RPG Shooter: Starwish page 3

309 posts

Flag Post

You still need optimal relationships with everyone to see the special ending.

Flag Post

Whoa. Talk about tricky hidden requirements.

It’ll be easier now that I know what to actually look for though. Time to try and get that special ending.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Toble007:
Originally posted by MrRubix:

If anyone is dying to see/read all the endings, let me know

I am very much dying to see all the endings.

Please PM me all the endings.

Flag Post

It’s really hard to tell you specific requirements without using the direct math (I had to dig around in the source to get the numbers down) — the alternative is to basically keep playing and talking to people until you hope to get it right, but that takes forever. Hopefully this will help save people some time. Also spoiler alerts.

Here’s how it works.

Every character’s “relationship value” starts off at 1. Each time you talk to that person, that relationship value goes up by 1. If that value is equal to 9 or higher, you can see that person’s ending.

But to be able to talk to a character in the cafe, you need to fulfill some requirements. There are “chat” defaults also associated with each character’s Chat variable (everyone’s starts off at 0):

CHAT DEFAULTS:
Johnny = 3
Swig = 3
Deadeye = 3
Tessa = 3
Mare = 4
Ginny = 2
Nefertiti = 1

Every time you talk to a character, the Chat variable is set to their Default (so every time you talk to, say, Tessa, her Chat variable is set to 3 and her Relationship variable goes up by 1). Every stage/boss you beat decreases everyone’s Chat value by 1 (including Nefertiti’s). Characters only appear in the cafe given that their Chat value is less than or equal to 0 (in other words, characters disappear and come back to the cafe 3 days after you talk to them, except Ginny returns every 2 days and Mare returns every 4 and Nefertiti returns every day. If a character’s Relationship variable is >=9 they will not appear in the cafe again, either. But there are some additional requirements to get characters to appear in the cafe:

Supplemental requirements in addition to having a Chat value <=0:

Johnny: You also need Money >= (Relationship – 1) x 50,000, but on New Game Plus Mode, you need Money >= (Relationship – 1) x 50,000 + 400,000

Swig: No additional requirements.

Deadeye: You also need the SUM TOTAL OF LEVELS across all your weapons >= 10 x Relationship x ((Relationship – 1) / 2)), but on New Game Plus Mode, this requirement will go away.

Tessa: You also need Total Mods >= (Relationship – 1) x 10, but on New Game Plus Mode, you need Total Mods >= (Relationship – 1) x 10 + 80

Mare: No additional requirements. Her Chat variable is the highest out of everyone, so the hard part is just talking to her enough.

Ginny: You also need total deaths < (9 – Relationship)

Nefertiti: You must be playing on Hard mode, and you need Total Kills >= (Relationship – 1) * 500

Keep in mind that you can only talk to 2 people in the cafe per day. When you start the game, you begin at Day 1, and this goes up once per level beaten. There are 30 days.

Other day constraints:

Ginny will no longer be able to appear after Day 19, period, and she will also not appear while her Relationship value is equal to 8 and the day is earlier than Day 18 (which means you must save the final conversation with Ginny for Day 18 or Day 19, as Day 20 is when you fight the Firebolt).

Johnny will not appear while his Relationship value is equal to 7 and the day is earlier than Day 22. He will also not appear while his Relationship value is equal to 8 and the day is earlier than Day 29.

Nefertiti won’t appear until Day 22.

To see the special ending:

Everyone’s Relationship value must be >=9. Relationship values do NOT carry over from one game to the next. New Game Plus mode is entirely optional and is just a way to challenge yourself.

Flag Post

Crazy. So people who spend all their cash at the hangar or lab before checking the cafe will accidentally miss Johnny’s ending.

No idea how I missed Ginny on New Game Plus though. I definitely talked to her every time I could and got Chosen One for never dying in the same playthrough (carried over moola and levels made NG+ easy). Buggy.

Thanks for the info. It looks like just grinding levels and moola a lot will work fine.

