MineCraft Vs. Terraria page 3

203 posts

Flag Post

Have played both games. I personally like Minecraft’s open-endedness more. Terraria is good too, but it is like other games I have played. Minecraft is one of the best sandbox games I have ‘played’.

Flag Post

I just won Minecraft.
Can you WIN Terraria?

Flag Post

I like Terraria better because there’s more stuff to do and it’s more addicting than Minecraft. It’s also got that RPG feel in it.

Flag Post

Minecraft wins, no questions asked!

Flag Post

i personally prefer terraria. minecraft is very good too, its just not my preference.

Flag Post

I like both games but i havent personally played terraria but there is elements of terraria that if it was put in minecraft would make terraria Useless.

Flag Post

minecraft, of course, is minecraft 3d, to go to the nether and etc …

Flag Post
Originally posted by erickspaulino:

You’re saying that like there’s no Underworld in Terraria.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rockadmiral:

well, there is an area with lava and stuff at the bottom of the map, but its far too tame to be called an underworld. it needs to be renamed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by rockadmiral:

well, there is an area with lava and stuff at the bottom of the map, but its far too tame to be called an underworld. it needs to be renamed.

They should name it “The Core”

Flag Post

guys, it depends what you like. If you like a game that has a tonne of monsters, bosses, and ores, then terraria is you best bet. If you like a game where you gargle in amazement at the beautiful landscape, overhangs and play around with redstone, then minecraft is you best bet (I have both so trust me, im NOT a trool)

Flag Post

i don’t know, there both AWSOME! i have both minecraft and terraria

Flag Post

I think minecraft is better because i realy like 3d games. Terraria not so much because well Its not 3d and you dont have the nether. Plus Minecraft has a better land scape then Terria. And what is a troll?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Why even compare them? They both feel completely different. I have days worth of game time on both. Terraria definitely has more clear objectives, items, npcs and is geared more toward rpg players. Minecraft is more about creativity and just screwing around and is geared more toward casual gamers.

They’re both awesome addicting games. I wish people would stop pitting things against one another.

Flag Post

Yogscast. Checkmate.

Flag Post

in my opinion terraria is a well made version of minecraft. Now i’m not saying that its better but it seems more WELL MADE. I have noticed that cheating in terraria is frowned upon, as in minecraft it’s fine. I think that minecraft is a little bit better but i think that terraria is a better made game. (minecraft is a sandbox. terraria is a game.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by My_Pale_Rex:

Minecraft is better because it has an extra dimension.

Also, Minecraft is better because Terraria is a RIPOFF of Minecraft

Call of duty is a rip off of golden eye.. Which was a rip off of doom.. Which was a rip off of pong.. Which was a rip off of table tennis.. Which is a ripoff of real tennis… everything is a ripoff of something…

Originally posted by slasher:

Yogscast. Checkmate.

oshi

Flag Post

Minecraft is way better for many reasons, more creativity, an extra dimension, you can change your skin to really cool things and terraria is just a mega fail rip off! Terraria, I give you a 2/10!

Flag Post
Originally posted by mellow297:

Minecraft is way better for many reasons, more creativity, an extra dimension, you can change your skin to really cool things and terraria is just a mega fail rip off! Terraria, I give you a 2/10!

did you even read what i posted…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Except that what you posted is complete and utter bullshit. Even though I disagree that Terraria is a rip-off, stuff can be actual rip-offs of other. CraftMiner is a rip-off of Minecraft because it’s almost the same, except shittier. Minecraft was BASED on Infiminer (or whatever), but it changed COMPLETELY and took a whole different path, exactly like Terraria.

I have noticed that cheating in terraria is frowned upon, as in minecraft it’s fine

You’ve noticed it wrong. The Minecraft community loves when something is done legitimately, although some creations are impossible to do under normal circumstances, such as gigantic, functional computers or massive rebuilds of sections of the real world. Mods are heavily encouraged because they add fun to the game, they are NOT considering cheating – how can you even cheat in a sandbox game with no real goals or bragging rights? It’s not even a big accomplishment to kill the Ender Dragon.
Skyrim also has thousands of Mods and “cheating”-acceptable community. Is it worse than Terraria in that aspect, or in any aspect? Nope.

(minecraft is a sandbox. terraria is a game.)

