Official - Enigmata 2: Genu's Revenge page 2

582 posts

Flag Post

Here’s a decent (farming) strategy I’ve been using.

Equip: bonus charm, auto neg. canceler, double bonus, and if possible infinite missiles.

Skills to upgrade and set active: neg. canceler, mega blast, relentless strike, bonus magnet.

With this setup replay missions (I’ve been using this in the mid-teens levels) without the boss. Simply spam your skills (sans neg. canceler, which takes care of itself) and aim at enemies. As long as you keep killing the enemies (which isn’t too hard with decent equipment) you constantly get fed shield, armor, and energy. You don’t even have to bother moving! The only thing to watch out for is energy pickup droughts. If you’ve got them, bring along some energy refilling items in case you get in a pinch.

FYI I haven’t beaten the game yet and I haven’t tested out all the skills. Their may very well be ways to improve on this strategy and it might stop working at higher levels. And this also won’t work at lower levels; even if you can afford the equipment and skills the enemy density is likely too low to keep your energy up.

Flag Post

Temporary weapons upgrade in a shooter? Meh…

Flag Post

What I would like to see, is the option to add additional weapons to your ships via. a separate tab in the shop menu; that would mean that each ship would have a certain number of slots specifically for additional weapons. After you obtain weapons and equip them to your ship, you can upgrade their fire rate, damage and shot speeds; you can also upgrade your ship’s default weapon, but not remove it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by moonstrike:

new controls are pretty bad and you cant use the old ones unless u want to suck

actually you can

Flag Post

This game obliterates most, if not all, other point-and-click-upgradable-items-shooters O3o

Flag Post

One quick question what is the (cheats) thing that seems to appear next to the level on level 3???

did I cheat some how or are cheats unlocked

Flag Post

“Sorry about this little bug” appears when you replay a level, WITH simulate boss..

Flag Post

Er a question. Does it have any disadvantages when it says (cheats) after each level?
I mean, why does it say (cheats) there anyway?

Flag Post

Bonus amplifier doesn’t seem to work.
is the amplification not supposed to be seen?
equipping and reequipping doesn’t seem to have any effect on shown stats or in-game stats

Flag Post

Is there a possibility of a multi-player version?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HellBlaze16:

Have you even though of the possibility on how do you even make such a game with 2 players? Cooperative or Competitive? Somehow, with the system as it is, it’s kind of hard to put into perspective the issues that will arise.

Flag Post

another bug:
after death last state of ship is carried over to the next mission after loading( for example if before destruction the ship was stunned, after loading the ship is still stunned, or if energy was depleted at death, after load energy shows full but when starting next mission energy starts at 0)

Flag Post

I found an annoying bug: if you buy a bottom tier ship certain skills (at the very least healing technique) have purchased upgrades removed or is removed from your owned skills entirely.

I also have noticed that most weapon pickups cause the ship with shield piercing bullets to fire non-piercing bullets while active. I don’t know if this a bug or intended design choice, but I think the game would benefit from a change to this. When I’m spamming bonus magnet I have no idea whether or not I’m about to get my own bullets back in my face.

And finally I think that the game would greatly benefit from a separate auto-save slot. I guarantee people like testing expensive skills or equips to see if they are worth it. With the auto-save linked to the main save, a lot of people are going to be annoyed when they realize they didn’t create a second save and are now stuck with a purchase they’d rather not have made.

Flag Post

a minor nuisance: some text box’s say press any key and are only closed by left-clicking or pressing space

Flag Post

i found problem and i have no idea how it happened but there are 2 enemy bullets stuck on the screen everytime i enter a level they disappear between levels and they dont hurt me if i touch them but they can get pretty annoying when they decide to be
only other thing i have a problem with is you dont get enough money to stay upgraded, im at mission 16 and still second to last set of ships with only 1 at that set…but the skills are more useful now than last time i didnt use the skills too much in the last one cept fer the last guy

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darth_Sirov:
Originally posted by HellBlaze16:

Have you even though of the possibility on how do you even make such a game with 2 players? Cooperative or Competitive? Somehow, with the system as it is, it’s kind of hard to put into perspective the issues that will arise.

Problems are meant to be fixed my friend. Then there is a possibility. Maybe design a multiplayer version.

Flag Post

EDIT: Sorry about the (cheat) error, its due to a fault in my anti-cheating system, I will have that fixed immediately

Kerdois I will fix those bugs in the next update.

megamario33 thats odd, I’ll look into that.

If all goes well, I will try to make a Multi-player version next, no promises though.

Flag Post

UPDATED.

Flag Post

hmm game still says i’m cheating, no idea why though. Feels pretty lame to be called a cheat whilst not reaping the actual benefits of cheating :(

Flag Post

Ditto, robdfa.
If I’ve cheated I’d like to know how so I can figure out how to exploit it. As is, I’m branded an Angus steak with all the flavor of ground chuck. ;) (hey, it’s dinner time!)

Flag Post

I will edit later, but first, if you can…Disable the fact that when you hit Right and left click, the game switches. I am pretty sure Kongregate does that and not sure if you can.

Edits:
When on Auto-Fire, it would be nice to stop shooting with left-click, then when you let go it shoots again.
Boss health bar a bit bigger also. I see it until half way through the first game, so I knew for this one, but others might not.
It’s kind of annoying with the forum advertisements coming up often. Maybe a button in the shop to go to them. Constant reminder without being annoying! :D

Flag Post

How do you feel about video walkthroughs?

Flag Post

At the end of level 16, I die immediately after killing the boss every time and have no idea why. Am I missing something or is it a glitch?

Flag Post

Items

Armor, Shield, Other

I’ve used 5 armo packs and 5 shield packs, and they don’t seem to reload…i can’t repurchase them, i can’t “grab” them, it’s like they’ve just been used and discarded and no longer available. are they just a one time use that i was supposed to save for difficult levels? doesn’t really make sense.

great game, but WAY TOO DARK.

Flag Post

I found that the upgrade to cancel the negative effects isn’t working for me. And like the others I’m also branded as a cheater :(