Monster's Den Impossible Badge Party Advice

43 posts

Flag Post

I’m finding myself with random free time on my hands and I’m thinking of going for this badge. So, My question is this: for those that have this badge and/or are well on their way to it, what party did you use?

I have a few ideas:

Ranger/Ranger/Cleric/Rogue

Ranger/Cleric/Mage/Rogue

Ranger/Ranger/Cleric/Mage

Is a cleric needed? Would it work to go without one?

Flag Post

What about Cleric/Cleric/Cleric/Cleric? I heard that works well.

Flag Post

I used Warrior/Ranger/Cleric/Mage. I got the impossible with this, but like aenh said, I’m pretty sure Cleric/Cleric/Cleric?Cleric works well. I actually think using that strategy would fasten things up…

Flag Post

All Clerics sounds pretty bad to me. I’ve been using Warrior/Cleric/Mage/Ranger and my group is near-invincible.

Flag Post

All clerics sounds steady. Two focus on offense with Holy Light, Fervor and Smite, the other two heal, I guess.

And they have heavy armour, too.

I used Warrior/Ranger/Cleric/Rogue. Worked well for me. Each class had a good function and synergised well with each other.

Flag Post

All Clerics works pretty well.

Cleric 1: All stat points on Strength. Give him the best equipment you can that isn’t going to the other people. Pick Fervor, then Rez, then whatever.

Cleric 2: All stat points on Endurance. Give him max AC, then Endurance buffs. Pick Rez, then Heal All, then whatever.

Cleric 3: All stat points on Strength. Give max damage/strength buffs. Pick Fervor, then Rez, then whatever.

Cleric 4: All stat points on Intelligence. Give Power Region, then Intelligence equips. Pick Heal All, then that damage-all spell, then rez (you can swap the order of the first two – I just think the other Heal All is more useful on Level 2 than damage-everything)

1-3 are on the front, 4 is at the back. Level 1 is tough, and you might want to skip the boss. After that, it’s a cakewalk to the Corruptor. Just remember to focus on healing your guys before damaging your opponent.

The build I’m taking through on Hardcore has basically Cleric 2 from above, and 3 Rangers (one on pure damage, one focusing on stun, one focusing on blind). Level 25 so far, and a piece of cake. Except I almost goofed up on the Corruptor – forgot to remove all my Damage Reflection, and killed off one of my own rangers turn two with the backlash from Hail of Arrows X_X (I didn’t quite kill the Corruptor before he got Mirror off)

The only reason I’m not taking my Cleric party through is that battles tend to take longer, and you really need most of the equipment from each area. It’s still easy, just a whole lot more grindy than the rangers (at least so far).

Flag Post

I also used Warrior/Cleric/Mage/Ranger. I took my time to search all equipment and kill every enemy, so I always had the best possible gear. I wouldn’t advice skipping the bosses, cause they drop the best items you can find. I lost ~5 party members, but I was never even close to a party defeat. After level 20 I didn’t even use those shrines, cause after clearing the previous level I could retreat there and regain strength. I haven’t tried any other combos, so I don’t know if some other party setups work better. I think that even hardcore mode is quite easy in Monsters Den, so don’t sweat too much over your party setup :). All combos mentioned above sound good to me.

Flag Post

I did it with Rogue/Rogue/Ranger/Ranger and an emphasis on items that drain health (number one priority and works great with Create Opening), regenerate power or have a chance to kill/stun (once Hail of Arrows could be used quite regularely).

Probably not the most powerful party, but it’s fast, messes opponents up and heals itself by attacking the opposition

Flag Post

here’s what i’m using (not quite to 50 yet, but almost): Cleric, Rouge, Mage, Ranger

Cleric: alternate between 1end,2str and 2end,1str each level. for armor focus on highest possible damage reflection first, then armor rating. make sure you get the healing spells of course

Rouge: +1dex, +1end, +1str each lvl. dagger/buckler combo. create opening is essential, cripple is nice too, along with thief’s luck.

Mage: +2int, +1end per lvl. wand for normal weapon, but i keep a nice sword or something around for enscrolled blade. focus armor on intelligence and mana regen. for skills, flickering flames is essential to this setup (cast on cleric), enscrolled blade will do some heavy, heavy damage, and electric storm does okay damage to all enemies. power siphon can come in handy too.