Flag Post

The hard part is figuring out when to talk to each character. It’s a mass optimization/constraint problem and I have no idea how people are supposed to figure the whole thing out without a walkthrough. It’s not even obvious that characters won’t even appear in the cafe unless OTHER constraints are met (as well as the extent to which those constraints must be fulfilled), so that part alone kills it. Relying on trial and error is impossible, and even when you know how the relationship constraints work, it’s hard to find the solution that will enable you to raise everyone’s Relationship value to 9. In other words, the dev is crazy. XD

Flag Post

I would also love to see all the endings. Every time I beat the game, it solely gives me the no wish option t.t

Flag Post

Is there a definitive answer to whether or not we can unlock endings on New Game +?

Flag Post

EDIT: Right now, you can’t.

Flag Post

Yes, you can unlock endings just fine on New Game+ mode. It’s just a lot harder to talk to a particular character a sufficient number of times because certain constraints become harder to meet.

Seriously? Maybe he stealth-fixed whatever was the problem. If that’s true, I’ll have to copy-paste my old save game back in and retry. I did crazy amounts of grinding for Hard Mode so that when I started New Game+ it would be easy.

But not for a while. I already played this game to hell and back trying to figure it out. I still have 21 save files from when I was trying different cafe scene combinations and grinding until I was invincible.

Flag Post

Here is one such optimal solution that will allow you to talk to everybody and maximize relationships (you must be playing on Hard Mode and, again, you can’t die at all until you talk to Ginny on Day 18. The initial fight with the Firebolt during the Prologue doesn’t count towards your deaths):

Day 1 (very start of the game): Talk to Mare and Deadeye.
Day 2: Talk to Tessa and Swig.
Day 3: Talk to Ginny and Johnny.
Day 4: Talk to Deadeye.
Day 5: Talk to Mare and Tessa.
Day 6: Talk to Ginny and Swig.
Day 7: Talk to Johnny and Deadeye.
Day 8: Talk to Ginny and Tessa.
Day 9: Talk to Mare and Swig.
Day 10: Talk to Ginny and Johnny.
Day 11: Talk to Deadeye and Tessa.
Day 12: Talk to Ginny and Swig.
Day 13: Talk to Mare and Johnny.
Day 14: Talk to Ginny and Deadeye.
Day 15: Talk to Tessa and Swig.
Day 16: Talk to Ginny and Johnny.
Day 17: Talk to Mare and Deadeye.
Day 18: Talk to Ginny and Tessa.
Day 19: Talk to Johnny and Swig.
Day 20: Talk to Deadeye.
Day 21: Talk to Mare and Tessa.
Day 22: Talk to Johnny and Swig.
Day 23: Talk to Nefertiti and Deadeye.
Day 24: Talk to Nefertiti and Tessa.
Day 25: Talk to Mare and Nefertiti.
Day 26: Talk to Nefertiti and Swig.
Day 27: Talk to Nefertiti.
Day 28: Talk to Nefertiti.
Day 29: Talk to Mare and Nefertiti.
Day 30: Talk to Nefertiti and Johnny.

If you follow this and the characters aren’t showing up in the cafe, it’s because you haven’t fulfilled the supplemental parameters (money for Johnny, weapon levels for Deadeye, Total Mods for Tessa, Hard Mode and Kills for Nefertiti, no Deaths for Ginny).

The final ending can only be achieved, in other words, on Hard Mode. Doing this will also allow you to choose from all endings at once.

Flag Post

I’m going to follow that guide real quick on NG+ mode just to verify.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Colorstyle:

Yes, you can unlock endings just fine on New Game+ mode. It’s just a lot harder to talk to a particular character a sufficient number of times because certain constraints become harder to meet.

Seriously? Maybe he stealth-fixed whatever was the problem. If that’s true, I’ll have to copy-paste my old save game back in and retry. I did crazy amounts of grinding for Hard Mode so that when I started New Game+ it would be easy.

But not for a while. I already played this game to hell and back trying to figure it out. I still have 21 save files from when I was trying different cafe scene combinations and grinding until I was invincible.

How do you get the save file? I’ve been looking for that for ages :o

and MrRubix, how you you view the source of the flash file?

I personally would like to acquire all the art in the game as separate picture files, but screenshotting degrades the quality. :(

Flag Post

What stat builds do you use?

