Epic War MMO

499 posts

Flag Post

We will develop the game. If you have any idea for the units. ( other than already list at ew5 character ) , list it here.

Flag Post

An MMO about Epic War. :D
Must… contain… excitement…
asplodes

Flag Post

How will this work?
Will it be based around multiplayer?
Everyone starts off with a single weak unit like Goblins, and as they rank up, they gain the ability to unlock more units?

Suggestion: Full sets of equipment for your hero.
Instead of a single accessory, slots for weapons, armour, accessories, etc.
As well as levelling up on their own, rather than being upgraded like the rest of your army.
So when it comes to making your hero stronger, it’s more “RPGish”.

Flag Post

Just quick info, we will tweak the battle system , we want achieve a quick battle so player will not face anymore boring to repeat the PvP and campaign.
maybe something like 5-8mnts battle .

Flag Post

@Happy: we will use “cards” as unit packaging. Lets see

Flag Post

there should b an almost undefeatable boss @ the end of every lvl

Flag Post
Originally posted by arch675:

there should b an almost undefeatable boss @ the end of every lvl

Go play Dark Souls if that’s what you want.

Flag Post

Sounds cool, I’m looking forward to it.
I really do enjoy the Epic War series, you’ve done a great job so far.

Flag Post

Do we have to pay for extra cards or something like taht?

Flag Post

@OMG: its for sure just like any other MMO. but we try not to rob the player and give a lot of option to get the card with gold that can purchased in stage. some rare might sell with kreds

Flag Post

This sounds like it’ll be either awesome or awful.

Flag Post

Yep , true. but we hope its awesome

Flag Post

Please don’t lag… Please don’t lag…

Flag Post

Personally, as someone who doesn’t much care for Epic War, I think I should list what would make it better as an MMO and make it better in PvP.

First off, and this is coming from EW5, heroes are brittle as hell as the game goes on. Oftentimes, there’s very little reason to make them engage in combat. Having them killable is good, but there’s little incentive to not have them camping the back corner. Auras would probably go a VERY long way towards making them viable in combat.

Two, Retreat tends to go VERY poorly due to the hero’s health problem. Losing ground to regroup tends to make the enemy have units respawn same as you, and they can usually get a few kills on your retreating units to make it even worse. Typically, the Epic war games promote all charge, all the time, at least on melee units. Perhaps methods to alter unit movespeed and spawn rates would assist with this.

Three, infinite units. Again, all charge, all the time.

Four. same unit stalemates. If two equal teams meet up, it shouldn’t be a stalemate decided only by spell spam. There should be incentive to fall back and regroup, and means to extend properly. Really, I have no clue how to fix this potential headache. A good example of this problem is spectromancer Astral Horror + Healer spam. Plain and simple, if both sides run this tactic, neither side takes any damage, and both sides have ever climbing healthbars. Epic War’s version is essentially a battle where two all goblin teams or similar run at eachother, and simply get stuck perminantly killing eachother every single time, making no ground past midfield.

Flag Post

Actually. I just finished Epic War 5.

Don’t make an MMO. I don’t want to see the Epic War series dragged further down the drain.

Flag Post

If your making an MMO, you need to pull this off or it’ll get even worse. I used to love EW (First maybe 1-3 games?) but since then, it just feels like your kind of making reskins, and your not listening to suggestions. Where’s the speed up for goodness sake?

I think this will work:
Hero, leveling system, equippable items. Don’t make this brittle as in EW5 where you don’t even need the hero as it’s so weak.

Units – Lots of variety, units counter other units.

Strategy – More strategy, possibly you can’t see the whole battlefield, only the parts you have units near (And a bit further, so basically fog of war), possibly then maybe a bit of a 3D feel so you can move units up and down – scout unit which is fragile but is crucial in charging forward and seeing what units your enemy is making.
Also, adding on to this, maybe you can bring say 8 units to battle but only be spawning 4 different ones at a time, so dead ties are a bit harder to become as you can switch units to counter along with the new strategies if added.

Real PvP, definitely.

Constant updates, active developer replies, basically community will make a MMO good.

I hope you can pull this off…

Flag Post

just short quote
Where’s the speed up for goodness sake? >>>> Its truly you are not dig into the game further by posting this statement.

