MineCraft Vs. Terraria page 7

204 posts

Flag Post

Minecraft x10 Can’t Compare to all the stuff in Terraria

Flag Post
Originally posted by vasfv:

i prefer minecraft,because it’s 3D,minecraft have : difficulty,3D,texturepacks,mods,multiplayer,beat the game,and you can build better things,like,3D pixel arts,and you can change the skin even if you don’t buy the game,and you can pick blocks like wood just by punching at the block.

terraria have : 2D,build 2D things,multiplayer,more blocks,more monsters,you can’t beat the game(in minecraft you beat the game by killing the enderdragon),you can’t change the skin when you alredy made the player,etc.

Um… who wants games to end…?

Flag Post

Minecraft is much better than any other game.

Flag Post

I prefer the content of Terriaria over Minecraft, but I enjoy Minecraft a little more.
Why?
I’m a builder. Terriaria has the content, millions of ores, large caves, different type of things (I am tired, excuse me.)
Terriaria is easily the winner of content, but it lacks in building. Building in 2D isn’t that enjoyable. I mean, you can easily build some nice towns or cities but it just gets boring. Minecraft has 3D, which makes building a lot funnier. Building a city or a town is much more fun, adding a type of depth and different streets and such in MC, while Terriaria you just build up or expand left to right, MC is different that way. If you are a miner, enjoy Terriara. If you’re a builder, enjoy MC.

Flag Post

Minecraft fans VS. Terraria fans: Whoever loses… Aspergers wins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LeeTLucas:

I think Minecraft is better because of the the 3D element and it’s more realistic then Terraria….

Because trees float. However so realistic

Flag Post

I am a supporter of Terraria. Plus minecraft would lag like hell if I played it in my shitty computer.

Originally posted by MoustacheSniper:

I prefer the content of Terriaria over Minecraft, but I enjoy Minecraft a little more.
Why?
I’m a builder. Terriaria has the content, millions of ores, large caves, different type of things (I am tired, excuse me.)
Terriaria is easily the winner of content, but it lacks in building. Building in 2D isn’t that enjoyable. I mean, you can easily build some nice towns or cities but it just gets boring. Minecraft has 3D, which makes building a lot funnier. Building a city or a town is much more fun, adding a type of depth and different streets and such in MC, while Terriaria you just build up or expand left to right, MC is different that way. If you are a miner, enjoy Terriara. If you’re a builder, enjoy MC.

Can you make this in minecraft?
http://www.terrariaonline.com/attachments/volcano-final-jpg.41107/

Flag Post

Can you make this in minecraft?

Yes, you can make it 3D too.

Flag Post

It’s all a matter of opinion, so people need to stop trying to prove that they’re right. Some people like Terraria more, some people like Minecraft more. They have their reasons. End of story.

Flag Post

minecraft its a lot of time better than terraria:
-Minecraft dont got so many mobs but the mobs are cooler a lot cooler that terrarias mobs
-in minecraft its easier to build in terraria you got a small part in minecraft a cube per 1 item(placeable items)
-minecraft its 3d and terraria 2d (and everyone knows that the big part of 3d games are better than 2d games)
-minecraft got other dimensions (i dont know if terraria got other dimensions but i guess no)
- minecraft got mods and textures
-until minecraft 1.2.5 was exist other ghost entities than only herobrine (in terraria no things like those
and for all that dont trust in Herobrine it exist i meet hi min multiplayer i followed him he was want push me i nthe nether portal o.O and when i was go out fro msafe zone he killed me whit diamond sword an then was eat rotten flesh
So Minecraft its a lot better than Terraria!

Flag Post

I have easily put over 200 hours into Minecraft, yet, I still prefer Terraria.

Terraria strides into the territory that Minecraft is still yet to achieve, and that is an actual game. Minecraft, you basically have to make your own goals to achieve something (Other than the end and the achievements), but Terraria is a very, very, very deep platformer when you look at it closely.

In no way is Terraria a “Rip-off” of Minecraft, it’s not even close. Terraria supports adventure and fighting unlike Minecraft which supports building and mining.

Also: This thread was necrobumped up the butt…

Flag Post

I disagree.. Terraria is the better game. There are just about 50 more items. and more blocks and realms to explore. Although it is 2d. It also has the ability for a local multiplayer that is easy to use. All in all. terraria is a better game

Flag Post
Originally posted by HellmasterD:

There are just about 50 more items.

WOW!

Flag Post

minecraft has it beat just by 3d

Flag Post

This is still going? Lemme tell you…

I am a builder, I enjoy doing graphics and I prefer Terraria all the way, it has more challenge when comes to designing -yes! That’s not necessarily a bad thing, actually I like to have limits when creating, cause then I am forced to use my imagination some more, to make it exactly the way I want it.

