The Passion of Idle - discussion

43 posts

Flag Post

Hello guys. This thread has been requested by The Passion of Idle players. Here you can post your ideas for new tips, titles and general update suggestions. I will probably also use this thread to post changelog, news and so on! Thank you for your feedback!

General informations:

The Passion of Idle is humorous idle game (a game where you don’t have to do anything to make progress) where you can meet many characters from other games. The point of the game is to spend more time playing it than others, which is a perfect solution for people who come to Kongregate to chat.

PS. Yes, I realize that this game can be considered by someone with strong beliefs as anti-religious. But it’s not. And disclaimer at the beggining should avoid having a discussion about this here.

Last update – Build #0013 (2010-06-17):

• Added new feature – Boost Status Bar. Now everytime your exp or coin boost is higher than 100%, a status bar will show up, showing you what is your boost exactly.
  • Added new feature – Coin Spawn Boost. Now some items (1 ATM) will help you spawn coins faster.
  • Added new item category – hands.
  • Added 5 new store items – 3 heads and 2 arms (details below).
  • Added 3 titles (for levels 260-289).
  • Fixed few typos and small bugs (thanks to GameKultist agains).

[2010-06-14] Sneak Peek:
    Before I add anything new, I will concentrate on adding items to shop and polishing interface. I’m planning to add a boost par, displaying your total speed boost (only if higher than 100%). I’m thinking of adding a detailed user profile with informations like how many times was Noe’s Ark mode used, how many items do you own, how many EXP points and coins you collected in total and so on and so on. Probably most of this stats will be added to High Scores too. I will also try to add some kind of events leaderboard… Which means I’m planning to host weekly events. :]

Flag Post

rong link to ze forum thread olololol

also dizable tab/spaze so u kant uze it to actvate noe ark lulz

Flag Post

nice idle,

i saw some stuff like
fancy pants on the T (fancy pants)
gems on the grass (gemcraft)
shopping cart hero on the mountain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ayumilove:

nice idle,

i saw some stuff like
fancy pants on the T (fancy pants)
gems on the grass (gemcraft)
shopping cart hero on the mountain.

There’s also A Knight’s Story, Hedgehog Launch, Mario, and…

Flag Post

Add ability to select titles and add when Noe’s Ark is activited Jesus name change to Surfing Jesus :P

Flag Post

Surfing Jesus is awesome lol. Add maybe some more interface, can feel very “Is this it?”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tukkun:

rong link to ze forum thread olololol

also dizable tab/spaze so u kant uze it to actvate noe ark lulz

Fixed. Both. Thanks. :P

Originally posted by DonAdrekWujol:

Add ability to select titles and add when Noe’s Ark is activited Jesus name change to Surfing Jesus :P

I like this idea, I’m adding this to my TO-DO list. Hopefully I will be able to add this by the end of this week. ^^

Originally posted by MikeLanglois:

Surfing Jesus is awesome lol. Add maybe some more interface, can feel very “Is this it?”

I’m thinking of rising height of the game… If I do that, I will sure think of re-arranging interface. :]

Originally posted by Tukkun:

Mario

Dr. Mario.

Flag Post

LOL, im a pretty much of idle player, and i like it! How many titles there are? Maybe add “Johnnysus Walker” and “Jesus the Crucified”. :D

Flag Post

What about cash and shop, where you can buy blessings, instant levels (it will be costly), jesus customization (wardrobe where are stored your clothes, you can change colour for a low price). Its my suggestion only.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PartyzantPL:

What about cash and shop, where you can buy blessings, instant levels (it will be costly), jesus customization (wardrobe where are stored your clothes, you can change colour for a low price). Its my suggestion only.

Read ze sneek pik.

Flag Post

This game is SO wrong… I love it!

Flag Post

Ooooh where can i spend these coins =D

Flag Post

Good morning, my passionate idlers. :> I’ve just uploaded a new version, which is a continuation for yesterdays updates. Here’s a summary of recent changes!

