Arkandian Crusade: the crafting thread page 3

112 posts

Flag Post

Is there a replenishing source of the purple slab rare component (I think it’s called something like jerollium)? I ran out of them due to failed smithing attempts. Are they available in the mystery dungeon or defense quests?

Flag Post

You can buy packs of rare reagents (Jorellium included) in a shop.

Flag Post

Buying in the shop, yes. Also, on one of the dungeon of mystery maps there are two pieces of Jorellium, i think. It’s one where you start on the bottom right, exit’s on the bottom left, in the middle there’s a gap leading to the rest of the level with 4 chests in it. Top middle of the screen has two pieces. Another level has three mana orbs which’d be the other hard component. You’ll probably get these maps once or twice on a run; considering a run may get about 30k gold, that’s a bunch of equipment packs while at it. I’d advice using the equip packs whenever needed, but when you start doing mystery, always pick up these crafting items :).

Flag Post

@frostlion
Thank you for the formula, that helps a lot.

Flag Post

Full layout of all of the named recipes, just for checking off that you have ’em :)

Alchemy:
Minor Healing | Healing | Major Healing | Super Healing | Minor Mana
Mana | Major Mana | Super Mana | Accuracy | Absolute Accuracy
Armour | Immunity | Rage | Pure Rage | Minor Dodge
Dodge | Super Dodge | Minor Arcana | Arcana | Super Arcana
Restoration | Perfect Health | Focus | Criticality | Twisted Fate
Enhancement | Learning | Harnessing (Attunement) | Toughening | Polishing

Cookery:
Pie Red Skin | Pie Blue Skin | Pie Green Skin | Pie Darkness Skin | Red Hair Bread
Purple Hair Bread | Blue Hair Bread | Green Hair Bread | Black Hair Bread | White Hair Bread
Pink Hair Bread | Red Weapon Fish | Blue Weapon Fish | Green Weapon Fish | White Weapon Fish
Black Weapon Fish | Purple Weapon Fish | Pink Weapon Fish | Yellow Weapon Fish | Red Shield Mushroom
Blue Shield Mushroom | Green Shield Mushroom | White Shield Mushroom | Black Shield Mushroom | Purple Shield Mushroom
Pink Shield Mushroom | Yellow Shield Mushroom | Meat of Harnessing | Meat of Toughening | Magical Golden Carrot

Blacksmithing:
Dagger of Draining | Mage’s Katana | Shadowdancer Fist | Barbarian Claymore | Tongue of Flame
Toxic Touch | Dwarven Protector | Wahl’s Club | Corruption | Redemption
Needler | Roguish Bow | Catapult | Wound Opener | Iced Justice
Burning Bow | Archer’s Guard | Wizard’s Bow | Quickfire | Fargo’s Farslayer
Burning Book | Staff of Protection | Ancient Prophecies | Abarax Staff | Priest’s Staff
Sorceroarer | Magician’s Wand | Fires of Sidgewell | Stunning Staff | Strategies of Timald

Tailoring:
Stylish Shirt | Fashionable Longcoat | Funky Furs | Fashion Robe | Encrusted Garb
Stylish Hood | Potion Filter | Fancy Hat | Wise Hat | Tasteful Top Hat
Tanned Gloves | Dress Gloves | Furry Gloves | Beach Sandals | Silk Socks
Sturdy Slippers | Squeaky Boots | Warrior Boots | Suit Pants | Excess Shorts
Stylish Jeans | Protective Pants | Corrupting Cowl | Burning Gloves | Booster Boots
Mageguard Pants | Robe Reliance | Cloth Amulet | Cloth Ring | Mystical Hairgrip

Construction:
Barrel | Vase | Round Table | Table | Carpet (top lt)
Carpet (bot lt) | Carpet (bot rt) | Carpet (top rt) | Carpet (cross) | Carpet (sm sq)
Alchemy Table | Oven | Grave | Stone Table | Tombstone
Butte | Used Butte | Manacles | Metal Stand | Signpost
Bed Top | Bed Bottom | Scarecrow Deed | Mini Scarecrow | Teddy Bear
Banner Deed | Armour Deed | Holy Cross Deed | Pillar Deed | Mage Statue Deed

Flag Post

Ok, I’m not gonna craft. Too much effort. But still, as a sword(master), I need a good weapon. What’s the best thing I can make FAST.