Besides I tried to start playing minecraft the other day… it sucked so much I closed it down after 30 minutes – besides it’s not very fun when a creeper explodes all your buildings in which you spent hours to built – the worst that can happen in terraria is a goblin that smashes your door in, which you can easily pick up and place again, and also this can be prevented in multiple ways.

Minecraft devs. stopped caring about quality long time ago, and just made updates for the sake of updates.

Only downside with terraria is when entering hardmode and corruption/hallow spreads all over :(

And biosandy, the mobs are way cooler in terraria, and it also has mods, so you can’t really use that as an arguement for minecraft being better. Also LeeTLucas, realism doesn’t necessarily make a game better, I for instance like the retro-Mario-ish-style there is over Terraria :P

The only, ONLY reason Minecraft “could” get a win is for the 3D. Nothing else in-game is better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maowee:

I am a builder, I enjoy doing graphics and I prefer Terraria all the way, it has more challenge when comes to designing -yes! That’s not necessarily a bad thing, actually I like to have limits when creating, cause then I am forced to use my imagination some more, to make it exactly the way I want it.

Besides I tried to start playing minecraft the other day… it sucked so much I closed it down after 30 minutes – besides it’s not very fun when a creeper explodes all your buildings in which you spent hours to built – the worst that can happen in terraria is a goblin that smashes your door in, which you can easily pick up and place again, and also this can be prevented in multiple ways.

Minecraft devs. stopped caring about quality long time ago, and just made updates for the sake of updates.

Only downside with terraria is when entering hardmode and corruption/hallow spreads all over :(

And biosandy, the mobs are way cooler in terraria, and it also has mods, so you can’t really use that as an arguement for minecraft being better. Also LeeTLucas, realism doesn’t necessarily make a game better, I for instance like the retro-Mario-ish-style there is over Terraria :P

The only, ONLY reason Minecraft “could” get a win is for the 3D. Nothing else in-game is better.

terra has NO mods.
And Don’t say a game is bad just due to it being hard. As some people do enjoy the creepers.

Flag Post

Terraria does have mods, and he never said that Minecraft was difficult.

Also, difficulty is a valid reason for believing a game is bad.

Flag Post
Originally posted by biosandy:

minecraft its a lot of time better than terraria:
-Minecraft dont got so many mobs but the mobs are cooler a lot cooler that terrarias mobs
-in minecraft its easier to build in terraria you got a small part in minecraft a cube per 1 item(placeable items)
-minecraft its 3d and terraria 2d (and everyone knows that the big part of 3d games are better than 2d games)
-minecraft got other dimensions (i dont know if terraria got other dimensions but i guess no)
- minecraft got mods and textures
-until minecraft 1.2.5 was exist other ghost entities than only herobrine (in terraria no things like those
and for all that dont trust in Herobrine it exist i meet hi min multiplayer i followed him he was want push me i nthe nether portal o.O and when i was go out fro msafe zone he killed me whit diamond sword an then was eat rotten flesh
So Minecraft its a lot better than Terraria!

… holy fuck no.
And if you saw him in multiplayer then its just annother person xD

Flag Post

I had written a whole paragraph for you bjjdude, but I realised Darkboy said everything I wanted to say with fewer words. :P

Flag Post

Also I would like to point out that I’m a she, not a he. :P

Flag Post

Apples and Oranges.

I think they’re both great, and they offer different things. I consider the building to be better in MInecraft, but Terarria has a more diverse RPG element for those who are interested in that. Minecraft’s focus is on the building, while Terarria is on the combat. I think that’s the best way to sum it up.

Flag Post

Minecraft Is better In my opinion. Im making a lets play series on it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qKUrqOi_DI&feature=plcp

Flag Post

Minecraft is much better. Though with the new updates the bugs and glitches meter is a deep dark red right now.
And not only that, my fps is low due to the recent update.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EmoChicken:

I have easily put over 200 hours into Minecraft, yet, I still prefer Terraria.

Terraria strides into the territory that Minecraft is still yet to achieve, and that is an actual game. Minecraft, you basically have to make your own goals to achieve something (Other than the end and the achievements), but Terraria is a very, very, very deep platformer when you look at it closely.

In no way is Terraria a “Rip-off” of Minecraft, it’s not even close. Terraria supports adventure and fighting unlike Minecraft which supports building and mining.

Also: This thread was necrobumped up the butt…

That’s the whole point of minecraft-make your own goal. Too many games nowadays have a narrator telling you what to do and where to go.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:
Originally posted by Maowee:

terra has NO mods.
And Don’t say a game is bad just due to it being hard. As some people do enjoy the creepers.

Terraria is so boss, there is no need for mods. If minecraft was “Such a great game”, it should have been great without some other peoples creations. Hell, Notch couldn’t even develop enemies himself. One of them was a glitch, just like what the entire game is. A glitch. Yes, I play it alot on Xbox. It is a great game, but Terraria is just fo-show the winner here.