Runescape: Good or Bad? page 2

53 posts

Flag Post

I have to ask you all. Who cares?

Flag Post

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOU MADE A GAME AND EVERY ONE SAID IT WAS A PIECE OF SHIT

Flag Post

Given that there are only enough people to fill up a couple hundred pages of spammed comments, multi-accounts included and compared to the number of people who actually still play the game both on Kongregate and off it, I’d say that the number of people who do like the game heavily outweigh the number of people who are ranting about it. And here I was thinking this would blow over in about a week. Sheesh.

Flag Post

sigh people just dont like the graphics and cant play the game without a substancial amount of help so just go to this guide to all the quests and minnigames: http://runehq.com it helped me wen i just started

Flag Post

I rock at runescape!

i am ruudiluca on runescape too!

Flag Post

dont think its bad cuz its just farming just get to higher and it gaets fun and there is nobody(except maby the creator)who has finished it so it really is fun just once you get to the stage where u can kill

Flag Post

1. This game is too old to have a topic about it.

2. Almost everyone who responds and says it’s good will be players who had wasted their time getting an “uber” character, and are full of themselves saying how good the game is, when they wouldn’t think twice about dissing it if they had only played it for a week or so.

3. The graphics hurt my eyes, I’m too adjusted to year 1998+ graphics to play it, but that’s just my own biased opinion.

4. Think of how many arguments this kind of topic has started, with no gain.

5. Even though it’s so old, as confirmed by the veteran player’s taunts about “this came first” in response to comparisons,
why is it still p2p?

Flag Post

“wats wildy” :D

Flag Post

well, it’s not bad game but…. eh…. yea.

Flag Post

1 Good game and fun. I find it a good game and its a :) for me…:). But what about you guys. my main is 61.

Flag Post

I played it for a time but quit due to religious reasons.

It is good in some respects but bad in others.

Good things: quests and certain skills
Bad: killing humans, gods

Flag Post

this game is alright. not so bad i played for 1 year already

Flag Post

Just to make a point, Runescape been in the Guiness Book of World Records for 3 years in a row now (and I think for a year or two here and there in the past) for best MMORPG. What’s the Miniclip incident? I only play rs on the rs website so I wouldn’t know.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilpwner:

Just to make a point, Runescape been in the Guiness Book of World Records for 3 years in a row now (and I think for a year or two here and there in the past) for best MMORPG. What’s the Miniclip incident? I only play rs on the rs website so I wouldn’t know.

The Miniclip incident involves Runescape putting the game on the website Miniclip. It’s a site similar to this (it’s a games portal). Many longtime users of Runescape contribute the demise of Runescape to adding it to that particular website. When it was added, Runescape gained a lot of new players (and quite a lot of young and immature players). It turned from a smaller, mature game to a wasteland of Internet Memes and 11 year olds lying about their age so they could play. This caused a lot of trolling/flaming to happen in the game and many say it has never recovered.

You can still see blatant differences between the free game and the pay game today. They are two totally different worlds (literally and not). The free game tends to be an idiot wasteland but the more mature and respectful players tend to be on the pay-to-play side of things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DavidJames26:

My god it’s a freaking rping game. It doesn’t matter!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Repaer:

I have seeing some negative and positive comments on the massive online game Runescape.
I have saw more negative then positives comments.
If you don’t like it, then don’t say its sucks but tell Jagex what they could make or inprove, like a new Construction minigame, or a Strenght Guild?
Theres tons of new ideas that Jagex may like them!
Also, i heard that players quitted because the wildy is gone, BUT its coming back!
(Woohoo!)
Its not a bad thing that you don’t like Runescape but for some players it could be annoying to see such negative comments, while they thinks its totally awesome.
I know, Jagex is making more updates for the members then for the non-members, but it isn’t expensive for being a member, only 5$ a month!
I don’t know if it is exactly 5$ but it can’t be heigher, i think.
So, people of Kongregate, please stop putting negative comments on Runescape because theres no point in it.
A Runescape-liking Kogregater,
Repaer.

How can i tell them when their forums is for members only, and they do ignore even those members petitions?

Flag Post

Worst game ever. The graphic sucks, all the music sucks, anyway, Runescape sucks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyYay:

Runescape is crap because its all farming. Nothing else. No actual fun involved.

Seriously I think you just did farming because its not all farming…

Flag Post
Originally posted by reikuboyama:

Worst game ever. The graphic sucks, all the music sucks, anyway, Runescape sucks.

how is that a reason? first of all you can mute secondly why are people just looking at graphics its like the fun part is graphics

Flag Post

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIBLWE

Flag Post

if you dont like the game STOP PLAYING its as easy as that dont start whining about it saying it sucks

Flag Post
Originally posted by DavidJames26:

dude seriously its a game!!!!!! who cares about that i mean so what its no like you actually worship the gods in real life

Flag Post

I used to love the game. nonetheless people became cyber bullies and seem to think “noob” is an effective insult. As for the farming thing, it’s also slightly centered on quests, the worst of it for me was the whole…walk here, walk there, oh wait you need to walk here instead thing. And let the record show i could easilt beat level 45+ as a 35 (:

Flag Post

[quote]
You can still see blatant differences between the free game and the pay game today. They are two totally different worlds (literally and not). The free game tends to be an idiot wasteland but the more mature and respectful players tend to be on the pay-to-play side of things.
[/quote]

quite easily true.

personally, I think it’s nice, if only because you can play for free (and no installing, just a java-managed download), you just get a relatively limited set of options…show me another game like that, and i’ll play that too.
It’s lost some of the charm of exploration for me (can I have an “I’m a supernoob! I got lost in the falador garden!*” T-shirt?), and now that there is a high-quality map telling you exactly where you are, even the members worlds (on a cousin’s account… cough) don’t have quite the wonder in them…and what’s more, jagex rather zapped the experience for new players with the free lumbridge teleport. (nice though it is, jagex, new players were really supposed to use dying as a free teleport, not a comfortable homeport spell)

Then jagex ruined the wilderness with purely lethal, overpowerd, relatively mindless revenants, so the wilderness lost it’s charm as well (it was fun to mine mithril or coal in the wilderness, and wonder if a player would attack me or mine on their own)
Still…they have made noble efforts to restore it somewhat.

I log on once in a while, to train range or something.

*really! my first week, I managed to get lost in the falador garden and the cow pasture north of lumbridge!…not to mention intentionally heading suicidally into the wilderness.

Flag Post

I enjoy playing it. I don’t care what others say.