Flag Post

This post has been removed by a seabird or godling

Flag Post

Quick question, to craft some of those weapons, how high should your Blacksmithing and Artistry be?
If it helps, here are the weapons I’d like to build:
Strategies of Timald
Priest’s Staff
Abarax Staff

Flag Post

wait… how does the forumla work for making items? on the wiki guide it says

“Blacksmithing lets you create weapons. The three types are melee, ranged, and magic. Your chance of creating a blacksmithing item is equal to ((blacksmithing level) + (artistry level) – (item level))/1000”

i do not understand this

Flag Post

what good does “improving the quality of your home” do?

Flag Post

burnacid your house gets gradually larger, eventually you have no grass and only 6 trees.
with the activate button appearing at your home i was hoping that our home would get multiple lvls sadly that doesn’t happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by seabird500:

Dude, maybe you should actually delete your post, instead of trying to imitate a moderator and promote yourself to a “godling”.

On the first post, the recipe for the mage weapon “Strategies of Timald” seems to be wrong. I got bored yesterday and googled a hacked version of this game, just to see what those items actually look like. I tried to craft Strategies of Timald (in the hacked version I got my smithing skill to max), but failed both times. However, when I tried to craft Fires of Sidgewell and Magician’s Wand I succeeded. The success chance of crafting should be 100% when you get your skill to maximum, right?

Flag Post

Hello all, lots of unanswered questions it looks like, where to start.

seabird: the first two weapons you can make without any crafting training besides starting values are the level -100 Barbarian Claymore (20% success chance with only 100 blacksmithing) and the level -50 Tongue of Flame (15% success chance with 100 blacksmithing). If you want to put a little more effort into it, the Dwarven Protector is an awesome level 200 weapon, meaning you need a total of 200 in blacksmithing/artistry to have any chance at all, and you’ll probably want to have it at 400, so you have a 20% chance of success.

Piemonkey: seems similar to the question seabird asked. I’d refer you to the wiki page with almost all item levels listed. In your case:
Strategies of Timald – level 1400. This means you need a total blacksmithing + artistry of over 1400 before you have a chance of success, and even at 2000 it’s only a 60% chance.
Priest’s Staff – level 0. This means you can start crafting right away, with a tiny chance, but your chance increases by 10% for every 100 points in blacksmithing/artistry. I’d probably wait until you’re up to 200 or so points and then start crafting with a 20% success chance.
Abarax Staff – level -250. You have a 25% chance of crafting this right from the start. If you chose blacksmithing at character creation, it’s probably closer to 35%. Start with this one.

burnacid: to your first question, this is how the formula works:
Take your blacksmithing level, this might for example be 200. You can look it up in the city under your personal tab.
Take your artistry level, this might for example be 100. You can look it up in the city under your personal tab.
Find the item level of the item you’re trying to create on the wiki, this might for example be 50.
Then plug those into the formula, so you get: (200 + 100 – 50)/1000 = (250)/1000 = 1/4.
So you have a 1 in 4 chance of creating the item, or 25% success chance.

If that still doesn’t make sense, here’s the info ‘in words’:
- Your blacksmithing and artistry added up must be higher than the level of the item you’re trying to make. (Or your tailoring and artistry when creating clothes etc.)
- Every 10 points your blacksmithing and artistry are above the level of the item, increases your chance of making it by 1%.
- That means you need to have trained 500 points above the item level to have an even chance of success and 1000 points above the item level for a guaranteed success.

To your second question: as Aqua explained, the interior of the house gets bigger. However there are no mechanical benefits at this point. Your character does not get stronger as your house does. More bonuses are expected in future versions, so it might still be worth maxing out your house for the trophy.

Blood_Shadow: The success chance of crafting the Strategies of Timald is only 60% with everything maxed out. For some recipes it’s as low as 20%.
You can distinguish wrong recipes from bad luck, because they have different messages.
A failed attempt says: “Failure! Your attempt failed. Resources were lost” with the subtext: “You fail to create a useful item.”
A wrong recipe says: “Experimental Failure. The combination failed to produce” with the subtext: “That recipe didn’t seem to work!”

Hope that helps everyone. Happy crafting!

Flag Post

Is there a item that improves combat skills? My weapon attack doesn’t appear to be improving anymore after 933 and I’d like to get that achievement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by spacejanitor:

Is there a item that improves combat skills? My weapon attack doesn’t appear to be improving anymore after 933 and I’d like to get that achievement.

Nope, there is no such item. The only way outside of combat to improve your stats is one of the quests about halfway through the game, where you get +50 to all skills.