Flag Post

If you’re going to make a MMO, please, try to avoid some very common errors like these

<div><div>
* Game is laggy. No one likes twitching lag
* There isn’t any skill involved in game whatsoever. Grinding mindlessly sucks
* Game is too hard for newbies. Many players will ragequit when they’re still newbies
* Make game contest limited. Once you reach magical maximum level point, there won’t be anything new to play
* Make each battle to last more than 10 minutes. Even worser if you have small rewards
* Game is luck based. No one likes if you keep loosing just because of lousy luck
* Newbies and more experienced players aren’t separated. This will create unfair conditions for newbies
* Make only few units. Even worse if units you have are similar to enemies units which are different race
* Make few game options to chooce. If you have only one or two game modes, you’ll get pretty bored quickly
* Game doesn’t have a community of it’s own. Everyone likes to chat and write in forums when they want to discuss about something
* Make progressing slow. If you need insane amount of repeating just to level up once, you wan’t to quit game ASAP
* Don’t allow players to “counter camp” if another player decides to stall game, please, give other players options to impy some sort of assault, spell or something so there would be some actual progress
* Make some units/spells overpowered. Implying this feature would seriously deduct “card that are actively used” list
* Same goes with underpowered units. No one uses underpowered units
* Add kred system which forces players to “pay to win”. No one likes “free” game where you have to pay in order to get best stuff
* … make kred/premium currency price too expensive (e.g Tyrant)
* Make servers too small. Everyone who enters in game don’t want to see a game where servers are full
* And finally, leave players unnoticed. Very soon players will start to suspect that you’ve discarded community if you don’t respond in messages and comments</div> </div>

Try to avoid these errors and you’ll get a well rated and productive game whichs name is on everyones lips

I hope that when or if your MMO is released, it will be decent. Also, please make a beta test before launching your game

Flag Post

Customizable heroes would be nice. And I’d also like if you can level them up and upgrade their stats so their health won’t be much of a problem, and so they deal more damage, etc.

Flag Post

How about upgrades, perks etc. I hatte to call it call of duty but the perks should be like call of duty, Longer life, more damage, but make it balanced!

Flag Post

IT MUST BE LIKE EPIC WAR 2 IT MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also a speed up system like “Magicpig is asking for speed up x5” “rudy_sudarto has accepted the speed up”

Flag Post

I hope it will be like Epic war 2 or Epic war 4. 5 was a disappointment, but i still liked it.

Flag Post

I’d like to see some new units such as drakons, the kraken, gryphons, skeleton warriors, necromancers, archery machines (like the magic cannon except it fires arrows), behemoths, assassins, wyrms, and dwarves with axes. Also, I’d like to not hear ‘GO TO HELL’ every time my hero hits anything. I’d like to see an epic war 2 kind of battle style, and an upgrade mana in battle system. If you could equip units and use mana to send them out instead of it auto-sending, that would make it way more strategic. Also, make the camera zoom out a little. Bring back an epic war 2 music style and an epic war 1 cooldown style. Also, I want to see new spells as well as some old ones. New spells that would be pretty awesome would be as follows: earthquake (entire map), shockwave (line spell), flame strike (like the ew1 trap, but castable anywhere), and twister (a line/area spell). Old ones include all of the ew4 spells except for the tower which should be brought back as not a spell, meteor shower from 2, holy swords from 2, and the special from 1. Also, being able to have all of the old units would be awesome, including the epic war 1 centaur. Also, being able to have your own mega-boss like the last level in 1 and the last few levels of 2 would be amazing, for like a last resort if your castle dies, but make this cost 1.5x the cost of the titan. Also, having a revenge wave button would be pretty amazing and helpful. Also, improved graphics would be recommended. Also, keep viegraff, cassandra, popo, the warrior princess, Kara, and gullborg.

Flag Post

And, a massive thunderstorm spell would be amazing, and being able to select one unit instead of the whole group of units would be phenomenal.

Flag Post

@maik50 actually, a list of people according to skill would be great, so if people just starting the mmo have played all the other games and have experience from them want to challenge someone with a lot of skill, they can. Also, show 2 of the enemies units so you know a little of what you are challenging. And show if they have a Titan or not. Also, bring back the ew3 titans plz.