are more likely.

Multiple dragon types could be good, such as wyrm (long serpentine body, no wings), wyvern (large wings, no front arms), and hydra (multiple heads).

Flag Post

if they game creator would used theese ideas then i would think he might name it How To perfect your dragon. hard to say. there should be more like a story (eg) (eg)! so you just hatch out of the egg with your mother dragon. u play as the hatchling. objective: your mother is asleep and u must go out for some food. this is where poison diets and all come in. however watch out some food bite. when your done go back and find your mom. IMPORTANT!!!! as soon as eat enough of your desired diet, when you grow up it willl be hard to change your diet so this stage is vital. so the dragon returns to the mother and next day an army of humans fight the dragon vastly!! the mother tells you 2 run through forest as she fights them off. she starts out perfect but gets overwhelmed. objective FLEE TO THE END OF THERE FOREST.

chapter 2 The boy takes you in and by randomly he might treat you harshly/or nice. The dragon misses thew mother and runs away back to thier heaven in the forest. you are now almost in drakery hood. (teenanger for a dragon) time to go get your breath power. just like the first level but you can venture down towards the earth to get toxic fumes and much more. objective eat but watch out for snakes and human campers. mission 2: you just gain a breath but get ambushed by a group of dragon hunter heros. slaughter them all.

chapter 3 you just became a full grown dragon now its your turn to decide who lives and dies. objective lay havoc upon the kingdom and slay the king! search for your mom and bring her home. be a city gaurdian to cruel villagers.

chapter 3 your mom dies. NOW YOUR THE MOM!!!!!!!!!! find a mate and have hatchlings. now this time the humans attack again and you must protect your hatcling! u might have a hydra, wrym, wyvern or dragons!

Flag Post

Four types of dragon breath, corresponding to the four elements of fire, water, earth, and air:

Fire Breath: Incinerate your opponents with torrents of scorching flames!

Ice Breath: Your breath of snow and ice will freeze your enemies solid!

Poison Breath: Unleash the most deadly and toxic poison with your breath!

Electric Breath: Shoot out bolts of lightning from your mouth and zap them!

And elemental breath combinations:
Acid Breath = Fire + Poison: Burn your enemies with jets of corrosive acid!
Energy Breath = Fire + Electric: Unleash a blast of radiant energy upon your foes!
Miasma Breath = Ice + Poison: The cold shadows of your breath will numb your enemies to the core!
Storm Breath = Ice + Electric: Dominate the battlefield with your powers of weather and the sky!

Maybe the opposing elements could combine, too, but I’m out of ideas. Maybe Heal = Fire + Ice or something.

Flag Post

So, your suggestions for the game are to turn a non-action game into an action game.

Way to miss the point entirely?

Flag Post

whats your problem. besides your not helping any1

Flag Post
Originally posted by wolfinthesheep:

So, your suggestions for the game are to turn a non-action game into an action game.

Way to miss the point entirely?

I know those suggestions miss the point. So really, my suggestions are for another game entirely, a game that is about the life of a dragon; that game is similar to How to Raise a Dragon.
For the original game, I don’t want it to deviate from its original concept. So really, all you can do is make another game entirely.

The new game could be composed of two parts, or modes:
The Dragon Saga: This saga focuses on the life of a dragon. It has three chapters, ranging from Hatchling, to Drake, then to Dragon. After fully growing up, you can only continue if you have a save file on the Hero Saga.
The Hero Saga: This saga focuses on the adventures of a hero; you can choose different classes and maybe races. The hero will explore a variety of locations, finding treature and doing good deeds. If you have a save file on the Dragon Saga, eventually your hero will meet your dragon.
If you have a save file on both the Dragon Saga and the Hero Saga, you can unlock the following:
The Rider Saga: Your dragon will be paired up with your hero. There will be more adventures, and in this mode you will be able to fight the final boss.

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game like the one I just thought of above, one that combines the save file from two different characters. This game will be completely different from How to Raise a Dragon, but you can say that it is inspired by that game.

Flag Post

I know those suggestions miss the point. So really, my suggestions are for another game entirely, a game that is about the life of a dragon; that game is similar to How to Raise a Dragon.
For the original game, I don’t want it to deviate from its original concept. So really, all you can do is make another game entirely.

question is it U (bloodshadow) that will make the game???? or is there alrdy a game called that.

Flag Post

I don’t know how to make games. I’m just making ideas because I’m bored.

Flag Post

I like how it is now, but I’d love to see other adaptations.

Flag Post
Originally posted by VanguardM:

I like how it is now, but I’d love to see other adaptations.

Glad to see someone who likes the idea.

I do shamelessly think that my suggestion is rather unique. For example, if you have two save files for the dragon and one save file for the hero, when you pair them, you can choose which dragon your hero bonds to. And vice versa, if you have multiple heroes and/or dragons.

This will probably be an RPG of some sort.

Flag Post

i got to learn or find some1 to make a game with theese ideas *sigh

Flag Post

if you think it needs different types of breath abilities why not try something from the book im reading it’s called divine wind the dragon takes a deep breath roars and something like compressed air comes out and it will destroy just about everything in it’s path

Flag Post

Larger environments, more endings, cpu enemies, better animation (though it did give the game a neat feel) and whenever someone gets eaten, i would prefer that they didn’t just blow up, and make the dragon harder to kill, it was WAY too easy, and finally different dragon species would be nice. Even despite all of this it’s still one of my faves though.

Flag Post

The sagas idea is amazing, by the way.

Flag Post

the different races idea and saga idea are wicked and the new elements is cool to but you are only focusing on the positives you should also think of bad things to like the humans have advanced there technology and are hunting down and killing or enslaving the remaining dragons and u [and the befriended hero if u choose] are the only ones left to destroy the dragon hunters and once again bring peace

Flag Post

please when you make how to raise a dragon 2 can you make the dragon or hydra would fly to different places and kingdoms and put dragonhunters and wariors to fight or
to try to capture the dragon

Flag Post

how about other dragons ally or attack your dragon and put a realy thick forest and an abandond castle and put orcs too

Flag Post

i think its pixilated graphics ar best i idc but it sounds oinsanely awesome if it ever comes to exist.