SCGMD4 Discussion - Achievements, Bosses, Secrets

154 posts

Flag Post

Well, since it’s on Kong and have a not-very-low chance at getting another impossible, I guess it’s appropriate to have a “walkthrough” thread about the achievements and bosses.

What this walkthrough still misses:

• Last secret row prize

If you have any idea what these are, please reply. Discussion on how to perfect songs, beat bosses are also welcomed, though these are not covered in the walkthrough.

Flag Post

Achievements

S (orange, accumulating stats related)
Anyone Can Play - Play a song.
C-Note - Hit 250 Notes.
Grubby Hand - Hit 1000 Notes.
Time Well Spent - Play for two hours.
Butter Fingers - Make 1000 mistakes.
Tinnitus - Play three hours of music.
Cliffhanger - Fill 500 holds.
Hooked - Play in pro mode 100 times.
Insatiable Curiosity - Get all of the special achievements.

C (blue, stars related)
Warm up - Get a silver star.
Hat-trick - Get a star on three different songs.
Gold! - Get a gold star.
Flawless victory - Perfect a song.
Put a Ring on It - Gold every regular song.
Wunderking - Perfect five different songs.
Supernova - Get 75 star points.
Midas Touch - Gold 17 songs in pro mode.
The Chosen One - Perfect 17 songs in pro mode.

G (red, unlocks related)
Carrot on a Stick - Get an achievement.
Spoilt Rotten - Get five achievements.
We're Gonna Need a Bigger Van - Unlock two new guitars.
Locksmith - Unlock seven new songs.
Skeleton Key - Unlock 'Switch vs. Evil-Dog Round 3'.
Shhhh! - Play a secret song.
Master of Unlocking - Unlock all 15 regular songs in pro.
Phase 3: Profit! - Use every guitar.

M (green, boss related)
Brave or Foolish - Encounter a boss.
Go for the Eyes! - Defeat a boss.
They Think It's All Over... - Defeat a boss, but only just.
You're Already Dead - Heavy boss damage over 10 seconds.
Stay Down - Overkill a boss.
Two Brothers One Stone - Beat the brothers.
Socialite - Meet every boss.
Outta Time - Defeat the god of time.
Against All Odds - Defeat every boss in pro mode.
Let Me Show You Them! - Overkill every boss in pro mode.
Let the Rivers run red! – Overkill every boss on 17 songs in pro mode.

D (Gray, combo related and some others)
Cover Band - Get a silver on 'In Love with Myself'.
Rock Steady - Perform a 25-hit combo.
Wet and sticky - Reach x4, 4x4 times.
Bebop - Perform a 100-hit combo.
Tribute Act - Get a silver on 'Switch vs. Evil-Dog Round 3'.
Shredder - Perform a 250-hit combo.
Inner Journey - Reach x5 multiplier 25 times.
Sticks on a Plant - Reach x10 Multiplier.
Student Becomes Master - Get a perfect on 'Presumed Dead'.
The Wizard! - Perform a 1000-hit combo. (Only obtainable in I Just Wanna Burn pro)
Tubular – keep pirate god visible for 2 mins in pro mode.

Special Achievements
Screen It All - See Every Menu Screen.
Skin of Your Teeth - Just Scrape a Star Award.
Premature Articulation - Hit lots of buttons before the music starts.
Analysis Paralysis - Spend a while choosing a song.
Crack of Dawn - Play the game at 6AM.
4'33" - Press nothing for a whole song.
...Makes Perfect! - Play the same song 5 times in a row.

Flag Post

Bosses

During normal play, sometimes you can see a purple light with a skeleton face floating on one song. Playing that song adds a purple ball to the bottom right of the music select screen. When you get 3 purple balls, you will encounter a boss the next song you play. (The Brothers excepted)

The Pizza Guy
No real interrupttion, unless you feel his speech bubbles are.
The Puppet
Covers a part of lane when his skill is active.
The God of Pirates
Makes all notes white when his skill is active.
Notice that this boss is only reachable when the multiplier is x3 or x4. If you’re in pro, you can’t hit him in x5 or x10, so you will have to “control” your multiplier to beat him.
Dark Guitar Maniac
Makes fake notes which disappears only a short distance from hit area when his skill is active.
The Brothers
Can only be beaten in Switch vs. Evil-Dog Round 3 before choosing to beat them in other songs.
Two skills. One hides the key commands, and the other inverts the lanes. There are also 2 times in a song that both skills are active, where you can only tell the notes from their color.
The God of Time
Only reachable when the multiplier is x10, making this boss pro mode only.
Speed up notes when his skill is active.

Flag Post

Secret Songs

Both songs are unlocked by guitars
Hole in the Ground – unlocked by choosing ‘Solid G’ and playing the song once.
*Solid G is unlocked by completing the first row of achievements.
Toys and Us – unlocked by choosing ‘Timmy Toy Time’ and playing the song once.
*Timmy Toy Time is unlocked by completing the second row of achievements.
Guitar vs. Piano – unlocked by choosing ‘Stealth Bomba’ and at least get bronze in the song.
*Stealth Bomba unlocked by completing the fourth row of achievements.

Secret Guitars

Tetra – default
Icu – default
Solid G – Unlocked by completing the first row of achievements.
Shadowflame – unlocked by clicking on the corner of poster on the menu.

