Gemcraft or any other flash game TRANSFER SAVE FILE TUTORIAL page 7

173 posts

Flag Post

if anyone still uses this could you please tell me how to do it now because i cant find the armor games folder.

Flag Post

if you have found the kongregate folder but don’t find the armorgames folder (check the location for other *armorgames folder names and search there), then you’ve lost your saves, or you were using another computer to play back there.

Flag Post

I recently had to recover my computer, but first I managed to save my flash saves. However, I cannot find the chat.kongregate.com folder again. I’ve tried making saves on games here to make a folder, but one hasn’t appeared. I’ve set storage space to unlimited but even that won’t work. I finally tried just moving the chat.kongregate.com folder from the flash drive, but I still couldn’t access my saves. Any idea why?

Flag Post

If you’re using latest Chrome, check Tech Support forum here, there’s a topic that states latest Chrome changed the default location for SWF save data, compared to what’s listed here.

Flag Post

Thank you vesperbot, I had no idea that chrome had changed its save location. I managed to save most of my files, the only ones I didn’t I don’t care too much about. Thanks a lot!

For those of you wondering, the link to the forum with this is: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/7/topics/241772?page=1#posts-5207531

Flag Post

Thank you

Flag Post

hey guys, i played labyrinth a while ago and im on a new computer now. For anyone who doesnt play anymore and wants to make a quick buck, can they sell me their game file? I will pay good money over paypal and I just really want to play without having to redo the whole map. Send me an email at rob_iaboni1@hotmail.com if youre interested! thanks, much appreciated

Flag Post

You’d better play it again, you know. It’s fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 110583jkm:

I dont have a folder chat kongregate hoping that if i post this the folder will appear

jkm, do you have hidden folders on?

Flag Post

So sad to just keep losing more than half of the achievement of the day every day because no one has been able to create a feasible solution for game saves that doesn’t require complicated file manipulation or have to remember to load and save all this flash every single time you play on kongregate, even if you sometimes play daily and sometimes each month

Flag Post

I used your instructions to play gemcraft on another pc. i just made sure the saved data is loaded from another pc. thanks anyway.

Flag Post

I play a number of games on a number of websites and when i go into the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
the folder has nothing in it like it takes no space has no folders has no files in it. but when i play a game i can pick up when i left off if i saved of that site

Please help

Flag Post

so i was able to find the chat.kongregate.com folder and all but when i go into it, there’s only a quarter of sol files of the games that i play. some of the games i play are online but i still have played a lot of offline games. the specific game i trying to do this with is arcuz so if anyone can help please do!

Flag Post

Check “assets.kongregate.com” that folder too has saves for some Kongregate games.

Flag Post

followed the info and link given by vesperbot and antianarchy and found :) going to see if putting it to a different computer works tomorrow, thanks guys :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by restafval:

i dont play games that are not on kongregate

why? there are many fun games

Flag Post

Im in shared objects and its missing the kon folders are missing please help! I don’t have this prob in the newest version of FF though only in the newest chome

Flag Post

Thanx ive been playing on my aunt’s pc and i really wanted to get epic battle fantasy 3 and since im at the end i saved the files for later when i get back on my pc

Flag Post

Ok, so I have read through this post like three or four times and a few people are having the same issues that I am. does anyone know how to get the game to actually save between times that I close our my browser/reset my computer? I don’t know if it is a setting on windows 7, but every time I play if for any reason my browser closes it deletes the game progress and I have to start over. It isn’t that I played it on another site, its that the progress just goes away.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Flag Post

There is more than one setting that can affect save files. First, if your browser is in private mode, it deletes save files, so you have to turn private browsing off. Second, you might have a “PC Cleaner” installed which wrecks your “temporary internet files” that also contain save data. And third, you might not have a persistent profile on the system (say, if you save a file on the desktop, then log off/restart the PC and it’s not there, this is the issue). Most chances are for first cause to be in place. Also if you share your PC with someone, make sure you have a separate log-on profile for playing (Flash) games, thus that someone won’t interfere.

Flag Post

in papas pancakeria i went to 13th level and i opened it and im now in 1st level. Please tell me what to do. My username is lilycool and my compute has windows7

Flag Post

Well did you follow directions one and two on the first page? If you did, it should be where the save files are located, and if it’s not there, unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done to recover those files.

By the way did you clear your cache, or use something like CCleaner? If you did, the cookies that held the save files may have been deleted, and won’t be able to be recovered.

Also if you followed the directions, and couldn’t find the files, and you use Google Chrome, this thread from the tech support forum will help you find game data saved to chrome.

Flag Post

I was able to find the folders in windows 7 and transfer my save from jayisgames to armorgames. My files were in chrome userdata. I searched for “games” and found a bunch of things but was able to sort through and find the right ones. make sure you have a save folder already made from the site you are trying to transfer it to. I got on armorgames and just played the first level and saved in order to create the folder and files then searched and found them and copied over them.
Good luck to everyone and happy gaming.