Gemcraft or any other flash game TRANSFER SAVE FILE TUTORIAL page 4

173 posts

Flag Post

Cool, thank you, it was very helpful because I have moved to a new PC and otherwise I would have lost my gaming progress.

Flag Post

Yep, thanks for this.

I had finished it in Armor Games, and here I had just won 2nd Epic Battle yet. Now I could get the badges with little effort, and I can now play the 2nd one, that is said needs over endurance :D

Flag Post

I found mine in C:\Documents and Settings\…\#SharedObjects\RandomStuff\gamez\0009\0613\live\Epic_Battle_Fantasy_3_secure.swf

Do I just copy the entire gamez folder…?

Flag Post

Does this work from computer to computer too? i dont wanna lose my Mardek save files Q.Q

Flag Post
Originally posted by HYS_wong:

Does this work from computer to computer too? i dont wanna lose my Mardek save files Q.Q

So you can copy and paste on a computer but cannot do the same thing on 2 computers?

Flag Post
Originally posted by chimto:

So you can copy and paste on a computer but cannot do the same thing on 2 computers?

It seems you are the only person to reply to any of my posts, and you are always so bitter…

Oh, and what about Windows 7? Has anyone figured anything out about copying the files to the folder yet? (e.g. whether or not the folder is in the same place)

Edit: BY THE WAY: There are hundreds of threads on the Kongregate database… How do you always find the ones I post in, directly after I post?

Edit 2: Used correct grammar, because i know how much you hate bad grammar.

Flag Post

HYS_wong, first about Windows 7 – there’s a remark in this topic 1st page, that this works with Windows 7 as well. Second, the *.sol format should not differ between versions of Windows, but might differ if you have a Linux laptop and a Windows PC somewhere else, and you try performing such a transfer. Edit: if you have a x64 version of Windows on one computer, and x86 on another, the .sol files might be incompatible. After all, there are different versions of Adobe Flash Player for x64 and x86.

He might be ninja-ing you on purpose, there are people that like to shadowstep others.

chimto, no, you CAN use this on two computers, if they are both running a compatible OS (Windows with Windows, MacOS with MacOs, etc). I myself did that with my home PC and work PC, one was running win2000, and the other winXP, the only difference was in “random symbols” folder, but the underlying folder structure is exactly the same. Perhaps you can even transfer a savefile between OSes, but then you’re to meet some unexpected result if the structure of a .sol doesn’t match byte by byte and field by field.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vesperbot:

HYS_wong, first about Windows 7 – there’s a remark in this topic 1st page, that this works with Windows 7 as well. Second, the *.sol format should not differ between versions of Windows, but might differ if you have a Linux laptop and a Windows PC somewhere else, and you try performing such a transfer. Edit: if you have a x64 version of Windows on one computer, and x86 on another, the .sol files might be incompatible. After all, there are different versions of Adobe Flash Player for x64 and x86.

He might be ninja-ing you on purpose, there are people that like to shadowstep others.

chimto, no, you CAN use this on two computers, if they are both running a compatible OS (Windows with Windows, MacOS with MacOs, etc). I myself did that with my home PC and work PC, one was running win2000, and the other winXP, the only difference was in “random symbols” folder, but the underlying folder structure is exactly the same. Perhaps you can even transfer a savefile between OSes, but then you’re to meet some unexpected result if the structure of a .sol doesn’t match byte by byte and field by field.

:D

thanks~

Flag Post

When was I sayin’ that you cannot copy ’n paste on 2 computers?
EDIT: 666th post.

Flag Post

chimto, over here:

Flag Post

chimto, over here:

I WAS ASKIN’ HIM ABOUT THAT, YOU TRUMPET!!!!!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

chimto, then please forgive me for being so dumb.

Flag Post

chimto, then please forgive me for being so dumb.

OK.

Flag Post

my stuff doesn’t work, i copied the contents of my /random numbers and letters/ folder directly to my new computer’s but none of my save files are here.

could it be because i copied from vista to 7, or is that irrelevant?

Flag Post

Shut up,HYS_wong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Catzproductions:

Shut up,HYS_wong.

Why does he have to shut up, epic bumper??

Flag Post

Ok can someone help me? i am trying to copy game data for a game called Anti-Idle:The Game and it says AntiidleX. antiidle1.antiidle2 and antiidle3. idk if i am supposed to copy ALL of them. i was going to make a backup copy(s). Edit:What about the badges? if i play a game with badges on kongregate. but on another site. and i copy the data to a kong chat thing. will i get the badges? or not?

Flag Post

yes, if a game has separate subfolder for its savefile data, you should copy all of the files wherever another site’s game places them – they might slightly differ by exact relative location site from site.

About badges – you might not get any if you just transfer data, you may get badges if you will explore abit further into the game so it will report its statistics to Kongregate. The only way to know is read the badge related info under the game which savefiles you transfer, and try playing.

Flag Post

Yaaaay thank you for making this cause I was actually super hopeless when I was buying a new laptop and didn’t want to start my Mardek RPG series all over again XD!

The only thing I had to do extra, was go into the various other folders in flash, and just copy those in too. I don’t know what specifically I did, but meh, just copied the whole thing down into mah new laptop :D.

with <3,
~ZettoVyker

Flag Post

ah, you needed to copy Kongregate save files from one PC to another? Yes, for this it’s enough to copy the entire folder tree started with “chat.kongregate.com” to a flash card and then into your profile on the other PC, replacing any that exist there.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconikar:

I have a problem! (LoL)
After changing to the newest version of Flash, I have not been able to use any of my old save files.
To top this off, i cannot save any new files either… I have tried playing all types of games with no luck. Can anyone help?

Flash v.10.1.53.64

The same happened to me. So I uninstalled the new Flash Player and installed the old version again: 10.0.12.36.
I got it from the OldApps website. Now everything works fine.

Flag Post

So maybe someone can help me with this. I transferred all the files and specifically the one for Cursed Treasure game. For some reason when I run the game it will not load the save file. I know the file is in the correct location. Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

Flag Post

Awesome trick, this worked to get my Mardek 2 files off of Crazymonkey and on to good old Kongregate for Mardek 3. Fun in the RPG world…

Flag Post

Thanks! With this I managed to transfer my MARDEK 3 save files from my old PC with XP to the new one with Windows 7!