Build #0011 (2010-06-11):

• Added new feature – Cash. Sometimes (every +/- 40 seconds) you’ll see a coin on the ground. Click it to pick it up. You can’t buy anything yet, but shop will be added soon, so start saving now!
  • Added new HighScore – Cash. This highscore reports highest ammount of coins collected.
  • Added new HighScore – Noe’s Ark uses. This highscore reports total ammount of Noe’s Ark uses.
  • New titles added. Now there’s 22 titles (for levels 1-219).
  • Added one new tip. I’m not creative with that, so please post your ideas. :]
  • Fixed bug, where coins spawn during Noe’s Ark mode.
  • Fixed bug, where coin instantly spawn after first seconds of playing.
  • Fixed bug, where Noe’s Ark animation starts from beggining, if you click on noe before first animation ends.
  • Fixed few typos.
  • Fixed saving system. Now game saves progress and upload scoress to Kongregate also when you pick up coins or activate Noe’s Ark mode.

@PumpkinKid – Thanks for suggestions, I’ve added them both. :]
    @PartyzantPL – Cash is already released. Shop be working early next week. :] I’m thinking of selling only equips in shop. Blessings will most likely be triggered by objects on scene, like Noe’s Ark mode. Or maybe some quick time events. Equips will give permanent boost, blessings will be only temporary. :]
    @decadentisme – And so Jesus loves you!
    @MikeLanglois – You can not yet, but I promise shop is coming soon. :] Also, about your question in comments – 3rd achievement is level related. 4th is not working yet, I will add it today, and it will be cash related. ^^

Happy idling! Jah bless!

Flag Post

Tip: Golgotha is a sign.

Flag Post

Shop is almost finnished, but unfortunately I’m very busy this weekend. ;< But this (and much more) is coming on Monday!

Flag Post

Jesus loves me this I know for the PoI tells me so! Lol.’

Tip: Judas he was framed. That’s what Judas claims.
Tip: Ommmmmmmm. Buddhism!
Tip: Like a true Nature’s child, we were born, born to be wild
Tip: Make Love, Not War

Flag Post

Nice game, now i have another game to keep open overnight to add to ayumiloves anti idle, and tukkens.

Flag Post

Sry double post

Flag Post

Tip: Do not turn back!

Also, clicking Dr. Mario should give jesus some acid. Funky colors, yes? :D

Flag Post

Bug: When you load game there is automatic gold about 2-3 seconds from start. Possible to get much gold using by reloading. It takes me about 15 seconds to get +1 gold. 4 per minute, 240 per hour, 1920 per night (8 hours). If gold getting script is 75% effective it gets over 1500 gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by decadentisme:

Bug: When you load game there is automatic gold about 2-3 seconds from start. Possible to get much gold using by reloading. It takes me about 15 seconds to get +1 gold. 4 per minute, 240 per hour, 1920 per night (8 hours). If gold getting script is 75% effective it gets over 1500 gold.

“Hey, if you reload I get ad revenue, so who cares?”

Flag Post

Okeeey! Shop is now on open!~
Only 2 feet items for now, but I will be adding new ones every day (except weekends). ;] I’ve also fixed few bugs, few typos and so on. Here’s a full list of updates:

Build #0012 (2010-06-14):

• Added new feature – Shop. You can now buy items for your idle savior. You’ll find 5 different categorys of items – feet, head, hands, cross and other.
  • Added new item – Sandals. +5% speed, cost 50g.
  • Added new item – Converse All-Stars. +10% speed, cost 80g.
  • Fixed HUD, now shop and achievements icons are separated, on the left.
  • Fixed 4th achievement bug. Now collecting 200 coins should get you the achievement.
  • Fixed coin spawn on startup bug. Now first coin spawns about 40 seconds after starting the game.
  • Fixed bug with bottom wave still being visible on the screen after Noe’s Ark mode is over (hopefully, need feedback on this one).
  • Fixed few typos (thanks to decadentisme, GameKultist and the_J3st3r).
  • Added 3 titles (for levels 220-259).
  • Added tips suggested by decadentisme and Tukkun.

Please pay attention if shop menu always display correct status of items! Green sign means that this item is equipped, so there should be only one green sign displaying at once. Lock means you didn’t buy item yet, so once you buy something, lock sign should disappear. Else than this, thank you everyone for contibuting. :] There’s more updates coming soon, so stay tuned!

Flag Post

“Hey, if you reload I get ad revenue, so who cares?”

Kongregate cares :) And no – you don’t get ad revenue for actions like that :)

Flag Post

Bug with waves – they stop descending a bit too soon and thay appear on stage if Noah’s Ark have beed used enough times.

Flag Post

I found a bug that when I use Noe’s ark, it doesn’t show my hat.