Under your logic, Click the Button is a game and Power Game/Minecraft aren’t. They are obviously better in that aspect… except not. Your stupid logic contains three gigantic assumptions:
1. Games are better than sandboxes by nature (if they were different)
2. Sandboxes aren’t games
3. Terraria isn’t a sandbox game also
How would it be better anyway? A shitty team that barely updates the game, only works in 2 dimensions, has a bunch of glitches even though it’s simple, annoying gameplay with a 3×2 character (which makes no sense), etc.
While Minecraft has a huge team, with huge community, huge events, huge updates, 3 dimensions (Both in the meaning that it’s 3D and contains Overworld, Nether, and The End), glitches that are fixed right when they appear even though the game is complicated as fuck…

Which was a rip off of doom.. Which was a rip off of pong..

THE MISSING LINK

Flag Post
Originally posted by velricreize:
Originally posted by bjjdude:

Except that what you posted is complete and utter bullshit. Even though I disagree that Terraria is a rip-off, stuff can be actual rip-offs of other. CraftMiner is a rip-off of Minecraft because it’s almost the same, except shittier. Minecraft was BASED on Infiminer (or whatever), but it changed COMPLETELY and took a whole different path, exactly like Terraria.

I have noticed that cheating in terraria is frowned upon, as in minecraft it’s fine

You’ve noticed it wrong. The Minecraft community loves when something is done legitimately, although some creations are impossible to do under normal circumstances, such as gigantic, functional computers or massive rebuilds of sections of the real world. Mods are heavily encouraged because they add fun to the game, they are NOT considering cheating – how can you even cheat in a sandbox game with no real goals or bragging rights? It’s not even a big accomplishment to kill the Ender Dragon.
Skyrim also has thousands of Mods and “cheating”-acceptable community. Is it worse than Terraria in that aspect, or in any aspect? Nope.

(minecraft is a sandbox. terraria is a game.)

Under your logic, Click the Button is a game and Power Game/Minecraft aren’t. They are obviously better in that aspect… except not. Your stupid logic contains three gigantic assumptions:
1. Games are better than sandboxes by nature (if they were different)
2. Sandboxes aren’t games
3. Terraria isn’t a sandbox game also
How would it be better anyway? A shitty team that barely updates the game, only works in 2 dimensions, has a bunch of glitches even though it’s simple, annoying gameplay with a 3×2 character (which makes no sense), etc.
While Minecraft has a huge team, with huge community, huge events, huge updates, 3 dimensions (Both in the meaning that it’s 3D and contains Overworld, Nether, and The End), glitches that are fixed right when they appear even though the game is complicated as fuck…

Which was a rip off of doom.. Which was a rip off of pong..

THE MISSING LINK

1. ok terra add’s a LOT to minecraft… and really they aren’t even the same. they did not steal much from minecraft as its in 2d… its a HUGE difference… even if they DID steal from them they changed SO MUCH. its in 2d instead of 3d there are differences!!
2. by cheating i mean spawning items. when you say mods are heavily encouraged as you can spawn i know this!!!! (you do know i play minecraft right?) what i mean is in minecraft it IS encouraged. and in terraria it is NOT encouraged!! im not saying that it is a problem im just stating a fact!
3. when did i say that being a game is better than being a sand box? im the kind of person who never plays story mode in gta. i LOVE minecraft. im not trying to say that its bad. and what i mean by terraria is a game is that it has quite a few bosses, around 10 tiers, and item’s that carry through worlds. i just think that it was well designed. while im sure that it has its fair share of bugs it still is a good game
4. why did you not consider what i said before writing it? im trying to say that every game is a rip off of something… really i don’t like it when people criticize for that. (unless they hold almost every aspect of the game)

(just to say this i LOVE minecraft. im just trying to say that terraria is NOT a rip off)

Flag Post

I find it funny how everyone believes that if a game has mining in it, and crafting, it’s an instant ripoff of minecraft. Minecraft wasn’t even the first that did mining in a game. Does that mean minecraft is a ripoff? (HINT: the answer starts with “N” and ends with “O”) they are immensely different games if you actually think about it. Of course, the pea-brained extreme (not all of them, just a select few) minecraft freaks will still adamantly refuse that another game can have mining and crafting, I don’t really play either game. So get over it and just respect games for what they are.

Flag Post

minecraft, i like 3d better

Flag Post

I really don’t get why everyone fights over this, I play both regularly and I love them both.