Flag Post

Oh, lordy. I just went and made my own scenario like the one you made, MrRubix, using all the info with chat defaults and whatnot, that you gave in your other post. If only I had checked back in and seen your follow-up, aha.

It’s good that you made one though, even if it renders mine useless. I’m not very smart so mine is probably wrong, and useless anyways.

It’d probably be smart to just follow yours, but I don’t want to feel like that last half hour or so was all for nothing. So here’s mine.

day 1: mare, J
day 2: ginny, S
day 3: D, T
day 4: ginny, J
day 5: mare, S
day 6: ginny, T
day 7: J, D
day 8: ginny, S
day 9: mare, T
day 10: ginny, J
day 11: D, S
day 12: ginny, T
day 13: mare, J
day 14: ginny, D
day 15: T, S
day 16: J,
day 17: mare, D
day 18: ginny, S
day 19: T,
day 20: D,
day 21: mare, S
day 22: nefertiti, J
day 23: nefertiti, T
day 24: mare, nefertiti
day 25: nefertiti, D
day 26: nefertiti, S
day 27: nefertiti, T
day 28: mare, nefertiti
day 29: nefertiti, J
day 30: D,

I really just, guess and checked my way through it. Do you think it works too? Or was I totally off?

Flag Post
Originally posted by imwetoddid:

What stat builds do you use?

I just go average, 1 point in each per level. It’s annoying when you get to New Game Plus though, and have to redistribute your points. If you grind often enough, not dying for the first 18 or so days is pretty doable. If you’re looking for strategic builds that don’t require as much mindless grinding though, I’m not sure mine fits the bill.

Sorry if this doesn’t help at all. Hopefully someone else knows a more useful build. (Or an actual build, for that matter.)

Flag Post

Vahn: That doesn’t work because you’ve got Mare on 21 but then Mare again on 24 (you need a 4 day gap for Mare)

Here is a corrected list from Day 24 onward:

Day 24: Nefertiti
Day 25: Mare, D
Day 26: Nefertiti, S
Day 27: Nefertiti, T
Day 28: Nefertiti, D
Day 29: Nefertiti, J
Day 30: Mare, Nefertiti

Apply this change to your list and it’ll make your outline an equally-valid solution.

Flag Post

Best stat distribution for NG+ is INT and DEF (I choose LUCK as secondary). With those two high enough, you literally never die. I just put all my mods into shield regen + shield and never even get into HP. Currently on game run 3 and I can literally sit in front of the final boss’ beam attack and not have it hit through the shield (and regen back to full over time).

Flag Post

Opps, forgot what I wanted to say. I completed the game again w/o dying and I still have the error where I don’t get any choice of endings sides no wish. MrRubix, can you just do a text dump (+ final image if you happen to have it…..) for those of us that suck =/

Flag Post

Ah, thanks MrRubix.

I must’ve messed up on my counting, mhms. Good thing it was closer to the end than the beginning, otherwise it would’ve been really messed up.

Flag Post

EternalRift: Are you talking to people in the cafe enough?

Also, did you cheat (I personally don’t care if you did, just bringing awareness to it)? There’s a ton of code in this game that will nix you from being able to see any other character endings if it’s detected that you’ve cheated.

Flag Post

Nope, went thru 3 playthrus and didn’t cheat in a single one. The only time I got any endings was the first playthru. That and I’m sure I qualify for at least one of them. The first playthru I qualified for 5 of them….then the second 2 I got nothing each time.

Flag Post

Maybe it’s a bug, idk. I’ll have to see for myself when I get the chance. I just finished recording all the endings and will upload them shortly.

Flag Post

Time to blast through New Game+ and see if I can get endings this time.

Yoshimagick: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1/topics/22793 has info on save game locations. It’s RPG_Shooter.sol.

Flag Post

i think grinding exp/gold and maxing weapons before beating game or on new game+ might trigger a false flag for cheating then cut out endings, i beat the game 3x new game+ and new game on hard mode with only default option ending. i got the no death achievement so i should have got ginny ending.(think grinding on a stage then just exit without beating it triggers flag, not sure)

i will appreciate the ending uploads… very tired of beating the game, lol.