The Enchanted Cave General Discussion Thread

58 posts

Flag Post

Most of the achievements in The Enchanted Cave are somewhat self explanatory. However, the Shadow Hunter achievement – where you have to assassinate an enemy – really isn’t. Any help with this?

The original question has been answered, so this thread is now for the general discussion of TEC, such as which equipment combinations are the best for a certain character battle style or how to hit an enemy before it hits you.

Flag Post

You must have an amulet that has a small chance of insta-killing, I think one was assassin’s amulet, then insta-kill an enemy.
Also, Insta-killing and One hit KOing are different things.

Flag Post

there’s an amulet called “assassins xxxx” that you can find in yellow chests. when equipped you have a 10% chance to instant kill a monster. when you succeed it will show “instant killed” or something to that effect rather than the standard damage amount. and yes it’s different than one hit killing of things

realistically there’s no way to one hit kill most of the earth and fire monsters in upper levels so the ideal approach is to kill them in as few hits and as quickly as possible. so i went high agility as much as i can with low but still some regard for defense. if you strike fast enough (agi in the 48-50+ range) you can hit most monsters before they strike you. low level monsters wont get a chance to hit you before you kill them and anything with 16-17 agi and high HP will be killed before they strike the 2nd time. if you encounter something that strikes you twice then you should look for something to up your agi more.

the best weapon i’ve found was from a yellow chest. also the assassin amulet and rings. not all equipment are best from yellow chests though so do check before selling a normal item.

Flag Post

Assassin’s Amulet… making a note of that. This thread is now for general TEC discussion.

Flag Post

hey guys have you found the top armor/gauntlets artefacts?
i suppose the best ones are the titanum ones, like “Titanum Shield” (65def), “Titanium Boots” (55def) etc… but i JUST CANT FIND the armor/gauntlets made of titanium, the best i have are “Ancient Golden Armor” (70def) and “Gladiator Gauntlets” (pretty bad btw: 39def 11atk).

anyone have found the titanium armor or gauntlets artifacts? if yes please post a screenshot i would like to see.

Flag Post

I’ve gotten the titanium armor (82 def). The titanium gauntlets are a mundane item, not an artifact (5 atk, 47 def, 1 agi, 1 int, + more hp/mp than the gladiator gauntlets. If there’s a better artifact gauntlet than the gladiator, I haven’t seen it yet

Flag Post

I got an Assassin’s Amulet from a red chest.

Go figure.

Flag Post

The Ninja amulet (artifact) gives 10% to insta kill, while the later found Assassin’s amulet (mundane) buffs it up by 20%. I remember getting a mage plate artifact of some sort (don’t remember the name, since it’s on my other computer) from a dungeon lvl 70-80, with protection rates almost as good as those of Ancient Golden Armor’s. It also had high magic boosts.

Flag Post

You don’t even need to buy potions for this game. Just grind at the floors where you can one-hit-kill monsters until you have decent stats. The potions from chests should allow you to survive.
You will need to use wings for about 7~8 times, and will have like 40,000 unused coins at least at the end.

The artifacts are usually weaker than normal items, but they save your money.

Originally posted by Solipsis:

I got an Assassin’s Amulet from a red chest.

Go figure.

It’s not an artifact.

Flag Post

I’ve a question…

Beyond the 3 Heals, and the 4 Strikes, has anyone seen any other spells in the game? Upgraded Strike spells perhaps? Just wondering.

Flag Post

the person that posted you only need to grind the floors. i only used escape wings once and completed the game. too easy

Flag Post

I only used wings twice, made it to level 93 pretty easily then died because i wasnt paying attention to my health. Back to level 9. Needless to say im done with this game.

Flag Post

Game was too easy when you found the heal spell.

Flag Post

@Epic: Agreed, although it’s really too hard without the spell.

Flag Post

With luck you probably can beat the boss without using wings at all, though I never have luck in games, so I rather grind until I’m certain I can one-hit kill everything. Much safer.

Flag Post

Anybody who only used the escape wings once or twice and beat the game got extremely lucky. I’ve used them about 30 times and came nowhere close to beating the game. There are only two ways to win: get that 1 in 10,000 run that will take you just about from start to finish or grind, grind, grind.

Flag Post

Or have one of the three healing spells. That works too.

Flag Post

>JohnStell

I don’t think I’m that lucky to complete the game 3 times with only using the wings once per game. You just have to remember the aim is to survive and go to the next floor rather than kill every monster and get all the loot.

Flag Post

Sooo…are there only 7 spells, or has anyone found more? I’m just wondering if I need to check more red chests in my 100% completion (including all artifacts-does anyone have a comprehensive list?)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ajbcool:

Sooo…are there only 7 spells, or has anyone found more? I’m just wondering if I need to check more red chests in my 100% completion (including all artifacts-does anyone have a comprehensive list?)

I think there are only 7 spells…

Tip: Use the mouse to check what item types are in the chest so you can focus on what to get.

Flag Post

What DS said. Also, for the record: Golems are the most powerful enemy you will face in-game besides the final boss, being able to deal in excess of 150 damage per battle, or even 200 per battle if you aren’t well armoured.

Flag Post

I don’t think I’m that lucky to complete the game 3 times with only using the wings once per game. You just have to remember the aim is to survive and go to the next floor rather than kill every monster and get all the loot.

No, you are lucky. At the same time, those who can’t complete it in one runthrough are unlucky. For example, one run I was holding on to a weapon with 8 ATK and I simply didn’t get anything better from chests, couldn’t buy better from shops either. I was forced to use wings, because I had to attack a water mage 8 times before I could kill it, severely draining my healing the the progress. You could say “that’s just bad luck”, and yes, it was, which is my point. With luck, you can finish the game without a single wing use, but sometimes it simply doesn’t work like that even if you do everything perfectly right (never going for gold bags, always targeting the weakest enemies to get to something if possible, killing enemies when you one-hit them). Sometimes, you simply have only 10 HP left, without potions or a heal spell and no possible way of rushing to the next shop. Then you’re forced to use wings.

I believe it is nearly always possible within a few wing uses, as then your luck evens out. I’ve been able to go from floor 20 to 100 without stopping to use wings after a few times farming and I didn’t have any difficulties at all.

Flag Post

Use the mouse to check what item types are in the chest so you can focus on what to get.

That’s what I meant, but thanks anyways.

Perhaps I’ll post a list of all non-eye artifacts I have so far so other people will know…

Flag Post

i beat the game with no wings o-o maybe im super duper lucky? the only wing i used was after i beat the boss

Flag Post

i played it twice using escape wings maximum 2 times. i didnt know you could see what was in the chest. i just tried to get every chest and stat increase regardless whilst being sensible and going through the weakest creatur and not really using spells. also leaving all money bags just get money through selling all the things from chest and buying max health potions or weapons if you get seriously behind. also if you have coins left over buy as many ethers as you can, i also only used the health spells. i dont know why people are saying they have to grind they are probably not risk takers.