Super Karoshi Secret Levels

12 posts

Flag Post

Yes, I know there is already a thread about this. I didn’t want to thread bump, so I made this one.

Let’s recap on how we got there

Jesse’s desk level: Either beat Karoshi: Suicide Salaryman, and spikes will appear, or press caps-lock to auto explode. When the words “The End.” appear on screen, click the period. This will take you to the first secret level. Next, click the brown pixel below the 2nd Chinese/Japanese character (if you can’t see it, use Tab-enter to hit it) This will take you to ANOTHER secret level. I can’t see any way to beat it, although there are some japanese/chinese characters near the…thing in the middle of the screen(they are hard to see, but they are there) If you can read japanese/chinese and can tell us what they mean, please post the meaning here. If you find a solution, post it here. If you find anything strange about the level(besides the pink suit, the disappearing Karoshi character, the characters in the background, and the monster), please post it here. POST HERE OFTEN!!!!! We need to keep this thread up, because it is a team effort to find this solution. Also, please, Moderators/Administrators. If you see that this might deserve a sticky to help with this, it would be greatly appreciated if you put a sticky here.

Thanks,
3l3tric

EDIT: Also, If you have any contact with jesse, please ask him this question as well. Hopefully we can get an answer out of him :P

Flag Post

I’m Chinese, so I can read the Japanese characters.

I believe that the characters say “Karoshi”, or literally “death by overwork”.

Flag Post

Blood, Thanks for your help, but I am uncertain what you are talking of. Do you mean the characters on Secret Level 2, or the title screen? There were characters on Secret level one as well, but these did not say Karoshi.

Please, if you can get to it, view the level CLOSELY!!!!! The characters are near the center of the screen, next to the beast. These will, hopefully, tell us the solution.

Flag Post

I meant secret level 2. I assure you that it says Karoshi. You have to zoom in to see it.

Flag Post

I can’t read chinese, but ok. I’ll see what I can do with that.

Flag Post

The monster has many eyes… something to do with pressing the letter I a lot?

Flag Post

I think jesse said it was unbeatable.

Flag Post

I knew the game wasn’t over yet, thanks for the help

Flag Post

I did a bit of reasearch, and on the second secret level; here’s what you have to do: Zoom in as far as you can, but NOT be able to see the character, when you get in as far as possable, click view all and you win.

Flag Post

its a really good game even though ive been playing it for years

Flag Post

i just checked original pies idea it doesnt win it just makes ur charecter dissapear

Flag Post

Regarding the Japanese kanji 意味ナイ, it means “pointless”, and it’s a joke. It refers both to game’s concept of killing yourself motivated by stress from office jobs (karoshi). It also refers to the point displayed on the screen, which offers the solution to karoshi. That is, change your suit and job.
There are three motives in the final screen which aren’t apparent for people that are not familiar with Asian or Japanese culture. 1. The colour pink refers to flower petals of the cherry tree, meaning quick death and impermanence of life (life is short). Cherry petals fall down an mass within three days, and this is considered beautiful in Japan (hanafubiki). 2. The firework-like display of eyes. Firework (hanabi) also means impermanence and life is short (so live life to the fullest). 3. The six eyes may refer to Dzi beads from Tibitan culture. Six-eyed Dzi beads are believed to help people who want to successful in business or want to climb the career ladder.