Ranger: +2dex, +1end per lvl. Bow for weapon, speed boosts on armor help, don’t forget to use a good arrow quiver. for skills, hail of arrows, swiftness and maybe hunter’s prowess or something

Average battle goes like this: ranger casts swiftness, rouge creates opening on someone, mage casts flickering flames on cleric. cleric heals or attacks as necessary. ranger does hail of arrows, rouge creates opening, mage casts electric storm or fireball as necessary, cleric heals/attacks. rinse. repeat. lol

For Bigger battles (level bosses), i just put a good sword on my mage before i enter the battle, then it goes thusly. ranger casts swiftness, rouge casts thief’s luck, mage casts flickering flames on cleric, cleric heals/attacks. ranger does hail of arrows, rouge creates opening, mage casts enscrolled blade on biggest enemy (usually will kill a boss right there), cleric attacks/heals. repeat as necessary.

hope that helps anyone out. there’s a million ways to play that game successfully, this is just how i do it

Flag Post

Just to throw my lineup in… I use one Warrior at the front middle, then Ranger/Mage/Ranger along the back. Works for me… no badge yet, but on level 22, decending when I can be bothered :)

Flag Post

I got the badge rocking a healing cleric, war, rogue and battle cleric. Worked out great after I got it rolling, the only difficult part was lvls 20-30.

Flag Post

I got the impossible badge by using a warrior in the front and 3 mages in the back. Put the extra points for the warrior into constitution and the mages into intelligence. Load your warrior with the best armor you can. I used the shield spell for the warrior a good bit early on, but by later levels, I didn’t need to. Get the electirc storm spell for the mages to damage all opponents. It’s a little weak in the beginning, but once you get past the first few levels and raise your mage quickness levels to get the first attacks off, it is a breeze.

Flag Post

I won with Cleric(pure Endurance)/Cleric(pure Intellect)/Warrior/Ranger.

Flag Post

my frave in order on screen
mage/cleirc/mage
/mage
everything pure intel (havent had 1 guy die exsept on bosses)

Flag Post

I had 2 clerics up front, 1 healing+intell/1 battle cleric and then 2 rangers in the back. Never had a problem for 50 levels.

Flag Post

Cleric + 3 rangers with hail of arrows. If you get more that 120% hit rate with the rangers, you can’t really lose. Cleric puts 2 points con, 1 point int, rangers go all dex.

Flag Post

OMG!NICE ATAVAR CHEEZY BOB!I WISH YOU COULD HELP ME GET INPOSSIBLE BADGES!!!

Flag Post

My favorite strategy for 4 clerics is to use one high endurance damage reflector, one high strength vampire, and two high armor high int healers and long range damagers. It works pretty well (especially when the back ones also have 100%+ reflection.)

Another good strategy, though hard to set up, especially in monsters den 1, is to get a setup of everybody with 150% plus damage reflection, intelligence, endurance, and really good censers. And this topic is hella old.

Flag Post

no, no, no. It’s Cleric/Cleric/Mage/Mage Now THAT’S unstopable. (is there one “p” or two "p"s in unstopable?)

Flag Post

Unstoppable would be two ’p’s, hiperson.

I’ve toyed with all sorts of party builds, and have been fairly successful with most of them. It seems pretty much any combination is workable in this game (except, maybe an all Warrior party… haven’t heard that one tried much). It just goes to show how beautifully balanced the various classes are in MD1.

However, since I’m a bit paranoid that I might actually get hit by an enemy one day, I most often use an all Rogue build. Quickness is higher than any enemy ever is, daggers get good damage with boosts from Str and Dex, and I simply use Hide followed by Create Opening with everyone when there are lots of enemies. By the time you finish attacking there are only 1-2 opponents left, which can’t cause serious enough damage to the party (especially since high health and power regeneration items are pretty easy to come by).

Flag Post

I did Warrior/Cleric/Cleric/Mage

Two clerics to heal, damage monkey/meat sheild middle-front (vampiric 14% + Fervor + Cleave is deadly deadly healing).

Mage for buffs and ranged hits.

Flag Post

I used a full Endurance/Armor Cleric in front, a full DEX ranger in the middle back, and 2 pure INT mages in the two back corners. Basically, you can kill most enemy groups in 1 round if you really need to (2x lightning storm + hail of arrows).

Flag Post

I always use Mage/Cleric/Ranger/Warrior but still havent got past level 4

Flag Post

I rocked it with Mage, Cleric, Cleric, Ranger.

I really liked having 2 clerics, 2 to heal, 2 to revive, that way you’re not completely screwed when one goes down.

Flag Post

Personally, I used 1 warrior in the front and 3 rangers in the back.

Level 1 is pretty hard against the boss so you can skip that one. On level 2 give the rangers all rain of arrows and the warrior the shielding one (of course, give the warriour a shield). When you level up, for the rangers, level up nothing but dexterity and for the warrior, nothing but endurance. When you come up to a boss, just spam it with rain of arrows and most of them will be dead or really hurt and they will be easy pickings. After a few levels, it becomes very easy. Right now I’m only up to level 27 but I’ll get there someday.