That said, the training stopping is a known bug, seemingly associated with maxing out your non-combat skills. According to the creator (undefined), it should be mostly fixed in the newest version (1.08) of the game. So make sure to try again when that version is available.

Flag Post

I don’t know if this has been said in this topic: the elixir of twisted fate saves you from dieing once: When a finishing blow would be dealt, your hits are set to zero and then go up again with the remainder of the damage (so 20 hits, you get hit 33 => you end up with 13 health). Could be just coincidence, but that happened for me. Could be you just get a certain percentage of your health returned. Anyways, you rock! Nice collection of recipes!

Flag Post

Thanks FrostLion! The dwarvern protecter seema pretty worthy, I think I’ll try for it. But 1st I need a way to get enuff GC to buy the equipment and then skill books. Lulz.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:
Originally posted by seabird500:

Dude, maybe you should actually delete your post, instead of trying to imitate a moderator and promote yourself to a “godling”.

On the first post, the recipe for the mage weapon “Strategies of Timald” seems to be wrong. I got bored yesterday and googled a hacked version of this game, just to see what those items actually look like. I tried to craft Strategies of Timald (in the hacked version I got my smithing skill to max), but failed both times. However, when I tried to craft Fires of Sidgewell and Magician’s Wand I succeeded. The success chance of crafting should be 100% when you get your skill to maximum, right?

Not exactly. The formula states smith lev.+art. lev- item lev. = % chance. so the level is above 2000.

Flag Post

Mystical Hairgrip glitch was fixed, chances of crafting one is 50% with maxed stats.

5 Protection
Damage +30%
Mana Burn: 30%
Bleed: 15%
Life Leech: 20%
Value – 1,800

On another note, what exactly does the Magical Golden Carrot do?
It seems too expensive just to heal a few points and do nothing else, has anyone noticed it do anything else?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Paladin65536:

Mystical Hairgrip glitch was fixed, chances of crafting one is 50% with maxed stats.

5 Protection
Damage +30%
Mana Burn: 30%
Bleed: 15%
Life Leech: 20%
Value – 1,800

It seems too expensive just to heal a few points and do nothing else, has anyone noticed it do anything else?

Haha I was just about to ask. That looks like a really awesome item :O

The game gets heaps easier after a few runs of the Dungeon of Mystery when you can collect enough coins to craft a few useful items and loot some useful artifacts.

A bit time consuming for the other trophies since one requires you to play the game again.

Flag Post

Oil of polishing stopped working for me after a while. Is there a cap on how much it can be used?

Flag Post

How high did you boost things? I did notice that it seems to affect a random armor slot; if you’re not wearing anything in that slot, the oil does nothing.

Flag Post

The formula of ((skill level) + (artistry level) – (item level))/1000 seems wrong. With the item level going smaller and smaller, the chances would go high, not down, if you accept it. In your example, the result, 1/4, as in 0.25=25%..so is easier to divide by just 10 to get the % you’d get. I have 78 blacksmith and 84 Artistry. With your formula, i have a 11.7% chance to create a Dagger of Draining, wile the game shows i have a 61.2. According to the same formula, if i where to craft a Redemption, with a base chance of -135%, i’d have 29,7% chance.
The correct formula is ((skill level) + (artistry level)/10)+(item level). Reasoning: your skill level and artistry level give a 0.1% each. So add them up and divide by 10, to get the actual % gained. Then add the base chance of the item, and you get the correct chance to craft. Tested on all recipes i have unlocked, and they show the same as ingame.

Flag Post

Lol, I made the ultimate mage book (last last recipe from the mage stuff, its stats are 1D50, don’t remember its name) and tons of the +Dice potions. Now I have a weapon that hits minimum 500 :D (I made like 20 of those potions :P).

Edit: for those who don’t quite understand: the weapon has stats 1D50; with the potions the dice went increasing and I finally got about 20D50. Thats why it kicks so much tooshie :P

Edit 2: Its called strategies of timald, the weapon I use.

It heals 5D6, pretty much all it does is that. Cost 5k gold though o.O.

Oil of polishing stopped working for me after a while. Is there a cap on how much it can be used?

Not that I know, are you sure it stopped working? Maybe refresh? :o

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tenshi_Samshel:

How high did you boost things? I did notice that it seems to affect a random armor slot; if you’re not wearing anything in that slot, the oil does nothing.

Hmm yeah. My max was 10 on chest piece so not much. I noticed it’s random too so I took off a couple of pieces I didn’t want it on. That could be why.