Gemcraft or any other flash game TRANSFER SAVE FILE TUTORIAL page 5

173 posts

Flag Post

playboyai: How do you download the flash file onto the computer?

Flag Post

Can’t find a folder settings option

Flag Post

TheInfinity, what’s your operating system? If it’s non-Windows, there’s none.

Flag Post

Does it work on Windows 7?

Flag Post

Yes.

Flag Post

Hi guys, I’m pretty stumped over a problem, and I’d appreciate it if anyone IT-savvy enough could help.

I have an old laptop and a near-spoilt wifi dongle, so when possible, I play my downloaded swf games using my media player (GOM Player).

Now the problem is, I know where to find .sol save files for browsers, but I have no idea where the save files for games saved on my GOM Player are at. Can anyone enlighten me please?

And I’ve tried looking in the necessary folders (App data, Local, etc.) but strangely enough, I can’t find the folder for GOM Player itself. Or maybe I wasn’t searching thoroughly enough…

(OS is Win XP)

Flag Post

haven’t used GOMPlayer, I use browser and I load the SWF as a separate webpage, it looks like file://C:\Folder\Game.swf in the address bar, and these have their sol files located within Macromedia folder under “localhost” folder. Check there, or otherwise use full system search of any *.sol files and set their display to be in a table to check which folders they are in.

Flag Post

i need help to shift gemcraft labyrinth from www.playtowerdefensegames.com to a downloaded swf help please ?

EDIT : by the way i have windows 7
EDIT : i can find the online version`s .sol but not the downloaded version`s

Flag Post

did you try saving your game in “downloaded” version? This means, winning G13 and going to main screen? If not, then there’s none :)

however GCL has server-side saving, it’s quite possible that it uses a single copy of save files across all sites.

edit: playtowerdefensegames.com uses direct link to AG’s SWF with high probability that .sol files are also located under cache.armorgames.com

Flag Post

yes i did complete the first level and quit on the downloaded version

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bazooka_Uka:

I don’t have chat.kongregate or armorgames.com in the …\#SharedObjects\X32A3XPK folder, even though I have saved GemCraft progress on armorgames.com… anyone know why this is?

I do have the Kong Folder and the Armor Folder but within the Armor Folder I only have got Epic War 2, Ninja 4 (whatever this is) and Sonny2. My GC Account (Lvl 141) is not in there – like no other game!
Can you help me?

Flag Post

Did you search in both cache.armorgames.com and armorgames.com?

Flag Post

Thanks Chimto. Did not search the cache.Folder!

Flag Post

Need help. I found the files for sonny 2, however I’m not sure what to with them. I tried copying and pasting the files from armor games into kongregate, but nothing happened

Flag Post

first, make a save at Kongregate, then you’ll have a correctly created folder with your new save. Then, get your AG file set, and copy paste them into that Sonny 2 folder. While you do this, you’d better not have Sonny 2 open anywhere, so either go read forums or just close the browser entirely.

Flag Post

offtopic: holy crap vesperbot i know you from AG..

ontopic: I am so doing this when the game appears on kong :D

Flag Post

something i have just descovered that might help some people is that you need to have visited the site and the game you are transfering from and to to make those sites show up in the file.

with thaT comment made i am going to play castaway 2 now BYE

Flag Post

many of the games I want to play JUST DON`T WORK!! they just show me a black window, and down`t load!

Flag Post

im running on window 7 would there be a different way for me to do this?

Flag Post

Why should you search for a different way if a documented way works? Follow Windows Vista’s section to find out your save file location.

Flag Post

My husband and I started playing Epic Battle Fantasy 3 yesterday. This morning, my husband’s save files for only that game are missing – his other saves from other games are still there, but there’s no file for EBF3. Just before he shut down for the night, apparently he got a pop-up for Adobe flash updates, installed them, and shut down. Could the update have erased his game file? And why only that file and not the others? My own save files are all there and I did NOT update Adobe last night. Any suggestions or ideas on what might have happened? Thanks :)

Flag Post

Hi there batterytime,

Can I use this technique to backup my GemCraft Labyrinth save files? If so, how? Because my hard drive’s failing and I have an external hard drive for backing up, but I just want to make it’s saved somewhere safe.
Could you please reply with some help?
I’d really appreciate it!

Cheers,
shinyarceus

Flag Post

For most linux systems, the save game file folder will be at ~/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/SOME RANDOM LETTERS AND NUMBERS/

(~ is your home folder, and all linux users should know this by now.)

Flag Post

hey so my save game disappeared and i was like level 60 can anyone upload their .sol file so i dont have to start all over. mine was saved only locally and now its gone.

Flag Post

you can’t get it back(maybe you can, but i don’t know how)

also, Path for XP: C:\Documents and Settings\****\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

Path for Vista: C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\

Path for Mac OS X: /Users/****/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/

Path for Linux: /home/your user name/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects