Best and Worst Super Smash Bros. Brawl Characters page 35

875 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beny071:
Originally posted by 09Kisame09:

For me, my best would have to be Lucas or Diddy Kong. Sometimes Luigi.
My worst, Jigglypuff. Bleh.

I could never play Ness or Lucas. My best would probably be Pit or Link.

Lucas is extremely easy for me to play; I like how light and versatile he is. He can take quite a punch before he starts really being sent flying, and even then, he has a massive recovery ability. Ness in my opinion pails in comparison to Lucas just because he’s more power-based, and when you use his up recovery move, once it hits someone, it disappears. Lucas’ remains for several hits allowing you to recover even if someone touches the electric ball mid-recovery. Additionally, Lucas’ smash attacks have more than enough power, especially his up c-stick :D

And for those who think Olimar’s Pikmin are bad, you have vastly underestimated their power. For example, if you can pull out at least one purple pikmin per bunch, you already have a power hitter, and if you use the other colors to do damage, you can finish them off with a purple. I don’t find it too hard to reorder them mid-battle to get the purple one up front when needed. Additionally, the Pikmin have elemental resistances depending on their color, which always comes in handy even if the others get wiped out. Overall, the Pikmin if used right, can deal a lot of damage very quickly; his down and up c-stick smashes are really powerful, more so than a lot of other characters and because he’s so small, he can dodge certain attacks with more ease. I won’t even begin discussing his abilities to juggle multiple players =P

Flag Post

Isn’t Kirby wildly considered to be the strongest and most overpowered character in the game?

-Michael

[removed]

Flag Post

I notcied no one on the first two pages mentioned Captain Falcon. :P

Flag Post
Originally posted by ShetalMell:

Sonic is one of the worst characters in the game.

Originally posted by Frogdice:

Isn’t Kirby wildly considered to be the strongest and most overpowered character in the game?

-Michael

[removed]

I agree.

For me,
Best: Kirby, Meta Knight, Ness and Captain Falcon.
Worst: Sonic and Mario.

Flag Post

Anyone can be good at Meta Knight. Seriously, he’s stupidly broken.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Frogdice:

He got worse as the games progressed.

Whenever I do play Brawl with friends, which is probably now twice a year, I use Ness.

Flag Post

As much hate as he gets, i find Diddy Kong very good. His smash is Great, and his jet pack is a nice recovery tool.

Flag Post

Im good with Toon Link,Sonic,Luigi,Mario, and Kirby.Im not good with Ganondorf,Wolf,Pikachu,Ivysuar,And King Dedede.Im learnn wih Link,Marth,Ike,Olmair,Bowser,Meta Knight,Fox,Falco,And Zelda.I dont use as much with Lucas,Ness,Yoshi,Capt. Falcon.Well…I did it.

Flag Post

Top 3. #1Meta Knight. #2Pit #3Link. Bottom 3. 3rd worst:Ice climbers. 2nd worst:Peach worst:Olimar

Flag Post

Honestly, anybody can be great with anyone. I seriously just had to make an account and reply to this post after I heard peach was listed as one of the “worst” and Meta knight as #1
Here is footage of Meta Knight losing to Peach in a Japanese competition of Super Smash: Brawl. Peach: 2 \|/ Meta Knight 1.

(Btw these are the greatest SSB:B players in Japan, maybe the world)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQcVvH1_Fw

Seriously, there is no “best” character or “worst” character. I also see that Olimar is bashed a lot for being the worst, if you can take advantage of his Grabs, he is one of the greatest On the ground characters,

(his grabs are very subtle and the retraction time when he misses the grab is near instant)

why he is so underrated is by far a mystery. However, in the tournament (video) the characters need to be great both in the air and on the ground or else the characters that are too advantageous on the ground will be destroyed by the characters advantageous in the air (vise verse, and this should be a gibbon) Therefore, Olimar is not so popular.

(Especially, since in tournaments there is absolutely no items (In Japan anyway))

I pop into these kinds of forums every now and again to get a good laugh, but I think this post + the video should make a deep enough point to say that all characters are good in their own way…..