Timmy Toy Time – completing the second row of achievements.
Rock of Lamb – completing the third row of achievements.
Stealth Bomba – completing the fourth row of achievements.
Peter’s Pepperoni Pizza Paddle – Defeat The Pizza Guy.
Socks McDarn – Defeat The Puppet.
Deadweight – Defeat The God of Pirates.
Megabat – Defeat Dark Guitar Maniac.
GuitarStudio V1.2 – Defeat The Brothers on amateur.
GuitarStudio V9.35A – Defeat The Brothers on pro.
Valkyrie – Defeat The God of Time.

Flag Post

Premature Articulation: “Hit lots of buttons before the music starts.”

Hole in the Ground had enough time before the first note for me to get the achievement, you have to mash pretty fast.

Flag Post

Last achievement of “D” part:
Tubular – keep pirate god visible for 2 mins in pro mode.

Flag Post

thank you very much for this guide appreciate this :D

Flag Post

the final secret challenge is the 18th song named “guitar vs. piano”, unlock after you get the last guitar in the first row.and you can get that guitar after you completed the row 4 achievements.now that the way to get the 4th guitar in row 1 is still mastery?

compare to the final secret challenge,thats a piece of cake all other pro songs.

Flag Post

4th guitar in row one is shadowflame, it’s an easter egg on the main menu (click the corner of the poster in the middle where it’s peeling away).

Adding to the Achievements list, the last one in the M column is “Let the Rivers run red!” – Overkill every boss on 17 songs in pro mode. That…does not sound fun.

Flag Post

Got them! Thank you all!

Flag Post

you make bosses appear by playing the songs that get a weird purple wave and a face, if you play 3 in a row, at least 1 is a boss

skin of your teeth is getting a gold in a song with that wave and face

AND I KNOW WHAT THE LAST ROWS PRICE IS BECAUSE I JUST PERFECTED THE BROTHERS

Flag Post

For “Analysis Paralysis”, how long do you have to wait, and where do you wait? Do you have click several songs and appear like you are debating, or can you just click a song and leave for a bit? Also, after that, I think you have to actually play the song, but do you have to finish it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kloppie5:

you make bosses appear by playing the songs that get a weird purple wave and a face, if you play 3 in a row, at least 1 is a boss

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

EDIT: Just found something that would make it more accurate… Did you notice those purple orbs at the bottom right corner of the song select screen? (Highlighted in picture below, BTW)

Now, if you collect three of those orbs, and click on a song with that purple wave+face combo, you’ll see a boss.

Flag Post

But something;i don’t have any song with purple wave face thingy

Flag Post

I love this game so much! I am done with amateur songs now!!! Onto pro!

Flag Post
Originally posted by VagueKatti:

For “Analysis Paralysis”, how long do you have to wait, and where do you wait? Do you have click several songs and appear like you are debating, or can you just click a song and leave for a bit? Also, after that, I think you have to actually play the song, but do you have to finish it?

I accidentally got it after an afk period for about 10 minutes in the song select screen. Can’t remember where it appeared (immediately after selecting or after song completed) though.

Flag Post

Defeated Bosses 1-5 now i just need 6 …

Flag Post

How do you make the God of Time reappear? I tried to beat him, but the song for which I had to face him was too difficult so I wimped out. Now I can’t seem to find him! Am I doomed?!?!

Flag Post

You are not doomed. It’s really hard to make him appeared. I’m not sure, but I think you have to wait 9 seconds on the song choosing menu, then click. I had the same problem : I changed song and didn’t find it again. Then I remember the choice “9”… so I tried counting 9 seconds and it worked !

Flag Post

To encounter the Dark Guitar Maniac, look for the purple swirl on songs that erupt into the typical ‘boss’ symbol. Play this song, any difficulty. You must play the entire song. Repeat this three more times. The Fourth time you go to play the symboled song (The song changes each time), you will have the option to encounter the Dark Guitar Maniac.

Flag Post

Sadly, “The Wizard!” achievement is the reason why most people will never get to unlock the last song. I wish they would change it to “Hit 1000 notes in a song”, that’s just about as hard as the other goals in level 4, I would think. But getting 1k combo is insane, especially if there’s only one song it works on.

Not saying that the other level 4 achievements aren’t hard, they’re just not even close to as hard as The Wizard.

Flag Post

for the wizard,
just perfect all songs, because you get it in i just wanne burn

all bosses,
just play the song that get that purple wave, the amount of purple balls in the bottem right corner are the chance of a boss and what boss

to beat the brothers, just try to complete the normal song without them and then try them, because you then sort of know what notes to hit

Flag Post

Got the secret final challenge song myself, added full description with it. Hell this chart is brutal.

Flag Post

Thanks so much for the guide. Definitely gonna take a little time to do it all, but it’s a great game so it’s not like I won’t have fun doing it.

By the way, you spelled it “Hold in the Ground” in the OP. Just letting you know. :)

Flag Post

Maybe a short list of the guitars to get? You have the secret guitar, couldn’t you put like
“Top Row 1-2: Given at the beginning”
“Top Row 4: Shadowflame…”
“Top row 3, 5, 6, 7: Unlock Achievement Rows”
“Bottom row 1-7: Beat bosses 1-6” ?

Also, a better question, on the bottom row I am missing the 6th guitar, though I have the rest. I know it’s a different kind of Guitar 5 from the Dark Guitar Maniac, but how do you get it? I’ve overkilled that boss on both Amateur and Pro.