What is the best RPG of all time? page 3

100 posts

Flag Post

Any fire emblem game is good enough for me. Im a total obsessor over the question “who’s roy’s mom?” cause i cant beat fe7

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blazian_Pyron:

FF4 is my third place. That was another epic story, although idk if the DS version really gives it the feel it needs. The hi-res intro was breathtaking, but the actual graphics were lame looking. It ruins the storytelling when all the characters look like little dolls. It was also annoying how little Voice Acting there actually was. If you’re going to bother with a remake, you can bother to do it justice.

Anyway, I guess I should research Xenosaga if it’s so good.

Edit: Dang, PS2. No luck finding that then.

it saeems that they don’t even keep the GBA bonuses!

Flag Post

(hated the leveling system , guys level up with you? wtf)

Do you want to be fighting rats when you’re at level 20? Or do you want to be bull-rushed by minotaurs straight out of your sewer escape?

Flag Post

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is my all time favorite. I can’t wait for Elder Scrolls V.

Flag Post

neverwinter nights 2

Flag Post

FFVII, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jade Cocoon, Morrowind, Crono Trigger oh there are so many more amazing RPGs

Flag Post

I like chrono trigger and WoW

Flag Post

Honorable mention goes to Triglav and Eschalon (google them!)

Flag Post

anyways, CoD MW2 is best game, but RPGs are blank to me. notice: final fantasy is overdoing the saga, theres like 12 games out for it

Flag Post

The best RPG is the Final Fantasy series. Hands down.

Flag Post

Golden Sun

Flag Post
Originally posted by googoolyeye:

(hated the leveling system , guys level up with you? wtf)

Do you want to be fighting rats when you’re at level 20? Or do you want to be bull-rushed by minotaurs straight out of your sewer escape?

The whole point of an RPG is to build up levels, and with enough wasted time you can get to a point where not only can you kill the main bad guy, but you could own his ass with ease. Having everything else level up with you in a genre that is based on a leveling system is bloody stupid. If everyone will be equal, then what the hell is the point of having an ability to level up. Yes I just hit level 20… and now to fight a level 20 Rat… WTH?

Best RPG’s: Phantasy Star 1,2,4 (Screw 3)
Xenogears, Xenosaga I,II,III, Planescape: Torment, and I would add FF7, but I’m just pissed off at them, that game paved the way for RPG’s to be Graphics first, story second. Still waiting for Final Fantasy 14: Now with 1000’s new mini games, oh and a 20 minute story.

Flag Post

Star Ocean the Second Story, friggin hell ive put so many hours in that, and never got bored. :3

Flag Post

Jeff Vogel’s Exile/Avernum series.

Flag Post
Originally posted by runewarrior:

anyways, CoD MW2 is best game, but RPGs are blank to me. notice: final fantasy is overdoing the saga, theres like 12 games out for it

Considering that Final Fantasy has lasted long enough to get 12 games is a pretty good feat.

And for me I can already see it being Mass Effect 2 but until I try it Oblivion.

Flag Post

Definitly Fable, i loved the game through and through and am pretty sure i did everything in it :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by dukegonzo:

FFVII, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jade Cocoon, Morrowind, Crono Trigger oh there are so many more amazing RPGs

Do I hjave to say it? Ultima

Flag Post

wow..totally forgot about ultima..nice choice.

Flag Post

Console. Xenosaga.
Portable. The World ends with you.
Flash. Ge.Ne.Sis.

Flag Post

J-RPG: FFVII
US RPG: Baldur’s Gate II

Flag Post

In my opinion, I would say super mario rpg and the legend of the seven stars because it has a good story, and good graphics and good game play.

Flag Post

FFXII had the best combat system OF ALL TIME

Flag Post
Originally posted by TARDIS:

Yeah yeah yeah i got reflect on so do your worst. FFVII is the game that got me into RPG’s it blew my mind when i first saw it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TARDIS:

Yeah yeah yeah i got reflect on so do your worst. FFVII is the game that got me into RPG’s it blew my mind when i first saw it.

Ultima ignores reflect. Laughs as Ultima hits FF7 fanboy anyway

Flag Post

regen and shell??