Inquisitive Dave Walkthrough

19 posts

Flag Post

Inquisitive Dave Walkthrough

Welcome to the Inquisitive Dave walkthrough. This is a badgeless game, but I figured since there isn’t a walkthrough anywhere else on the internet that I’d toss one together. If you’re stuck but don’t want too many spoilers, look for the item names in all capitals.

NORTH KEY SLICE

You wake up in a cell. Head East and pick up a “slice” of PAPER. Head back west, and use the pen on the table to write a NOTE. Bring it east and to the door. You’ll get a bottle of VINEGAR from the guard. In the back of the cell, there’s a beaker of acid. Use the vinegar on the beaker to proceed into the west room.

Have a picture taken of you, and head north, avoiding the water. Immediately head west and then take the stairs north. Empty the cardboard box of its CAKE MIX, and UPSTAIRS KEY. Go south down the stairs, and then north to the antlion area. (Note: Antlions were not invented by Half Life 2. The creature’s name has been around for a very long time.) Wait for the bubbling to stop and cross to the middle area, and then wait for the bubbling to stop on that side. Proceed west 3 screens.

Head north up the stairs, and then west. Don’t go too far into this room. Stand on the red platform, and jump up and down 3 times. The guard will leave instead of shooting you. Go west and grab the OUTSIDE CHEST KEY on the far left. Head east 2 screens, open the chest for the UPSTAIRS MANOR ROOMS KEY, and open the door. Walk west and fall, don’t jump. Collect the APPLE and head east 4 screens. Give the apple to the guard and proceed east into the kitchen. Grab the FLOUR from the cupboard and proceed east 2 screens. Collect the CROSS from the chest.

Go east 2 screens, climb the steps and avoid touching the water. Proceed east until you reach the wall. Climb north 2 screens. Jump carefully along the clouds 5 screens west until you reach the roof. Go west 2 screens past the chimney to find the FIRE POKER. Use the poker in the chimney to the east to obtain the NORTH KEY SLICE.

EASTERN KEY SLICE

Head east 2 screens and fall. Proceed west 5 screens and head north up the stairs. Open the door in the east room and proceed to the next room. Climb the stairs to the north. Head west and immediately activate the table with the bible on it. You’ll place the cross and kill the ghost. Open the chest to find the EASTERN KEY SLICE.

WESTERN KEY SLICE

Go east, south, west 2 screens, south, and west 5 screens until you reach a lake. Stand next to it to empty the cake mix and flour into the lake. Go east to grab the HANDLE, and then take the long walk 10 screens to the west until you’re in a room with a table and a hole in the floor. Fall south and meet the guard who was standing outside of your cell. Use the handle on the pump to lower the water level. Head back north a screen, then west 3 screens until you find the whole you initially crawled out of.

Fall south and into the pit that leads west. Follow the sewers north until you reach the electric board. You’ll need to return to this room in just a second and turn on the electric board. Head west one screen, and far enough into the room that the alligator follows you. Turn back to the east and flip the switch. The alligator will die. Turn the switch back and proceed west 3 screens. Immediately stop at the third screen. Jump over the water and into the next room. Grab the SHOVEL, and dig out the WESTERN KEY SLICE from the mound in the room east 2 screens.

EVIL WIZARD

Head north, then west 3 screens. Climb north, then west 2 screens. Open the door. Quickly head east 2 screens, fall south, and then proceed to the easy until you reach the castle wall. All of the dangers and pits will be blocked, so it’s the only way to go.

Once in the tower, simply proceed north until you reach the mirror room. Here the wizard will fire white orbs down where you stand. This means that your location determines where he fires his blast. Stand on the middle mirror, far to the left. Wait until he passes over you from the left, he’ll fire. Move to the right, flip the mirror: he’ll pass over you, fire again and also be hit by the previous ball. quick dodge to the left, and flip the mirror again to hit the ball he just fired back. This should allow you to chain multiple orbs in quick succession. I believe 5 or 6 shots kills him.

If you can’t manage the combo, don’t worry about it. Keep flipping mirrors randomly and you should hit him eventually.

