Ultimate Kongregate Minecraft Thread

52 posts

Flag Post

I found our forums didn’t have a thread for Minecraft and was a little stunned, so I decided to make one. For those of you that don’t know, Minecraft is an amazing singleplayer and multi-player FPS game. The point of the game is to explore, craft, mine, and fight monsters. Every world is randomly generated and up to 8 times the size of the earth can be generated. If you haven’t checked it out yet, I really suggest you should. It’s in alpha right now, and is 10 euros, approximately 14 USD.

Anyways, the main point of this thread is to discuss Minecraft. Share some tips you might have, or maybe post some screenshots. I highly suggest you check out some of the youtube videos below.

Youtube “Let’s Play” Recommended…
SeaNanners, Welcome to Minecraft
Coe’s Quest

Screenshots

I recently made a new world, I turned around and was awestruck. I saw a few mountains and waterfalls. Amazing. I climbed up the mountains, made a base, and a few days later the progress is great :)
You can view my blog post and screenshots about it here.

Alright guys, I guess I’ll start us off. Here’s a good few rules for starting out.
1. Never dig straight up or down.
2. Make storage chests, dont haul our your valuables with you.
3. When playing on mob-modes, such as easy, medium, or hard, don’t go out at night without food, weapons, or armor.
4. While wanting to make a bridge in the sky, you can hold leftShift, move backwards, and hold the mouse button and you will make the bridge quickly and won’t fall off.
5. When placing doors, always place from the outside so skeletons can’t open it.
6. When hearing “creepy music”, that means you are usually near a dungeon.
7. Livestock spawn on grass.
8. Ladders only need to be placed every other block to climb.

P.S. I recently heard something about a “Water Ladder”, anyone heard of such a thing?

Flag Post

Awesome! I love Minecraft. Here is was my forest. I lit a tree on fire and it spread a bit…

And I visited Nether for the first time today:

Flag Post

It’s a very fun game, im currently building a GIANT monster spawner area which is gonna take a LONG time to make without hacking it =/

Here’s one of my follow creepers chasing me

Flag Post

It is not FPS. It is sandbox builder.

And it is awesome.

Flag Post

Here’s something I made a while ago (repost from an older Minecraft thread on here):

I haven’t really played since I finished this. Got a bit boring just playing by myself.

Flag Post

cant play it

bad drivers thing

also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v6eC0TkCUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh4EexJO4I

Flag Post

Those are great guys! I like the forest fire :)

@Umbreon_ Are you trying the online, free version? The downloadable version should work. Just re-download it, install Java or any updates of it, and check for updates on your drivers.

EDIT:
I just thought of two great minecraft tips.
1. While wanting to make a bridge in the sky, you can hold leftShift, move backwards, and hold the mouse button and you will make the bridge quickly and won’t fall off.
2. When placing doors, always place from the outside so skeletons can’t open it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by koipen:

And it is awesome.

Get a bow and multiple stacks of arrows. You have just turned minecraft into an FPS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TARDIS:
Originally posted by koipen:

And it is awesome.

Get a bow and multiple stacks of arrows. You have just turned minecraft into an FPS.

No, you’ve turned it into a sandbox builder in which you can shoot bows.

Flag Post

alot of people here play the game…Any reccomendations on how to boost gameplay? not hacks, i just lag sometimes and i need to fix it. Either which way, someone should make a smp server.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Austin320:

alot of people here play the game…Any reccomendations on how to boost gameplay? not hacks, i just lag sometimes and i need to fix it. Either which way, someone should make a smp server.

ctrl+alt+delete

Rightclick javaw.exe

Set priority – high

Flag Post

Flag Post

Does anyone here remember the story of herobrine?

Flag Post

Shudders

Flag Post

No I meant the original story and I cant seem to find it anywhere in the interwebz.

Flag Post

It’s Notch’s dead brother secretly coded into the game. Hurrdurrherp

Flag Post

Flag Post

Ack! The temptation to start playing Minecraft is too late. xD
Good thing it’s not a game on Kongregate, or I’d be playing it as much as others do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Live2Die:

Ack! The temptation to start playing Minecraft is too late. xD
Good thing it’s not a game on Kongregate, or I’d be playing it as much as others do.

yah, beta’s coming out, I’m in China right now so I dont know what’s new in beta, anyone know?
anyways, anyone notice a sharp rise in the occcurrence of lava pools on the surfacce?

Flag Post

Beta landed, about 30 minutes ago.

Minecraft Beta

I just updated the client and the server to Minecraft Beta 1.0

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare

Flag Post
  • .. and something else, which is even more rare
Originally posted by jamescyprian:

>_>

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arbitor165:

• .. and something else, which is even more rare
Originally posted by jamescyprian:

>_>

Herobrine is fake, but it’s fun to pretend he is real :D

Flag Post

as there are quite a lot of minecrafters here, I think it could be fun to set up our own minecraft server. Does anybody have a computer that can run for a few weeks non-stop?

Flag Post

good question, it would be a great thing to have our own server though. Anyone have a idea of what they’re going to build on it?