[Challenge] Technicolor Migraine & Brainfreeze

18 posts

Flag Post

Games:

3D Logic

LightSprites

Technicolor Migraine Challenge

Psychedelic colors and cranial torment are the themes of this week’s fun-filled challenge of suffering! Play LightSprites and 3D Logic to unlock the Death Mask card.

Goals:

▪ Sweet 16 – Complete level 16 in 3D Logic.
▪ Everybody Dance – Score 12,000 points in normal mode of, uh, normal mode in LightSprites

Reward: The Death Mask card

Brain Freeze Challenge

Prove that neither 3D Logic nor LightSprites can slow you down or break your stride! Master both to earn 50 points on Kongregate.

Goals:

▪ Over 9000 – Score 15,000 points in challenge mode of LightSprites (score submission not required).
▪ No Googling – Complete all 30 levels in 3D Logic without cheating. We can tell. Really.

Reward: 50 Points

You may use this thread for strategies and tips in order to help others beat this challenge, as well as general comments.

Flag Post

My advice for LightSprites: Fire a bunch at once, use hotkeys to change colors (you can do this even after you’ve grabbed them all and before you release), and take out SETS. Not only do you get bonus points for hitting multiple targets with one throw, but you get bonus points for hitting all the colors on a “set.” The challenge is really pretty easy once you aim for this.

Flag Post

Just a small advice for game developers : when you make a color-based game, have it previewed by a color-blind person, first. This challenge is impossible when you can’t differentiate blues and violets or yellows and greens.

Flag Post

Agreed with hexedian….you gotta use stand out colours. I’m also colour blind, and the blue and purple are identical….would help if he put numbers in each one.

Flag Post

>My advice for LightSprites: Fire a bunch at once, use hotkeys to change colors (you can do this even after you’ve grabbed them all and before you release), and take out SETS. Not only do you get bonus points for hitting multiple targets with one throw, but you get bonus points for hitting all the colors on a “set.” The challenge is really pretty easy once you aim for this.

But what should we do if we have some objects that have multiple color targets on it?

Flag Post

But what should we do if we have some objects that have multiple color targets on it?

Cry.

(Or use a multi-color if you have one)

Flag Post

suggestion for 3d logic, if you keep using the same strategies you will not win, think differently from what you usually do.

Flag Post

Does Kongregate have the system to check whether we use a walkthrough for 3D Logic or not? XD

Flag Post

i don’t think so, if even possible

Flag Post

>(Or use a multi-color if you have one)

But if you got multiorbs they’ll be useless because you may already have 15K points. (Challenge mode)

Flag Post

Got 210 less than needed for light sprites points challenge. Don’t think I can do it again unless someone adds a whole new dimension to my gameplan (grab all 5 and throw). Anyone know which is more damaging, hitting a wrong colour or letting a missed one leave the screen? Do wrong colours hit still count to the ‘X’ in a row points bonus?

For 3D logic, I suggest looking out for any colours which are both on the same edge of the cube and join them first. Getting rid of the easy ones may make the rest more obvious. Since all the puzzles are possible, if the paths available are restricted then the right one may be more obvious. Takes a bit of guesswork too, but then there’s the whole week left to get used to it :D

Flag Post

Does Kongregate have the system to check whether we use a walkthrough for 3D Logic or not? XD

I’d think not. As I’ve finished this game many times in the past it didn’t really take me too long to solve again (though I always seem to mess up in a few places each time). How would someone be able to differentiate between previous experience finishing the game and using a walkthrough?

By the way, I really do love this game, and wish there were a sequel. :)

Flag Post

is there any way to destroy lightsprites totally? I have asked this question numerous times while trying to figure out what I am supposed to do when the hills pop up 20 times a minute, I cannot and will not do this challenge unless there is some HUGE mistake I am making.

Flag Post

Wow that’s some challenge there: 12,000 points in normal mode of normal in LightSprites? My absolute best is about 6,000. I most likely won’t even bother with this one. I can tell that this is going to be a difficult and frustrating experence.

Flag Post

Feesh,the only way Kongregate will know that you’re lying about not using google is that you…

a)ANNOUNCE IT!!!

b)Have a key checker and see how you type out ’ Nope,I didn’t look at a walkthrough.’

c)They really know it.

But you shouldn’t use google anyway,JIC,use OTHER search engines!

Anyway,Arcane took my black strip thingy!

Flag Post

I have a suggestion for lightsprites: Lock yourself in a closet or room, don’t listen to any music, get beyond pissed at the game, then play it 10,000 times. this is what I did and got almost 20,000 points on challenge mode

Flag Post

I have a suggestion for lightsprites: Lock yourself in a closet or room, don’t listen to any music, get beyond pissed at the game, then play it 10,000 times. this is what I did and got almost 20,000 points on challenge mode

What are you, a psychiatrist without enough patients?

Flag Post

Light Sprites is either pure luck or pure skill.

As for 3D Logic, the 2nd challenge tip: Do it with someone, or you’re pretty screwed over unless you have a logical mind.