For the love of God ... please stop with the defense games ... page 2

42 posts

Flag Post

i hate TDs. i can stand one or two but not that many.

also i hate turret games. boring, stupid and utter horse sh***. yes there is an e on the end.

and i hate half life and portal and that. basically….they suck.

Flag Post

i think if your going to make a TD game you need to bring something original into the mix and make it original to the creator

Flag Post

Eggy, there is a big difference. For one thing, there are a lot of unfair platformers that I have seen. I haven’t seen any shooters of the same style as CoD4 (or in the same style as Halo, but there are a lot of them closer). The fancy pants adventures is a pretty unique platformer, but only because it makes the running more important and has acceleration with running.

Ugh you missed the point again, i give up

Flag Post

Is Protector technically a TD? If so, it is the best one ever. MOF, it’s one of my favorite games, period. And I HATE TD’s. (I 1’d both DTD’s.)

Flag Post

“For the love of God … please stop with the defense games …”

Agreed, lol

I totally suck at them!

And they’re really repetitive.

Flag Post

well i disagree….. just because u suck at them doesnt make them crap… whenever i find a new TD, and think it sucks at first glance, i just keep playing and usually find that its alright.

Flag Post

Mils, that doesn’t stop the fact that the work was apparently stolen which completely invalidates the game in my opinion. If the portions of taken work are as preecep describes (and hey, you can always spot your own code) then the game is just plagarism.

I never claimed the game wasn’t plagarism, wasn’t invalid legally, and wasn’t stolen. All I claimed, which you can’t really disagree with, is whatever graphics they slapped on xeno tactic, stolen or not, were better looking than the ones on DTD.

Also, Eggy, what exactly was your point then? You made a comparison to try to invalidate mine, and I proved that yours wasn’t the exact same as the claim I made. Just because you say I “missed the point” because I disagree with you (which would obviously happen, considering it concerns your game, just like the small incident about the music which was, at some point in production, stolen from one of the Sonic games), doesn’t mean that I am wrong. Try actually stating your point, if I missed it so badly.

Flag Post

All I claimed, which you can’t really disagree with, is whatever graphics they slapped on xeno tactic, stolen or not, were better looking than the ones on DTD.

Actually, yes, I can disagree with this. While more detailed, they are not necessarily better looking. I prefer the clean, smooth, and clear graphics of DTD to the cluttered, muddy, and messy graphics of Xeno Tactic.

Flag Post

TD are cool games infact there one ofmy favourite games like onslught 2 and 1 elemental tower defence and more can’t think of i reckon the reason u hate them is because u suck at them =Þ

Flag Post

Also, Eggy, what exactly was your point then? You made a comparison to try to invalidate mine, and I proved that yours wasn’t the exact same as the claim I made. Just because you say I “missed the point” because I disagree with you (which would obviously happen, considering it concerns your game, just like the small incident about the music which was, at some point in production, stolen from one of the Sonic games), doesn’t mean that I am wrong. Try actually stating your point, if I missed it so badly.

Don’t worry…

And once again, the music is not stolen. It’s from right here used with permission -

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/119824

It’s been remixed a bit from the old sonic version. It’s just still very similiar. If you think it’s too similiar, take it up with the audio artist and stop calling me a thief.

Flag Post

Phoenix: I don’t remember Xeno tactic looking that cluttered. It is a matter of taste, I suppose.

Also, Eggy, I know you didn’t steal the music, but the audio artist probably didn’t have permission from sega to use the music.

Flag Post

what about the “defence” games. those are kinda new. are those still allowed? :P

Flag Post

you no what?!screw you!you think it takes half a brain cell to make?the tower defense creator thing isnt even you creating the game itself.but it takes more then one brain cell!and theres differnt breeds of towers theres gold theres upgrades.it feels easy at first but once you get farther into the game it gets harder!ussually when you get to the end of a tower defense game its really hard.one mistake at the end and boom.you lose.SO STFU ABOUT IT TAKING HALF OF A FRICKIN BRAIN CELL!!!!!!

Flag Post

dear developers………………………….please STOP MAKING THE SHITTY EXCUSEES OF GAMES KNOWN AS DEFENCE GAMES THEY ARE SO RETARDED tho there are some great ones BUT SERIOUSLY JUST STOP ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….youre friend firestar

Flag Post

Nice bump.

Also, I enjoy TD games, they are fun.

Flag Post

Seriously –
1. Try Gemcraft Chapter 0 using the RO supertrap strategy
2. Score 1 Trillion points
3. Come back here and, without bumping a 2-year-old thread, complain.

Flag Post

Needs more co-op td. Anyone play Warcraft? There’s a game called Legion TD and… too lazy you go research your self boi.