EVIL WIZARD MARK 2

Climb north. Watch a cutscene. Climb north. Stand behind the wall and let him keep firing at the wall. He’ll get frustrated, and you have to keep his dialog going. Whatever you do, don’t jump out from behind the wall. This will go on for 6 or 7 dialogs. After that, he’ll die, and the credits will roll. After the credits, the game talks to you a bit.

Congratulations! You’ve beat Inquisitive Dave!

While it’s a rather easy game, I was stuck a couple of times simply because I was able to glitch through a number of the game’s obstacles, and missed a few key items because of it. I figured this would help anyone who was stuck.

(If you liked this review, check out my badge-related NO LEAKS LICHE! guide!)

Flag Post

the game was quite easy by itself. Though you did a very good job of explaining and showing the items and what to do. 4/5

Flag Post

Actually, if I remember right, the Evil Wizard Mark 2 part goes like this: Climb north. Watch a cutscene. Climb north. Then the wizard kills you and you can’t do anything, since you can’t move. The cutscene begins again. Climb north. Then the wizard tries to kill you again, but you can move this time. Go behind the wall and wait. You may also push the red button at right if you want, but it doesn’t do anything helpful. As you wait behind the wall, read the dialogs and you win.

Great guide! I might be wrong, but if I remember correct the final battle went like that.

Flag Post

um, no. You just died once…

Flag Post

I think the main point is to be inquisitive and check everything you see, that way you get to see all the funny dialog and description boxes. Might be the reason it’s called “Inquisitive Dave”. Also, you get everything that way, it just takes a little bit longer to do so.

However, another excellent guide for a very good game. Good job.
_____
Revolutioneyes: Razz must remain a paradoxal enigmatic mystery.

Flag Post

inguisitive dave was so easy that it don´t need a walkthrough

Flag Post

Dude, you have a CRAP load of mistakes in there!

Flag Post

This game is glitched so that you don’t have to collect any key fragments to beat it.

Flag Post

Dude, you have a CRAP load of mistakes in there!

Where? I must be blind to not see them.

This game is glitched so that you don’t have to collect any key fragments to beat it.

And miss out on the fun and good little feeling you get when you beat it the way it was meant to be beat? I think not.
_____
Revolutioneyes: Razz must remain a paradoxal enigmatic mystery.

Flag Post

Hey, I already disclaimed why I made the guide. I never said it was a difficult game. I made it because there are no guides anywhere else on the internet, and because it’s possibly to SKIP steps and get all the way to opening the door, yet not being able to get to the wizard. Having this guide helps alleviate some of the game’s bugs.

Flag Post

Har har har.

Investigate the berries a few times. I lolled.

Flag Post

english please? why did everything go like “go north” or something, since the game is 2d. you could’ve just as easily said “go up” or something

Flag Post

Good game, I really like games like thise, although there is a glitch to kill the Wizard without getting the Key Fragments, on the furthest east screen where the door to the boss fight is jump up the rocks and onto the top platform of the screen, now hold down the right key so your running against the wall, now jump up to the next screen and you should go through the wall into the Wizards tower =] but nice game, 4/5

Flag Post

What confused me about this game is three things; the teakettle which mentions catching fire; the sprinkler above the teapot; and the room where there are false walls on the left and the ceiling. I kinda expected these things to be part of the game, but I didn’t use them.

Flag Post

hahaha i found a bug and did it without need to do all this

Flag Post

for the final battle i pressed the red button and it shocked him, so i didn’t have to waut

Flag Post

oh nvm

Flag Post

There’s also a glitch just after Zanulph 1 when then screen shakes, if you jump against the left side of the screen, you can end up outside again. The save points say “Agress Mauved” instead of “Progress Saved”, and if you go to the right again, you get to fight Zanulph 1 again.

Also, anyone notice the similarity to Dizzy games? The first section seems right out of one, and as for the end… let’s just say there’s a Dizzy game in which a wizard whose name begins with Z fires motes at you from his staff, and you use a convenient mirror to reflect it back at him and damage him. Sound familiar?

Flag Post

Sorry for bump, but I was able to beat it as soon as I got past the cook.