But I hate ice-climbers, just saying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Placebo9:

Honestly, anybody can be great with anyone. I seriously just had to make an account and reply to this post after I heard peach was listed as one of the “worst” and Meta knight as #1
Here is footage of Meta Knight losing to Peach in a Japanese competition of Super Smash: Brawl. Peach: 2 \|/ Meta Knight 1.

(Btw these are the greatest SSB:B players in Japan, maybe the world)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQcVvH1_Fw

Seriously, there is no “best” character or “worst” character. I also see that Olimar is bashed a lot for being the worst, if you can take advantage of his Grabs, he is one of the greatest On the ground characters,

(his grabs are very subtle and the retraction time when he misses the grab is near instant)

why he is so underrated is by far a mystery. However, in the tournament (video) the characters need to be great both in the air and on the ground or else the characters that are too advantageous on the ground will be destroyed by the characters advantageous in the air (vise verse, and this should be a gibbon) Therefore, Olimar is not so popular.

(Especially, since in tournaments there is absolutely no items (In Japan anyway))

I pop into these kinds of forums every now and again to get a good laugh, but I think this post + the video should make a deep enough point to say that all characters are good in their own way…..

But I hate ice-climbers, just saying.

One loss doesn’t mean meta knight isn’t one of the best characters, nor that peach is one of the lower tier.

Flag Post

I enjoy Luigi and Pikachu. For me they are the best I’ve tried. Not sure if they are they top tier for others though.

Flag Post

I usually go pokemon theme when i battle my friends. It makes for fun times. Go charizard!

Flag Post

I think Star Fox is one of the best.

Flag Post

According to the wiki meta knight is the best one to play as.
So much so that he is actually banned from tournaments

Flag Post

the ultimate person of ssbb is no competition:lucas (ness is a whole nother person idiots when it comes to attacks) and peach(duh)
good 1s :jigglypuff on good day, a little bit ike and kirby
ice climbers sonic pikachu donkey kong r epic!
ganadorf and marth r okay
the worst,the bottom, the terrible is of coarse yoshi and diddy kong
the rest r middle

Flag Post

The best characters are
Meta knight because of his speed, aerials, comboing, and recovery
Olimar because it’s almost impossible to attack him without being delt tons of dmg
Diddy Kong because his banana peels set up way too many combos
Ice Climbers because if you get grabbed by them, u pretty much are dead
Snake because of his great combos, high knockback attacks, and he is extremely hard to KO if you play him right
The worst are
Ganondorf because he’s slow, sucks at comboing, and sucks at recovering
Zelda because she sucks at comboing, bad recovery, and if you know how to DI during her smash attacks, she’ll have trouble KOing
Link because he’s too slow, unsafe recoverys, and crappy grabs.

Flag Post

I like using Samus because she is sort of balanced. Pikachu is annoying for short maps,but his special WILL destroy you. Lucas and Ness are best for 2vs2 probably. But I LOVE Diddy Kong. He can KO characters when jumping,but it’s hard to do because they’re mostly moving all around.I like Toon Link because he is about 70% good at everything,and his special is ok. Pit is really good,especially for melee or long-ranged attacks because of his bow. META KNIGHT. DESTROYER OF GAMES. THE FINAL BOSS. HE SHALL TURN YOUR CHARACTER INTO DUST WITH THE TAP – or – AND 2 (not really,but you get the point:P)

Flag Post

Best: Meta knight with his speed attacks and snake if your strategic and maybe sonic with his mobility.

Worst: Ice climbers,Ice climbers,Ice climbers,Ice climbers!

Flag Post

Donkey Kongs special ability is crap unless you have good timing and your on a small map

Flag Post

Best: Luigi

Worse: Olimar

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sheensghost:

Ike=Best. Olimar=Worst

Olimar does not suck, you just suck at him.
Anyway,
Best: Mario, both links, Peach(parasol op), Kirby, marth, Ike, metaknight, any other high teir characters.
Worst: Jiggly Puff nuff said.

Flag Post

Best is Mario, Worst is Olimar..

Flag Post

For me, Sonic is the worst character (I find it really hard to control him), Jigglypuff is a close second.

I’m good with practically any other character. Especially Link or Marth. Or, surprisingly, Peach.

Flag Post

Best: Luigi, Pokèmon Trainer
Worst: Pichu, Ice Climbers